Slackware for Pandora 14.1

Good to hear. Why isn't there a Pandoralive article on SL4P?

I've tried Pandebian and Pandian Mark3, SL4P is next for me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Linux-SWAT -

You mentioned before the following:

SBo packages resides in /tmp when they are built.
Are you talking about finished packaged or temporary ones ?

How to I ensure that everything I have built in the past can be easily re-imported in the new SLackware install ? 

I'd like to make sure I don't lose anything that I have compiled before (and make sure that SBOpkg also recognizes what I have already compiled) -> how do you do that?

You can save the packages in /tmp to installpkg them again later on another machine/rootfs.

Sbopkg compiles and update if the same program is already installed.

Moving my topic where it belongs. After the new SZ (1.72) now has a better WLAN performance, is there a way to get the driver into my older Slackware ( I guess 14.1.9 - uname says 3.2.65) because installing the new one and all the apps is too much work for me atm.

What happened when updating :

gslapt-get gave me an error and then opened the graphic manager

slapt-get update end upgrade seemed to do the job now I have kernel 3.2.67

but then I have problems even after 3 reboots

no more pnds starting so no USB or WIFI toggle - what can I do ?

there are scripts to start/stop USB and WIFI but I dont remember; how do I use them ?

For now I must use SZ to go in internet. What went wrong?

Edit : found in the wiki  - after depmod - a  all seems fine

Slackware is the best !

@ekianjo : see above  as root type depmod -a  and reboot to load the modules worked for me

Had problems with the new wifi driver , is very slow for me (1GHz) .Switched back to old which is better but for large files I use a stick.

I just installed Slackware and I find a bit slower opening applications than super zaxon is. Is that normal? I suppose that it is normal for apps that are loaded from nand in superzaxxon but I don't think there are many. Firefox for example loads faster.

Firefox will load in a lot of dynamic libs from the OS as it loads; perhaps you have a slow SD card?

FWIW, I've not noticed any great slow downs on running SZ from my Sandisk Extreme-summat SD cards versus running it from NAND, although it's a while since I've booted from NAND. I'm thinking of going back soon, and I'll check if loading firefox is any faster.

I have a class 10 SD card, which I think is of good quality. I'll try it out again.

Could someone with experience using Slackware explain me some advantages of using it? Anything apart from the software that is only available on SW?

Thanks.

I have a class 10 SD card, which I think is of good quality. I'll try it out again.

Could someone with experience using Slackware explain me some advantages of using it? Anything apart from the software that is only available on SW?

Thanks.
You know we have a search function right?

Anyway - The Pandora Wiki should give you all the infromation you require - Here's the Slackware page

Article coming soon on that topic on Pandoralive,

But the obvious answer fits in a few words: it's a full distro, nothing like SZ.

Thanks.
You know we have a search function right?

Anyway - The Pandora Wiki should give you all the infromation you require - Here's the Slackware page
I know about the search function, thanks. Do you know what "experience" means? Manuals do not contain any "user experience". And trust me, people uses things in ways far different from what it is explained on manuals.

Back