Slackware for Pandora 14.0

Haha! My Pandora now boots Slackware from my 16g-card! Excellent! Thank you!

Next step: Fun with USB-to-VGA adapters :D

Yes and no.

If a new Zaxxon is released, i may release a new build.

Basically, nothing will change much apart kernels (i'll provide a separate update in any case), and wifi script fix.

Nice to hear.

I have to get an other 128 GB SD-Card to finally update Slackware (and a crossover cable to test SOLEIL).

@ hmc:

Let me ask my favorite question: Any news about DisplayLink?

If not it's no problem. Some status update would be nice. :)

I planned to build awesome, but for some reason, it didn't compile.
Oh wow! That would be awesome!!! ... bad pun. Please don't let something like that stop you. Awesome would be an epic benefit to a Slackware Panda! I run it on my laptop in Deb, and absolutely love it, so many things that can be done. I haven't really played with many others besides the usual mainstream DE though. Would love to be able to stick with awesome

Thanks for all your effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
SL4P users, please read this about Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey updates:

http://pandorawiki.org/Software_projects/OS/Slackware#Firefox.2C_Thunderbird_and_SeaMonkey_updates

You should also add

mozilla-firefox
mozilla-thunderbird
seamonkey
seamonkey-solibs

in /etc/slackpkg/blacklist .

I'm currently rebuilding a new rootfs.

No need to reinstall if you already run the stable-1. I've just corrected wifi bug and added some minor stuff.

Of course, i'll also add the new updates, including firefox etc..

Last edited by a moderator:
merci, Linux-SWAT!

It is great to use Thunderbird on the pandora. Sadly the calendar "Lightning" extension is disabled. I can't think why. it should be compatible with thunderbird 17.0.2

seems as if there never will be a calendar at the pandora  ) :

I have my second big SD card now.

Wanted to install Slackware.

The SD has 4 partitions: ext4, swap, ext4, fat32.

(Never used ext4 before so I wanted to try it out this time)

The first one is named Slack.

I downloaded the 14-2 version of Slackware and unpackaged it as usual. Did the same thing last week wit ED's SD for press.

Now I start my Pandora with Slackware SD in left slot and it doesn't boot Slackware.

Installed it twice and reformatted the card before the second time but it didn't help.

ED's SD still has 14-1.

Did you check 14-2 to work properly?

I'll try out 14-1 and give you some report.

Or doesn't SL4P like ext4?

Insrtalling on ext2 at the moment.

Would be nice to test ext4 as well but if ext2 is the one that runs then I have to use ext2 ;)  .

Don't worry.

First finish your SOLEIL project and make the best out of it until the end of the competition.

Would there be some speed improvement with ext4?

Back