Release Return to Castle Wolfenstein

It works but I can't move up and down in the commands menu.

The mouse is too fast here, and i'd prefer the mouse vision with the left nub.
Hum, I will have to do something for this left/right nub config. It's not difficult to invert, but I have to find a "clever" way to do it without adding menu item or question at every launch.

Maybe some sort 1st launch wizard, using Zenity, that ask if want look on left or right nub?

Thank you very much! My favorite FPS. Does Enemy Territory use the same engine, so it could be possible, sone day in the future, to play ET on the Pandora?

Thank you very much! My favorite FPS. Does Enemy Territory use the same engine, so it could be possible, sone day in the future, to play ET on the Pandora?
I'm working on it. I tried the initial iDSoftware release, but the scons maketool is, hum.., I don't like it, and the liking phase doesn't goes well. Thousand of undefined reference of function that do exist. Weird. I'm trying ET:Legacy now, it use CMake and looks good.

Stay tuned...

I have disabled this application on the repo for now.

The reason for this is the appearance of nazi-symbols in the game, wherefore it is forbidden to distribute it in Germany (StGB §86). Since ED's server is located in Germany he might be in risk of a legal attack.

Just to be clear, I am no professional lawyer, so I have no idea whether this is fully applicable - I disabled the app to be on the safe side. If ED knows of this and there is no legal risk, feel free to enable the app again.

(Yeah, Germany is kinda touchy when it comes to nazi stuff)

Edit:

The apps in question are:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=rtcw_ptitseb

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=rtcw_demo_ptitseb

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I took care of taking neutral screenshot. And I added the legal warning on the Demo and the "full" version has no data inside.

But do as you have to of course.

Well, I took care of taking neutral screenshot. And I added the legal warning on the Demo and the "full" version has no data inside.
Screenshots don't matter, it's simply illegal to distribute media with "propaganda" content (meaning swastikas and stuff like that in this case) in Germany.

The "full" version might be okay, since the files located on EDs server indeed do not contain any of this (I am not sure, an expert on German law would have to check this), but the demo surely falls victim to the law linked in my last post.

For the record, there also is an altered German version of the game, which should not run into these problems. It might be worth considering distributing the demo with these altered data files.

(Though additionally any version of the game must not be made available to minors in Germany, which currently cannot be insured by the repo software...)

I am sorry about this, I have no intention to harm your efforts, just some precautions to avoid any legal backlash.

Maybe host it locally for a bit while the legallity is questioned?

If its only the engine but no game I can't see why it can't be hosted?

Screenshots don't matter, it's simply illegal to distribute media with "propaganda" content (meaning swastikas and stuff like that in this case) in Germany.

The "full" version might be okay, since the files located on EDs server indeed do not contain any of this (I am not sure, an expert on German law would have to check this), but the demo surely falls victim to the law linked in my last post.

For the record, there also is an altered German version of the game, which should not run into these problems. It might be worth considering distributing the demo with these altered data files.

(Though additionally any version of the game must not be made available to minors in Germany, which currently cannot be insured by the repo software...)

I am sorry about this, I have no intention to harm your efforts, just some precautions to avoid any legal backlash.
I searched this German Demo but didn't find it, I'm not even sure there was a German Demo. So I fallback to official demo with the legal warning inside. If someone can point me to a German Demo, I'll happily change the data.

I think only the Demo is questionable, the full game, containing no data, doesn't seems problematic.

(And I understand the reason, don't worry)

Bravo ptitSeb!

Would be really cool to see Enemy Territory. This winter/spring we played it at work at lunch time every day. Good memories.

Is there a way to enable cheats on the Port??
The Game works perfektly even on my Circuit Co Pandora
Great work ptitseb..
Im from Germany so my Version is a bit Diferent.. i fight against Heinrich Höller not Himmler..

I don't think you can find any "illegal" symbols in the binary version that comes without game data, what's the reason to disable that one?

I don't think you can find any "illegal" symbols in the binary version that comes without game data, what's the reason to disable that one?
The reasons are as stated in my last post: I am not a lawyer and would rather have an expert look into this before any problems arise.

For example, one could argue that the binary data invites and enables you to display the illegal images, which is not "easily" possible otherwise (since it's probably packed data).

Just give it a day until ED has looked into it, the PND might just be up again this evening...

Is there a way to enable cheats on the Port?? The Game works perfektly even on my Circuit Co Pandora Great work ptitseb.. Im from Germany so my Version is a bit Diferent.. i fight against Heinrich Höller not Himmler..
You don't have the Demo by any chance?

For cheat, it's the variable sv_cheats

so put it to "1" in the cfg or with the console (bring it with "~").

The reasons are as stated in my last post: I am not a lawyer and would rather have an expert look into this before any problems arise.

For example, one could argue that the binary data invites and enables you to display the illegal images, which is not "easily" possible otherwise (since it's probably packed data).
Well I have some experience with the symbol stuff. The game just displays the data. It works for the German (legal) and for the US (illegal) version. Or for mods and other stuff. The binary only release it completly legal. Like a flag without anything on it. You can paint it to show the Hakenkreuz, but you can also use it to show your support for your local soccer club.

rename Main to main, caps seem to matter.
Fantastic, thanks for the tip, I was having the same problem.
Doesn't fix it for me. Would one of you would is successfully running it do a tree or provide a file listing so I can compare it to mine. I would also appreciate if you would show your rtcwkey file. You can overwrite your key, I just want to see the format. The key on my CD is a combination of letters and numbers with dashes. The etkey file I looked at was all numbers.

Cool game, I hope the distribution issues get resolved soon.

Well I have some experience with the symbol stuff. The game just displays the data. It works for the German (legal) and for the US (illegal) version. Or for mods and other stuff. The binary only release it completly legal. Like a flag without anything on it. You can paint it to show the Hakenkreuz, but you can also use it to show your support for your local soccer club.
Yeah that's what I thought.

Still it's illegal in Germany to distribute the game to minors or even "advertise" it (which in a retail game shop means it's not even allowed to have the game lying around publically, adults have to come and specifically ask for it) - a public entry on the repo could be seen as such "advertisement". Does it also apply to the binaries? Would the repo need some kind of age verification to comply with this law?

Doesn't fix it for me. Would one of you would is successfully running it do a tree or provide a file listing so I can compare it to mine. I would also appreciate if you would show your rtcwkey file. You can overwrite your key, I just want to see the format. The key on my CD is a combination of letters and numbers with dashes. The etkey file I looked at was all numbers.
I copied over the entire "main" directory form a steam install (had to rename from "Main").  I doubt all of it is required (especially the x86.dlls and I'm assuming mp and sp refer to multiplayer vs single player), but a listing of what I have follows (note all file names are lowercase which may or may not matter):

* "scripts" folder 

'-->translation.cfg

* autoexec.cfg

* cgame_mp_x86.dll

* hunkusage.dat

* mp_bin.pk3

* mp_pak0.pk3 through mp_pak5.pk3

* mp_pakmaps0.pk3 through mp_pakmaps6.pk3

* pak0.pk3

* qagame_mp_x86.dll

* rtcwkey

* sp_pak1.pk3 through sp_pak4.pk3

* ui_mp_x86.dll

My rtcwkey file contain a 16 character alphanumeric key.  No symobls (dashes, etc.).  Steam is not giving my me a "show cd key option" like it does for most games, but I would guess they should be the same.

My directory listing in the spoiler... I could of deleted the .dll files.. but I'm lazy

Code:

trashy@localhost rtcw$ pwd
/media/thirtytwo/pandora/appdata/rtcw
trashy@localhost rtcw$ ls
home  main  rtcw.txt
trashy@localhost rtcw$ cd main/
trashy@localhost main$ ls -l
total 768038
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy        12 Aug 10 12:41 autoexec.cfg
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy    589824 Aug 10 12:41 cgame_mp_x86.dll
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy       812 Aug 10 12:41 hunkusage.dat
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy    760207 Aug 10 12:41 mp_bin.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy  63211149 Aug 10 12:42 mp_pak0.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy   4449596 Aug 10 12:42 mp_pak1.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy      1118 Aug 10 12:42 mp_pak2.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy    159762 Aug 10 12:41 mp_pak3.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy      7799 Aug 10 12:42 mp_pak4.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy    167075 Aug 10 12:41 mp_pak5.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy   3485134 Aug 10 12:42 mp_pakmaps0.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy   3765933 Aug 10 12:42 mp_pakmaps1.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy   7408542 Aug 10 12:42 mp_pakmaps2.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy  10780146 Aug 10 12:42 mp_pakmaps3.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy  24171802 Aug 10 12:42 mp_pakmaps4.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy  20024689 Aug 10 12:42 mp_pakmaps5.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy  10080181 Aug 10 12:42 mp_pakmaps6.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy 315823656 Aug 10 12:44 pak0.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy    700416 Aug 10 12:44 qagame_mp_x86.dll
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy        22 Aug 10 12:50 rtcwkey
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy        71 Aug  2 22:49 rtcw.txt
drwx------ 1 trashy trashy         0 Aug 10 12:53 scripts
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy 293887431 Aug 10 12:45 sp_pak1.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy  11026123 Aug 10 12:45 sp_pak2.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy    152544 Aug 10 12:45 sp_pak3.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy  15532040 Aug 10 12:45 sp_pak4.pk3
-rw------- 1 trashy trashy    245760 Aug 10 12:45 ui_mp_x86.dll

I ditnt have the Demo, i bought the German fullversion a lot yeahr ago..
I dont find the cfg File where the sv_cheats Parameter is set to 0
I have put the whole main folder in the rtcw folder on Appdata. .
Maybe this isnt bad, so i have to train my shooterskills a lot
And so it is more fun because its a bit more divicult. .

Back