Rest Of Cases?

You guys should just let it go. It seems he put his foot in his mouth, and is now trying desperately to justify/explain why he is licking his own toes. (in the face of completely logical counter arguments/examples).

Also, people use the same general term for most continents... Africa, Asia, etc. Hell, I like when people use the term "Central America"... wtf is that? It's not a continent, it's not a country.

Edit: @ DroneB Dev - I think when comparing two places with comparable infrastructure, roads, etc... it is a completely valid way to compare distances in a way easy for the mind to grasp. Your example of the rainforest is invalid, since it is a completely different scenario. They were using rough determinations of distance, not precise scientific measurements. If you want to get technical:

Area:
USA: 9,629,091 sq km
Europe: 10,180,000 sq km

So yes, Europe *is* bigger... by a whopping 5%.

i cant believe people are calculating the size of a place by the time it requires to go side by side thru car.

i guess the amazonas rain forest must be huge since it takes hell of a long time to drive thru.

How about Fairbanks Alaska to Miami Florida?

Europe IS bigger, however it is more geographically centered and easier to traverse.

That's my point, I've lived in Europe for a year and a half and have been to many cities and countries.

There are no California/Alaska/Texas equivalents in the EU.

Now where's my Pandora?

Peace & delusions,

Link

EDIT: It seems like a good bit of the geographic area taking up 1/2 of Europe's space is H2O as well. Where water is 6% of the US.

Mjlink said:
How about Fairbanks Alaska to Miami Florida?

Europe IS bigger, however it is more geographically centered and easier to traverse.

That's my point, I've lived in Europe for a year and a half and have been to many cities and countries.

There are no California/Alaska/Texas equivalents in the EU.

Now where's my Pandora?

Peace & delusions,

Link
Depends if you're talking about Europe, the continent, or European Union :p
European Union has a smaller surface than USA.
But France has some territories on South American continent (French Guiana) so it should be quite longer to go from Guiana(France) to Paris(France) than Fairbanks to Miami. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mjlink said:
WizardStan said:
x68000 said:
That is exactly my point. The USA is a country, Europe is a continent!!!
The USA and Europe are roughly the same size though. If you expect Americans to pin down the country(ies) they're visiting in Europe, why shouldn't Europeans also be expected to pin down the state(s) they'll be visiting in the US?
I want what you're smoking. It doesn't take 3 days to drive anywhere in Europe. Try driving from San Diego to Boston, then Madrid or Rome to Oslo or Amsterdam to Budapest.
Same size? It takes almost a full day to drive from Crescent City California to San Diego.

Come on, People! This is the INTERNET!

We have better access to information than ever before! There is no excuse for ignorance!

Area of Europe : 10M km[sup]2[/sup]
Area of USA : 9.8M km[sup]2[/sup]

Driving Time from New York to San Fransisco : 46 hours
Driving Time from Lisbon to Istanbul : 44 Hours

If you're comparing just the shear size of the geography, then they're pretty much comparable. (Europe has nearly double the population density of USA, however, In part because the American mid-west is mostly empty.)

BackAssward said:
You guys should just let it go. It seems he put his foot in his mouth, and is now trying desperately to justify/explain why he is licking his own toes. (in the face of completely logical counter arguments/examples).

Also, people use the same general term for most continents... Africa, Asia, etc. Hell, I like when people use the term "Central America"... wtf is that? It's not a continent, it's not a country.

Edit: @ DroneB Dev - I think when comparing two places with comparable infrastructure, roads, etc... it is a completely valid way to compare distances in a way easy for the mind to grasp. Your example of the rainforest is invalid, since it is a completely different scenario. They were using rough determinations of distance, not precise scientific measurements. If you want to get technical:

Area:
USA: 9,629,091 sq km
Europe: 10,180,000 sq km

So yes, Europe *is* bigger... by a whopping 5%.

i find it unvalid, since depending of the terrain, driving by can be easy on a flat Savannah, and saying it is smaller because it takes more time to travel thru a mountain. thats just nonsense.

VRAndy said:

We have better access to information than ever before! There is no excuse for ignorance!

If you're comparing just the shear size of the geography, ...
"sheer".

VRAndy said:
because the American mid-west is mostly empty.)

I think you meant the west, not the midwest.
us-population-map.gif

us-map-by-region.gif

Multiplex said:
VRAndy said:

If you're comparing just the shear size of the geography, ...
"sheer".

Even the power of the INTERNET cannot fix my spelling. (You should have seen it before spell-check!)

MonkeyChops said:
I think you meant the west, not the midwest.
Yes. That is exactly what I meant. I get those two mixed up. But In my defense, I've been to the midwest, and it sure seemed empty to me. Unless you count the corn.

By the way, I had a hilarious gag lined up where I would try to defend my spelling by comparing the size of "shears" sold at Home Depot to those sold at B&Q. Unfortunately, B&Q dot com doesn't list dimensions for their tools. So I guess I was wrong. They're not comparable.

Probably, it's for the best.

Good job with creating a mess x68000, can we please stick to topic. I said Europe, because I am going to more then ONE country within that continent on a road trip type vacation while also visiting family. Now back to topic, I understand the OP team is busy getting the first 1000 ready and it is a really hectic time, but they could atleast drop us a word on if the rest of the cases/parts have been ordered/produced yet.

I wonder, if OPT gave order for some extra cases with different colours. ^^
We've seen the Ash-grey and the pink coloured Cases. I can imagine that the Case Factory can do other colours so I really recommend some super rare Pandoras in GOLD Colour. :)
Only 3 or so. Never seen a gold painted Console or Handheld, could be very unique. I've seen a real golden DeLorean by the way. B)

Gold-D.jpg

Attachments

• Gold-D.jpg
    Gold-D.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 93
SomeGuy99 said:
fusion_power said:
Gold Delorean

I posted that picture here two days ago. Great Scott!
Really? Wow. Where did you posted it? I don't read every thread in this forum so I swear I didn't copy your Idea. :blink:
2 Minds, 1 thought, maybe a time Paradoxon or a sign? ^^"

fusion_power said:
SomeGuy99 said:
fusion_power said:
Gold Delorean

I posted that picture here two days ago. Great Scott!
Really? Wow. Where did you posted it? I don't read every thread in this forum so I swear I didn't copy your Idea. :blink:
2 Minds, 1 thought, maybe a time Paradoxon or a sign? ^^"

I think it's an anomaly in the space time continuum, yeah.

blackboard.jpg

From the "Current Status" page:
Case production: 1000 cases already in UK, rest will be produced soon.
Sounds like they've at least told the factory to go ahead.

Aninhumer said:
Yes, but the problem is this "soon" in relation to the Case Factory. :lol:

fusion_power said:
Aninhumer said:
Yes, but the problem is this "soon" in relation to the Case Factory. :lol:
and the "sounds like" in relation to anything Craig says :p

Back