The Chinese Schedule?

Azure said:
Crunchwrap said:
Maybe what I'm reading is out of context, but from what it looks like they will be delivered to England on time but Craig won't get them until the next day.
Maybe I misinterpreted it, but I thought he meant that the courier won't pick them up from China until the 23rd (and that the Chinese mould company are saying that they will have the goods finished before the 23rd, so they will simply be waiting until the 23rd for the courier to drop by and pick up the shipment).

I'm sure you have interpreted it 100% correctly.
The original pickup date was 18th, now it has been pushed to pickup of 23rd..

They could have had a shipper arrive to pickup a pallet ANY TIME! You can arrange for DHL Express to be at your factory (DHL is in China) and they will arrive that day, or the next day.

Phawx said:
the target build date is still April 1st, no?

We have heard nothing about the boards, screen, keymats (should be with cases).

We have heard nothing about board population or if any have been sent.

I do hope that OP are hiding a few little secrets from us... Like maybe they already have a few hundred boards.. I doubt it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Ed is due for another good blog update! This sunday will put us at 22nd, depending on your time zone, so maybe sunday night Ed can give us the low down on all things assembly related.

I'm sure even though the cases are a few days behind(No suprise to anyone), other items should be at assembly central and getting ready to go!

Chris

Azure said:
craigix said:
Why aren't you all amazed that they are going to meet the 22nd March deadline?

craigix said:
The courier isn't picking them up until the 23rd, but they say they will be ready and waiting.

Because we know better. Why don't you?

Firstly, as far as I know they will meet the March 22nd deadline.

And why don't I have a PM from you? You have already made it clear the case is unacceptable to you anyway, so why stay here trolling?

craigix said:
Azure said:
craigix said:

craigix said:
The courier isn't picking them up until the 23rd, but they say they will be ready and waiting.

And why don't I have a PM from you? You have already made it clear the case is unacceptable to you anyway, so why stay here trolling?
:lol:

craigix said:
Azure said:
craigix said:

craigix said:

What? You said:

craigix said:

How can they meet 22nd delivery date when pickup is not until 23rd? I'm lost with that one....

Gruso said:
No word on that yet. Maybe it was full of order numbers.
Pure awesomeness! :)

At teh beginninng of March I though I couldn't hold the tension till the 22nd.
Now I am _surprised_ that it is only two days away. As long as the boxes wCraig has spoken of contain 500 or 1k boards and he personally starts assembling some until the April 1st, I am happy man.

Here is a song to make you all happy too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By-bLIKzL70

kingoddball said:
How can they meet 22nd delivery date when pickup is not until 23rd? I'm lost with that one....

They will probably be in england at the 22:nd but not at Craig's secret dungeon assembly place. And since he can't carry all the boxes himself he has secured a transport by hiring a chariot with armed guards. Or am I reading to much into it?

Mate, ASSEMBLY is just a word.
I was told that I should "most likely" have my Pandora mid November '09. Many others, too.

Chill is a good word - Just hard. He did not care to explain what was mean.. Just leaving us to assume.

Yep - Assumptions are the mother of all F**K ups...

kingoddball said:
Nohow. IIRC 22nd was deadline for moulding and finishing finish. It was done and awaiting for pick-up for transport. :)

peca said:
kingoddball said:
Nohow. IIRC 22nd was deadline for moulding and finishing finish. It was done and awaiting for pick-up for transport. :)

I'm sure they said the will ARRIVE in UK on the 22nd.

I will try and see if I can find post.

Edit: This is from OP Blog
March 18th: Production of 1000 cases is finished and will be shipped to UK.
March 22nd: 1000 cases will arrive in UK and will be inspected. If all is well, the next 3000 will go into production.
March 22th - March 26th: 500 populated and tested boards and all parts will be shipped to UK.
Approx. April 1st: Assembly will start.

kingoddball said:
peca said:
kingoddball said:

I'm sure they said the will ARRIVE in UK on the 22nd.

I will try and see if I can find post.

Edit: This is from OP Blog
March 18th: Production of 1000 cases is finished and will be shipped to UK.
March 22nd: 1000 cases will arrive in UK and will be inspected. If all is well, the next 3000 will go into production.
March 22th - March 26th: 500 populated and tested boards and all parts will be shipped to UK.
Approx. April 1st: Assembly will start.

Somehow I don't imagine the cases arriving on Monday. We've not even had any word that they've finished making them.
Give it another couple of weeks to a month imo.

Back