Cases? Tv-Out Cable?

Cyberbug

Still Fresh
Any new of the cases?

Or shell I say why the silence tell us what is happening with the rest of the case developments... Come on OPD team why ignore the rest of the 3000 first batch customers?

Any one know if the Tv-Out cables are shipping with the first 1000 OPs?

The cases are shipping to customers that ordered them, they may require some extra stretching to get a good fit since they are initially pretty snug. Craigix posted this some days ago, I can't be bothered to search for it.

The TV out cables are being held hostage by the company that manufactured them. It appears they are demanding all the money up front. OPLtd. doesn't have the liquid assets to liberate them at this time, but they should soon and those that ordered them will have them delivered in due course. Evil Dragon posted on this some days ago...

Cyberbug said:
Any new of the cases?

Or shell I say why the silence tell us what is happening with the rest of the case developments... Come on OPD team why ignore the rest of the 3000 first batch customers?

Any one know if the Tv-Out cables are shipping with the first 1000 OPs?

Not got time to find quotes at the moment (probably in quotes thread)

They've got some decisions to make next week, like if to start batch two straight after batch one with no delay etc.

They've said that their going to order Batch 1 cases next week, as they want to make sure that the ones people have are 'solid' not my words theirs. And no don't ask me what that actually means, but the upshot is lot's happening next week.

TV-Out cable not shipping yet, only 500 was ordered, and the factory wants them to Pay for 10,000. So that will be sorted at a later date.

Edit :ph34r:

Although it depends on which cases you meant, anyway you got answer for both types ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I am 1000+ and with the Chinese fuctories track history I am hoping to hear about rest of the cases that they have been ordered and when they will be finished and shipped that way I will at-least get the OP in 2 months.

At the time of my order I was told by OPD team that I will get my OP last April .... lol

Cyberbug said:
Chinese fuctories
Nice typo :)

Craig mentioned he will order the remainder of the cases next week. We don't know when they will be finished, so it's safe to assume it will take two months.

Caine said:
Cyberbug said:
Chinese fuctories
Nice typo :)

Craig mentioned he will order the remainder of the cases next week. We don't know when they will be finished, so it's safe to assume it will take two months.

:) no doubt cases are being made by the C-Fuctory :) lol every one agrees on it.

yeap 2 months is what I tell my self every day ;)

mindlord said:
The TV out cables are being held hostage by the company that manufactured them. It appears they are demanding all the money up front. OPLtd. doesn't have the liquid assets to liberate them at this time, but they should soon and those that ordered them will have them delivered in due course. Evil Dragon posted on this some days ago...

Its probably not all that soon. They really won't be getting any more money in until they start taking orders on the second batch except for the occasional accessory order. Also the tv-out scripts haven't been finished yet and they have a low priority assigned to them in the bug list.

ah, thanks gruso, Mine might actually come with my Pandora then. Good news. Guess someone should take up the tv-out scripts in a hurry. :)

No, I should just read more carefully. I feel like I'm losing my mind lately, to much work I guess. Anyways, thanks for the great info as always Gruso.

Ordering next week, let's just hope Murphy is on his holiday's for a while. ;)

MonkeyChops said:
mindlord said:

Its probably not all that soon. They really won't be getting any more money in until they start taking orders on the second batch except for the occasional accessory order. Also the tv-out scripts haven't been finished yet and they have a low priority assigned to them in the bug list.

bugger one of my main uses of pandora will involve tv-out, looks like will be hanging onto my trusty gp2x for a while then! :(

Been a week - Wednesday came and gone

Any news of rest of the cases - I guess they are too busy building the first 1000 to be bothered with rest of the orders.

MonkeyChops said:
mindlord said:

Yeah, since I have the basic scripts working and only need to put them into a Zenity selector - takes a few hours, so for me, it's low priority until the TV Out cables shipped.
It's not really the money (though of course, we don't spend it like hell to run out of it :)), it's more that since the earthquake the company wants a minimum order of 10.000.
And that order number at once would make a lot of money. Once we negotiate them down, we can start.

Last edited:
Is the TV-Out chip used in the Dingoo some chip made by some company which sold the chip for other devices? If it is, couldn't we just buy TV-Out cables made for other devices that use the same TV-Out chip? (i.e., the Dingoo has some chrontel chip in it for TV-Out, so some TV-Out cable made for such devices would probably work with the Dingoo)

EvilDragon said:
MonkeyChops said:
mindlord said:

Yeah, since I have the basic scripts working and only need to put them into a Zenity selector - takes a few hours, so for me, it's low priority until the TV Out cables shipped.
It's not really the money (though of course, we don't spend it like hell to run out of it :) ), it's more that since the earthquake the company wants a minimum order of 10.000.
And that order number at once would make a lot of money. Once we negotiate them down, we can start.
fair enough, it was just a little speculation on my part, cheers for the clarification. :)

@quadomatic: its the actual connector that would be different. iirc, you theoretically could buy the connector (from 3rd party) and wire your own tv out cable. This was talked about before.

[edit]
useful link about the connector

I am sorry may be I missed this but it still isn't clear to me.

Where are the rest of the Cases going into production?

quadomatic said:
Is the TV-Out chip used in the Dingoo some chip made by some company which sold the chip for other devices? If it is, couldn't we just buy TV-Out cables made for other devices that use the same TV-Out chip? (i.e., the Dingoo has some chrontel chip in it for TV-Out, so some TV-Out cable made for such devices would probably work with the Dingoo)
The TV out is built into the OMAP, and exposed on the EXT connector at the back. We need these plugs to get the TV out. They're an off the shelf part, you can buy them from a few different places online, but all the ones I've found have minimum order volumes that I'm not personally willing to accept. If these TV cables take too long, maybe OPT can just sell the plugs a little sooner to the hackers that are interested (nudge nudge, wink wink)

EvilDragon said:
MonkeyChops said:
mindlord said:

It's not really the money (though of course, we don't spend it like hell to run out of it :) ), it's more that since the earthquake the company wants a minimum order of 10.000.

Craig has responded to this 10,000 order minimum claim by saying OP can order any reasonable amount - like 1000+:

craigix said:
matzesu said:
I tought there was an diverent issue: the min order for OP is 10.000 but only 400 Customers has ordered tv cables from OP, and it would be too expensive 10000 cables to buy when OP needs only 400 for the Customers..

They will make any number (well, within reason, like 1000+). The problem is the parts come from Chilie and an earthquake wrecked the supply line.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53859-earthquake-in-south-america/page__view__findpost__p__863370

Back