Rest Of Cases?

Nik1

Still Fresh
I realize 1000 cases have been shipped and received, which is great news but sadly :( there are many of us not in the first 1000 to be built. I just wanted to know what the status is for the rest of the cases and if they are in production/shipping phase yet. Thanks.

Just waiting for MWeston to arrive and give the OK that all 1000 cases are of the quality they're looking for, I think. So sometime tomorrow they'll tell the Chinese factory to produce the rest, and two months after that the Chinese factory will consider starting to look into finishing the remaining cases. Maybe. :p
In seriousness, they're probably eager to get OPT out of their hair, so once the go ahead is done, it'll probably only be 2 or 3 weeks to complete the rest of them.

Nik1 said:
I realize 1000 cases have been shipped and received, which is great news but sadly :( there are many of us not in the first 1000 to be built. I just wanted to know what the status is for the rest of the cases and if they are in production/shipping phase yet. Thanks.
Yeah wizardstans right.M weston will check them,though apparently hes already quite happy with them.
the go ahead for the other 9000 cases will be given to the factory then.I am somewhere in the late 3000,s so am eager too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I agree, just give the team a few days, and I'm sure by this weekend, they will give a report on how current assembly is going and how long it should take for the remaining cases to arrive. I'm sure they will try and get as many as possible in the shortest amount of time so they don't have to stop assembly to wait on more cases.

Just wait until monday, I'm sure we will know more by then.

Chris

wrath of khan said:
Nik1 said:
Yeah wizardstans right.M weston will check them,though apparently hes already quite happy with them.
the go ahead for the other 9000 cases will be given to the factory then.I am somewhere in the late 3000,s so am eager too.
I think the point is he was happy with the samples, but these are from a mass produced run. Everyone expects them to be the same, but always better to be safe. If one person is tasked with giving the thumbs up, then he is the one who gives it. The whole "roles & responsibilities"thing.

As has been said we're waiting on MWeston's verdict. He was quite impressed by the samples of the painted mass-produced cases though. I was reassured by Craig's further tweet that the quality is the best and he's happy with them. The incentive that the Chinese company haven't been paid for the remaining 9000 will be a good one. I think it's going to be shipping and painting that takes up the significant amount of time, not producing them but what do I know.

BackAssward said:
wrath of khan said:
Nik1 said:
I think the point is he was happy with the samples, but these are from a mass produced run. Everyone expects them to be the same, but always better to be safe. If one person is tasked with giving the thumbs up, then he is the one who gives it. The whole "roles & responsibilities"thing.
sure its best to be safe.I just remember craig said something about michael liking them.And craig assembled a pandora with one of the cases.
But all will be revealed when m weston arrives.

Hope MWeston likes them! Im going to Europe on vacation June 22nd hope it can arrive by then, but I highly doubt it :(

Tbh, this is the part that worries me the most, the whole waiting on the rest of the 9000. :(

I ordered in early Sept. of last year, so I haven't been waiting nearly as long as a good number of you folks, but I've been around long enough to see that delays almost seem inevitable with this project. I hope the factory can pump out the rest of the cases quickly, and at the quality they've already produced. Would be nice if they could ship out the other 3000 cases for the 4000 ASAP, then ship the rest later.

I was wondering about this very topic myself. I was hoping Criagix would have given the go ahead but it does make more sense for MWeston to approve them in person. I suspect he'll want to build a few from various boxes just to make sure. Before the week-end suits my blood pressure. I see these last 3000 cases (sod the others for now) are the only major issue between me and my Pandora and I do not want them to upset the pace of production.

Seeing how no problems have been found and MWeston likes the cases I dont see why they cant tell the chineese to make and ship the rest of the cases ASAP, the longer they wait the longer the whole process is gonna be shoved along.

Don't worry. After the 1st 1000 ship - I'm sure there will be 1 or 2 on ebay!

borgqueenx said:
kingoddball said:
Don't worry. After the 1st 1000 ship - I'm sure there will be 1 or 2 on ebay!
for only twice the price.

I can assure you that it will go out for twice times twice the price.

Does that sentence even make sense? :lol:

im also worried that i wont have my pandora in summer holidays again....last summer holidays i said desame, but we where all pretty much sure it wouldnt be long anymore after the 2009 summer holidays...
and after all, whats 365 days? thats nothing!

Wootson said:
I can assure you that it will go out for twice times twice the price.

Does that sentence even make sense? :lol:

I can think of two possible interpretations,

"I can assure you that it will go out for twice [the price] times twice the price."

(2 * price) * (2 * price) = 4 * price^2 = 4 * $330^2 = $435,600

or

"I can assure you that it will go out for twice (twice the price)."

2 * (2 * price) = 4 * price = $1312

I'm assuming the latter is correct and what most people will read.

My only worry is that it will be left sticking out the mailbox with nobody home if it arrives mid summer :/

Nik1 said:
Hope MWeston likes them! Im going to Europe on vacation June 22nd hope it can arrive by then, but I highly doubt it :(
Where in the world is this country called Europe?

^ That's the official theme song of the Pandora assembly process, now.

Back