Rest Of Cases?

kingoddball said:
Has OP finally given word to create the rest of the cases??
If this set are going ok, just give the word..

Seems the best step to me..

I think the best thing we can do right now is assume that the word has already been given.

The OpenPandora team have been assembling for nearly two days and have started confirming shipment of the first units, which obviously means that they are happy with the cases they got.

The team are more aware than anyone else of the need for the rest of the cases, so I say let them be. They will provide updates when they have time.

Last edited by a moderator:
may88 said:
Sander Hoksbergen said:
To all people who think this is a real map (and I bet there are), this is how some Americans (for example) see the world :)

This is how most Americans (USA) see the world.

I don't get it. Are you trying to say most Americans do see the world properly? Or are you referring to how Europe/Africa/Asia isn't on the map :p?

Sander Hoksbergen said:
may88 said:
Sander Hoksbergen said:
To all people who think this is a real map (and I bet there are), this is how some Americans (for example) see the world :)

This is how most Americans (USA) see the world.

I don't get it. Are you trying to say most Americans do see the world properly? Or are you referring to how Europe/Africa/Asia isn't on the map :p ?
both.

x68000 said:
No offense intended, but lots of people on the other side of the Atlantic seem to think that 'Europe' is just one big country like the U.S.A and places such as Rome, London, Madrid, Paris etc are just cities within 'Europe' :unsure:

so if i say im going to the USA of united Kingdom, i have to go to each of the city listed in the sovereign of the place???

cmon!, if i say im going to europe for a trip im just placing the limit of where im going to go,
reducing to ZERO the probability of ending up in australia or asia (ok maybe some still cant differentiate europe and occidental asia).

if i say im going to latin america it doesnt directly imply someone is going right directly to the amazonas rain forest!.

x68000 said:
No offense intended, but lots of people on the other side of the Atlantic seem to think that 'Europe' is just one big country like the U.S.A and places such as Rome, London, Madrid, Paris etc are just cities within 'Europe' :unsure:
To be fair, I've known Europeans to say they're going to the USA for their vacation, too. What, all of it?

peca said:
Yeah! Prague, Prague, It's place somewhere in Vienna, isn't it? ;-)

Hmm. I'm trying to read that quote in the context of the posts around it. Are you insinuating that Prague is a country in its own right?

Pleng: It was my try to make a joke. It is taken from one film (parody) in which "Nick Carter" (an fictional American detective) get job at Prague (Czech capital city) and say exactly this ("Prague..., It's some place in Vienna."), then find some fact about it in encyclopaedia and correct his words: "Nearly." :) I guess that it is allusion to our history (Czech was part of Hapsburg's monarchy Austria-Hungary up to 1918).

Actually it was bad try, because it was Czech film "Adéla ještě nevečeřela" and I doubt that somebody outside Czech see it. :-/

WizardStan said:
x68000 said:
To be fair, I've known Europeans to say they're going to the USA for their vacation, too. What, all of it?
That is exactly my point. The USA is a country, Europe is a continent!!!

Must admit I'm more curious about the rest of the boards and cases than I am about perceived geography right now. Any news about the cases and boards???

x68000 said:

That's not really true. If you think about it, it's mostly because Europe is a large land mass...that doesn't mean people don't understand the differences between countries.

The other reason Americans speak like that is probably because when they go to visit some country in Europe, they go to many other countries as well. If they ever tell other people back at home that they traveled to Europe, it's easier to say they traveled to Europe and the cities they went to, rather than list all of the countries. The cities generally resonate more. Everyone knows where Rome (Italy), London (UK), Madrid (Spain), Paris (France) are...it's too obvious to have to say out loud.

I won't lie - there are probably a few countries in Europe that I won't be able to point to...definitely not a geography wiz. But we ALL have our problems. I might not be able to point to all countries in Europe, but a lot of you like to make absurd generalizations about Americans that probably aren't true.

Seems like from 2000 to 2008, others would make claims that our government reflected the beliefs of ALL people in America. Then the constant claims about weight...I'm pretty sure obesity has been on the rise in the vast majority of Europe as well.

^ We get info about cases soon. I guess that MWeston want expect them all 1000 before get green-light for the rest. MWeston is in UK, MFK too and ED arrive in 2 days. So we get some info at the latest Monday. I hope :)

quadomatic said:
x68000 said:

That's not really true. If you think about it, it's mostly because Europe is a large land mass...that doesn't mean people don't understand the differences between countries.

The other reason Americans speak like that is probably because when they go to visit some country in Europe, they go to many other countries as well. If they ever tell other people back at home that they traveled to Europe, it's easier to say they traveled to Europe and the cities they went to, rather than list all of the countries. The cities generally resonate more. Everyone knows where Rome (Italy), London (UK), Madrid (Spain), Paris (France) are...it's too obvious to have to say out loud.

I won't lie - there are probably a few countries in Europe that I won't be able to point to...definitely not a geography wiz. But we ALL have our problems. I might not be able to point to all countries in Europe, but a lot of you like to make absurd generalizations about Americans that probably aren't true.

Seems like from 2000 to 2008, others would make claims that our government reflected the beliefs of ALL people in America. Then the constant claims about weight...I'm pretty sure obesity has been on the rise in the vast majority of Europe as well.
I think that obesity in the UK is second only to the US now in the western world!

Once i find out which country McDonalds comes from i'll know who to blame :rolleyes:

x68000 said:
quadomatic said:
x68000 said:

I think that obesity in the UK is second only to the US now in the western world!

Once i find out which country McDonalds comes from i'll know who to blame :rolleyes:

:lol:...I used to work at McDonalds. Worked there for a year. Saw some nasty things there...mostly customers.

Hey, nobody made you eat it!

x68000 said:
The USA and Europe are roughly the same size though. If you expect Americans to pin down the country(ies) they're visiting in Europe, why shouldn't Europeans also be expected to pin down the state(s) they'll be visiting in the US?

x68000 said:
WizardStan said:
x68000 said:

Nonsense. In the context in which you originally complained *, "Europe" was simply being used as a location. "USA" is also a location with approximately the same degree of non-specificity!

It's entirely reasonable to say "I'm going to [continent]", especially if your travels will involve more than one nation on that continent.

Vacations to USA typically only include one nation, but if you were traveling to USA, Canada, Mexico and Panama, you wouldn't be tempted to shorten that to "North America" in casual conversation? You'd probably be a bit miffed if such an abbreviation was used (jokingly, of course) as evidence of your ignorance, and the ignorance of your entire nation.

The difference lies in both culture and scale. If somebody is travelling around several countries in a Continent, naming the continent makes sense. If to one country, it makes less sense.The USA is much more historically united than Europe and it is ever so slightly wrong to visit one country and say you went to the continent.

And as I am likely to be towards 4000 on the list, some info on "the rest" of both the cases and the boards would be nice.

WizardStan said:
x68000 said:
The USA and Europe are roughly the same size though. If you expect Americans to pin down the country(ies) they're visiting in Europe, why shouldn't Europeans also be expected to pin down the state(s) they'll be visiting in the US?
I want what you're smoking. It doesn't take 3 days to drive anywhere in Europe. Try driving from San Diego to Boston, then Madrid or Rome to Oslo or Amsterdam to Budapest.
Same size? It takes almost a full day to drive from Crescent City California to San Diego.

And you can see Russia from Alaska!

Peace & cannabis,

Link

Mjlink said:
WizardStan said:
x68000 said:
I want what you're smoking.

Take a look at a map - he is right..

x68000 said:
WizardStan said:
x68000 said:

so you are saying that if i say
"im traveling to the far east"
is a very huge big mistake because it is not even a country or a continent?

Mjlink said:
I want what you're smoking. It doesn't take 3 days to drive anywhere in Europe. Try driving from San Diego to Boston, then Madrid or Rome to Oslo or Amsterdam to Budapest.
According to Google, it takes about 48 hours to drive from San Diego to Boston, and 44 hours to drive from Portugal to Estonia. 40 hours from Athens to Manchester. Seems about the same to me. A little more going coast-to-coast in the USA, making it a bit bigger by that metric, but still pretty close.

Back