Release [Repo] UAE4ALL 2.5.1.0

Nice work on the last few versions - compatibility seems to have increased and the save states work now.

Is is just me, or does the virtual keyboard not work?  I tried bringing it up using the L + k as per the documentation, but nothing happens.

The virtual keyboard was removed some versions before. What keys are you missing on the Pandora keyboard?

Cursor Up is needed to pick up items in Hunter, and there was a key I needed in Cyercon III that I couldn't use...can't recall off-hand.  Sorry, didn't realize the virtual keyboard had been removed.

Cursor keys are available via right shoulder+dpad. Other keys can be mapped with custom control settings.

TomB: Hi there...   

I should of posted this a while ago.. but just not got round to it... 

If you save and loadstate too often it closes the emulator.  For instance.. I`m playing Zeewolf ( hard level ) so alot of die/load state/die etc...

Every so often I click on load state and bosh.. back to desktop.

thanks

If you save and loadstate too often it closes the emulator.  
I also noticed this issue but this occurs only when utilizing AGA chipset configuration. With a standard Amiga configuration (A500 with 1mb) i never had any problems with savestates.

Hi Tom, if you're going to be testing the current version, can you check and verify if my graphical issue with Worms DC is occurring with you too? I've detailed it before so I won't say much about it, save that moving the aiming cursor causes graphical glitches when it meets the landscape? Thanks as ever for all your hard work on this!

@TomB: please can you fix in next release Prince of Persia (runs far too slow, basically unplayable), Lionheart (freezes during first boss fight if you try to jump, i have to use the skip level cheat to complete the game), Alien 3 and Golden Axe (both play too fast).

Fantastic update TomB :) again, many thanks for supporting this.

I shall give Zeewolf a try out :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@TomB: please can you fix in next release Prince of Persia (runs far too slow, basically unplayable), Lionheart (freezes during first boss fight if you try to jump, i have to use the skip level cheat to complete the game), Alien 3 and Golden Axe (both play too fast).
Prince of Persia: I think we need cycle-exact cpu emulation for this.

Lionheart: I have no problems to jump during fight with the first boss.

Alien 3: Select 60Hz refresh rate in Display/Sound tab. This game requires NTSC timing.

Golden Axe: Can't find a disk image for this game. Perhaps also NTSC timing?

TomB: Hi... I`ve had a play... 

The only thing I can find thats an issue/changed is ..

In Zeewolf, when you select your weapons ( using right trigger and up and down ) if you do this up and or down a few times... it guru meditations... this never used to happen.. Just thought i`d mention it..

Keep up the good work

TomB, please re-enable screen blanking after quitting UAE4ALL.

What?

=====

UAE4ALL seems to disable the screen blanking system setting but does not re-activate after exit.

To my experience, that's also true for "Pandora System Info" by greate mate _wb_. But after exiting "Pandora System Info", screen blanking is restored, as if it was switched on in system setting as normal.

Suggestion

=========

On start of UAE4ALL, ask for the state of screen blanking. If it is active, reactivate it on quitting UAE4ALL

Wish

====

Mate, UAE4ALL on my beloved pandora is probably the most incompatible Amiga Emulator I come across. Probably nothing you can do much about. Even 1 to 1 bit exact copies don't work - they fail on copy protection. So many great games do not work in spite of the fact the processing power of Ghz pandora seems very well to be good enough. It's a lack of code quality.

Don't get me wrong. I truly appreciate your effort on UAE4ALL. But man, would it be great to run the games from the past on pandora. And actually play it.

Thank you.

GOGO: ??? What games are you trying?  pretty much all the games I`ve tried, OCS, ECS and AGA work good..

What on earth are you trying to run on it that fail on copy protection???  that surely can`t be an issue with the emulator. 

:crazy_eyes

Back