Release REICAST - Dreamcast Emulator

Just tried it out. Definitely seems faster. The joystick doesn't seem to be working quite right in Sonic Adventure. It is almost as if at a certain point holding at max in one direction, position drifts to zero so the character stops moving. Any chance this is related to the switch to SDL2?

The joystick doesn't seem to be working quite right in Sonic Adventure. It is almost as if at a certain point holding at max in one direction, position drifts to zero so the character stops moving. Any chance this is related to the switch to SDL2?

Yes, unfortunatly. I'll have to check that.

Well that test release is quite exciting nonetheless. It was somewhat difficult to tell with the character not having consistent movement, but it definitely seems to be running faster, and the smooth music (no stuttering! yes!) makes gameplay much more enjoyable.

Thank you again. It is great to see continued improvement here.

Well that test release is quite exciting nonetheless. It was somewhat difficult to tell with the character not having consistent movement, but it definitely seems to be running faster, and the smooth music (no stuttering! yes!) makes gameplay much more enjoyable.

Thank you again. It is great to see continued improvement here.

No music stuttering? Really?! Wow, I have to test that (I have to anyway to fix joystick issues).

Great work ptitSeb, as usual I'm amazed. Would you mind to compare the previous version and the last one in a short video, when you have time?

Envoyé de mon 6039Y en utilisant Tapatalk

Well maybe it was just the area I was in. I had turned up the audio in mystic ruins (which used to have tons of stuttering pretty much everywhere) and there was none. Just tested again today, and there are areas of mystic ruins that still have some audio stutters and some that are free of it. Went into "final egg" and the portion I was able to make it through had only one minor audio stutterduring the couple minutes I wa fumbling around. It definitely seems to be an improvement! I used to play with the audio off, as the speed was bearable but the music stutters were annoying. This level of stuttering makes me want to try playing with the audio on once ptitSeb can figure out the joystick bug.

Might need to try PSO again too! It was just slightly too slow to be playable before.

Just reflashing the Pandora with the newer Zaxxon and prepare for trying the newer Reicast PND.

@ptitSeb

The Playstation2 Emulator Play! is growing nicely.

Please can you take a new look there?

http://purei.org/

Under my Windows Computer it runs better and better and maybe just for fun slowly on the Pandora too?

I feel a little bit like the early Days of PPSSPP and NullDCe which was converted into the Name Reicast.

Maybe you get something to run and this PS2 Emulator dont need any Bios(HLE Bios inside?)

Now i am curious to test your newer Reicast Version :D

Last edited by a moderator:
@ingoreis: ok, I'll take a look at one time.

Ok..tested a bit here and with your Beta PND it seem that all Changes in the emu.cfg will be ignored.

Maybe it copy the emu.cfg in the Appdata everytime?

Saving this emu.cfg is fine but after every reicast restart it has the old Settings.

Have little Audio Delay here and i rekognized that in the Game starting Menu.

This Audio Delay maybe come from an "ever activated" taskip.

SonicAdventure and Skies of Arcadia showed me unfortuany not realy more Speed here.

Still little Sound stuttering here.

Flashed to newest Firmware and updated also the SGX to 4.10 here.

The overal Speed is little better than the oder Versions and when i can activate the UnstableDynarec and Widescreen then it will be more Fun.

The left Nub is working in left,right and down Direction but up direction is not good Working and has Bugs here while playing.

I must pressing the Nubs often Twice in one Direction(mostly up)

Wow good Work and thank for viewing for an Update for us ;)

@edgex004: the joystick issue you had, is it with the left nub or right nub?

It was the left nub. Same as ingoreis it sounds like.

The overal Speed is little better than the oder Versions and when i can activate the UnstableDynarec and Widescreen then it will be more Fun.

Is activating these pretty self-explanitory if I look in the emu.cfg? I have not tried the unstable Dynarec and wasn't able to get Widescreen to work previously.

@ptitSeb

Little Report:

I runned the content of your PND from an Directory and it seem that every emu.cfg is ignored in this Version.

Tried to change all emu.cfg i found in Appdata Folder and /media/128gbsd/pandora/desktop/reicast/(here are the Files unpacked from the PND)

Enabled Widescreen in the emu.cfg and it run ever not in Widescreen.

It seemto be  no Error in your run.sh File..it should be an Error in the Reicast Binary for not using the emu.cfg

I will experiment more with your Build and Report then ;)

@ptitSeb

Little Report:

I runned the content of your PND from an Directory and it seem that every emu.cfg is ignored in this Version.

Tried to change all emu.cfg i found in Appdata Folder and /media/128gbsd/pandora/desktop/reicast/(here are the Files unpacked from the PND)

Enabled Widescreen in the emu.cfg and it run ever not in Widescreen.

It seemto be  no Error in your run.sh File..it should be an Error in the Reicast Binary for not using the emu.cfg

I will experiment more with your Build and Report then ;)

Yeah, I have to check in the code where that file has gone (if it ever still exists).

Maybe someone could help. I have the latest reicast, and 1.72 running on my gigahertz pandora. The OS and programs are on one SD card and Roms and videos on the other.

Incoming boots and plays wonderfully, and once I get through the first campaign i select save and it says it saves. After exiting and going back in, the saves only show "unformat" and I cant load it.

The VMU files showed the correct file names to be recognized by reicast.

How is your SD card formatted? It maybe could be a permissions issue.

Maybe someone could help. I have the latest reicast, and 1.72 running on my gigahertz pandora. The OS and programs are on one SD card and Roms and videos on the other.

Incoming boots and plays wonderfully, and once I get through the first campaign i select save and it says it saves. After exiting and going back in, the saves only show "unformat" and I cant load it.

The VMU files showed the correct file names to be recognized by reicast.
Which version of reicast are you using?

The version that is on the repo. My cards are FAT or FAT32. I have been just booting the game and trying to load from its load option. Just found out the emulator has a standard dreamcast menu with Play, VMU, Settings, etc should I try loading it from the VMU setting and/or formatting from there?

The version that is on the repo. My cards are FAT or FAT32. I have been just booting the game and trying to load from its load option. Just found out the emulator has a standard dreamcast menu with Play, VMU, Settings, etc should I try loading it from the VMU setting and/or formatting from there?

You might want to try running off an ext formatted card if you have one available. FAT caused permissions issues in the past.

Back