Release REICAST - Dreamcast Emulator

So new update on the repo.

I tried it with SGX driver v4.10, and it look quite stable with this one...

build 03

-----------

• NVRam is now saved at exit
  • A few other minor things

Holy Cow... it looks like its really working with that 4.10 SGX Driver

Incoming seems to be stable right now...

Im flying with the helicopter at the moment cO

(In 3rd person view without any trouble)

*EDIT* : alright ... scenario one completed =D (10 phases) and still stable

*EDIT* : 2nd scenario completed also (10 phases) and still stable

*EDIT* : A huge Thank You ! @ drkIIRaziel, ptitSeb and everyone involved in this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you ptitSeb for all the amazing work you are doing for this community. You're awesome!

If you change Line 70 in runscript.sh to  CDFILE=`zenity --file-selection $OLDSELECT --file-filter=" "*.cdi" "*.gdi" "*.iso" "`  then you can browse for all of the types at once.

SGX 4.10 seems to be best for Reicast. It solves the most of the 3D texture issues I was experiencing in Skies of Arcadia. Although it breaks other 3D emulators like Mupen64. It is easy enough to switch SGX drivers though.

With Reicast 03 the bios screen remembers the clock time.

However the game timer does not advance in Skies of Arcadia. All the save states have 0:00 for the timer. When you bring up the status window the timer shows 0:00 and the colon flashes but the timer never advances. It does not seem to affect game play.

A big thank you to ptitSeb, drkIIRaziel and the Reicast Team.

If you change Line 70 in runscript.sh to  CDFILE=`zenity --file-selection $OLDSELECT --file-filter=" "*.cdi" "*.gdi" "*.iso" "`  then you can browse for all of the types at once.

SGX 4.10 seems to be best for Reicast. It solves the most of the 3D texture issues I was experiencing in Skies of Arcadia. Although it breaks other 3D emulators like Mupen64. It is easy enough to switch SGX drivers though.

With Reicast 03 the bios screen remembers the clock time.

However the game timer does not advance in Skies of Arcadia. All the save states have 0:00 for the timer. When you bring up the status window the timer shows 0:00 and the colon flashes but the timer never advances. It does not seem to affect game play.

A big thank you to ptitSeb, drkIIRaziel and the Reicast Team.
For runscript, no problem, I can change the line so all images type are browsed at the same time.

About the RTC, ok, not sure it's handled right now, I'll try to check...

how do you get sgx 4.10 to appear in sgx installer rc2 have updated to 1.60 rc and its still only showing the drivers in r1

The In-Game Timer in Grandia II is functioning properly. So, I'm not sure what's causing Skies of Arcadia's to not work.

Well, its prolly my fault .. don't worry too much about it :p . The dc has a couple of counters, and many of them are broken in the current release.

Well, its prolly my fault .. don't worry too much about it :p . The dc has a couple of counters, and many of them are broken in the current release.
Just wondering what the time table is for this emulator. Do you have any Pandora updates for the near future? if so what kind of things? Obviously no pressure. Its just some of us are pretty excited about this and are just a little bit curious :)

Anyway thanks for all the work!

Pandora is compatible with android right now, and my efforts will be mostly around fixing core issues and bugs that affect both. It looks like ptitSeb is taking care of most of the pandora specific stuff (GUIs, packaging, etc - yay for me :p ), Shenmue has been kind enough to donate a unit actually, so i'll be taking special care of pandora as soon as most of the big issues are gone :)

Thanks for your amazing work in even getting this emulator this far, I hope having access to a real Pandora will help you get the most out of its capabilities!! Oh and Happy Christmas too! !! :)

Actually, I have an open pandora (was one of the first batchers), for for some reason never used it much development ... It did keep the pandora/beagle build active :)

*edit*

Looks like its dead now
Was only the battery dead or what was it?
If the battery is drained, you may need to keep it on the DC jack(not usb) charger for anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple hours before it will power up.

The MAME CHD V4 format works with Reicast.

Change line 70 in runscript.sh to  CDFILE=`zenity --file-selection $OLDSELECT --file-filter=" "*.cdi" "*.chd" "*.gdi" "*.iso" "`  so CHD files show up in the browser.

You can convert GDI folders to the much smaller and singular CHD files using MAME's CHD manager (chdman.exe) version 145 - attached.

\>chdman.exe -createcd Skies1.gdi Skies1.chd

chdman - MAME Compressed Hunks of Data (CHD) manager 0.145 (Feb  5 2012)

CD-ROM Skies1.gdi has 3 tracks and 549150 total frames
Track 01/03 (track01.bin:0,775 frames,194 hunks,swap 0,pregap 0,postgap 0)
Track 02/03 (track02.raw:0,44225 frames,11057 hunks,swap 0,pregap 0,postgap 0)
Track 03/03 (track03.bin:0,504150 frames,126038 hunks,swap 0,pregap 0,postgap 0)

Compression complete ... final ratio = 43%
\>

Skies of Arcadia storage size is reduced from 1.1 GB to 726 MB for disc 1 and is reduced from 1.1 GB to 739 MB for disc 2.
Since they are now single files I can keep both disc images in the same folder. Playing the game seems identical.

Note: MAME moved to CHD V5 in version 146 and CHD V5 files do not seem to work with Reicast.

EDIT: Renamed attached chdman0145.zip to win32_chdman0145.zip.

EDIT2: Posted a Pandora native chdman here http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15211-reicast-dreamcast-emulator/?p=300979

win32_chdman0145.zip

Attachments

• win32_chdman0145.zip
    353.1 KB · Views: 287
Pandora is compatible with android right now, and my efforts will be mostly around fixing core issues and bugs that affect both. It looks like ptitSeb is taking care of most of the pandora specific stuff (GUIs, packaging, etc - yay for me :p ), Shenmue has been kind enough to donate a unit actually, so i'll be taking special care of pandora as soon as most of the big issues are gone :)
Heh, it's the least I can do since I can't code, and Dreamcast is my most favorite system so.  Glad you will pay special attention to us Pandorians :)   I'm sure will contribute whenever you have that crowd funding up.  :)

Just tested Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament (U) and here's what I got:

Note: Used with the newest version (Rev 3) on a Rebirth @ 800 MHz

- Quake 3: Slow menu, even slower gameplay. Maybe 35% Speed. Game loading is fine. These results are from the first map.

- Unreal Tournament: A bit faster in menu (Maybe 80% Speed) Slow gameplay. Sound works, but makes an odd noise every second that makes it hard to distinguish the in game music. While playing, I get a couple of screwed up models, and is a bit slower than Quake 3 in game. (Maybe 25-30% Speed)

I would have put this on the Compatibility List, but it says I don't have permissions to do so. (Yes, I created an account)

I'll test more later.

Attachments

• pandora_chdman0145.zip
    159 KB · Views: 236
Back