Quite a bit for you to read!

I've no idea where that Pico/Mini Flash card slot is on my unit, so even if I ever did somehow managed to get one of those mythical cards somehow I wouldn't even know where to put it lol
It would seem that you forgot to mention that there's a Compact Flash slot on the right side though. I'm currently using a 4 GB Type II CF card as my boot drive with Windows 95. Gonna upgrade to 32 GB soon just to see if I can.

Hi, You can't, or you will have to make 8*4GB partitions.

Edit. And that may very well not work, try 8 or 16 first.

PCMCIA had modems,faxes,wifi , CF adaptors and i had a Ethernet Network adaptor once...it had a thin flat connector to the PCMCIA card and a RJ45 at the other end.
and this wifi type
PCIMCA could do a load of things, I wish modern laptops still had them.
$(KGrHqN,!h8FB1,7k,58BQj)3HWfSw~~60_1.JPG

This is the one I have and it supports all the modern WIFI encrypting standards like WPA2, even has drivers for Windows 9X surprisingly.

Wow!!!!

I didn't realize that eMMC technology had gotten so FAST! I use a USB to SD adapter on my main desktop PC and the "dd" utility to write a 32GB image to SD cards several times a day (I hook a lot of friends and family up with Pi2 and Pi3 raspbian systems plugged into their HDTV) and my jaw would hit the floor so hard it caused an earthquake if I could get an SD card to hit 30MB/s let alone 95!

I consider my Pandora to be extremely fast, and I use the internal eMMC for the main OS and an SD card for Gentoo and another one for PNDs, and I've never noticed much issue with speed. The worst I've ever seen is when I fill a 128GB MicroSD card (with SD adapter to fit into Pandora) all the way with PNDs and then plug it into a running Pandora. In that case it can sometimes take a minute for the menu to show the PNDs from the SD. A minute. Looks like the Pyra will be SO MUCH FASTER!

I have 5 hard drives in my main desktop PC. Two of them are 7200rpm SATA. One is 7200rpm IDE (with IDE to SATA adapter). The other two are 5400rpm IDE (with adapter). The Pyra will be SO MUCH FASTER than my desktop PC on EVERY ASPECT!

I'm not going to jump into the whole slightly-slower-to-include-uSD argument except to say that I agree wholeheartedly with how things are going. I just really want to say every new thing I learn about the Pyra has me even more impressed.

Congratulations times a million! You are building the world's BEST handheld computer and will have an absolutely THRILLED customer in me.

I was going to go somewhere else with this post but I got distracted and forgot. I'm playing FF9 on my Pandora at the moment so I'm pretty distracted.

Anyway the moment the Pyra begins to ship I am going to sell my '85 Monte Carlo SS and buy a cheaper car and a Pyra. Please take as long as it takes to make the Pyra as perfect as possible. Which is very much sounds like what is already going on :-D

<3 ED and ALL the Pyra team members!

I planned to make another newspost this weekend, but I had too much work to do...

So anyways, here are a few pictures and quick news hidden in this thread :D

IMG_20170306_113300_1.jpg IMG_20170306_113307.jpg

As you can see, things are moving along in Greece (finally).
These two parts are from the latest test run and should have all fixes implemented.
Don't be put off by the ugly looks: The lighting in there is very hard, every plastic device looks ugly inside such a light :)
BTW: These case have a TINY bit of blue in them - but can only see that in proper light.
I can't wait to receive them and see them in real life :D

Now two more pics:

IMG_20170306_113317.jpg IMG_20170306_113330.jpg

These are two of the last missing puzzles pieces: The sealing for the speakers.
The right one goes into the case, then the speaker is put in, then the left one goes on top of the speaker.
The holes are for the contacts. It's made from a soft silicon-like material, which means it'll be squished between the case and the PCB, sealing the speakers inside.

What ugly looks?
I think he means It looks a bit like it has some shrink marks and there's dents in the hinge. Maybe the case was photographed with a crude flash or something.
Especially on the bottom part I can see the blue a little. I'm excited to see the end result :D
How long until you'll receive the parts Ed?

Yeah, sorry, but it looks a little ugly for me, not very polished. Hope you are right ED and this is due to bad lighting. Will you receive the full case in black or just the screen zone?

I imagine the difference will be somewhat like the effect when I put on my new glasses... details that I never realised were fuzzy are suddenly clear... :)

-Neelix

Back