Psx4gp2x Beta Testers Thread

I never wanted my post to became a flame war betwen user, so I'm going to delete my original post and ecourage all others to do same, so we keep this thread on the good track.

So here is a bit of info:

My private 18c beta has alllmost if not all 2d games workin nicelly, including transitions a so on. All known 2d bug seen to be solved now.

On the 3d the only reamining bug is the missin poligons one that is the first on my list.

zottd and me have been talking a lot a bout the interpreter and he is avancin nice on the threaded interpreter to get it more fast and compatible.

on the gpu side after the big 3d bug hunt, I'll start lookin for the flickering bug on some games that seems a problem with interupt handling, and may be ussing the new pixel pipeline I can make a pixelpipeline totally in asm, but I have to check first the code generated by the compiler.

During all this proces I also especto to estar makin the place for acelerated gpu's implementations, that will be the opengl, powerVR and secondCore gpu's

Well that all for now.

Unai

Thanks for all your efforts, una-i. You and zodttd are doing such a brilliant job. It is VERY much appreciated.

yes thanks for the work and news ;) una-i and zodttd...
great to hear 2D games become better and better....

PS: if you have finished the emu ;) could you luck at the bug which stops Rayman 1 to work, it could run great (cause it just 2D) but when the first movie starts it crashes (like pcsx, which this emu is based on i think ;) )
anyway great work!

okay, i try to specify my post about "soul reaver.
the game runs well up to 6 fps on 275Mhz (interlacing0, progressive: off)

there is a grafical bug in the background. (maybe the missin-poligons-bug?)

the game doesn't load the first fightscene. it shows a endlessly loop of the first enemies.
(no video, ingame graphics) maybe because the loading during gaming konzept. the same bug is present on other emulators like epsxe.
I hope it was helpful. ;)

First time trying out psx4gp2x and i must say its damn impressive. I'm at work so I've not got time to post any decent FPS/Vsync stats but Crash Bandicoot 2 runs between 10 and 15 FPS in game! I'll play around with the underclocking and scaling etc and let you know how I get on!

Thanks to everyone who helped out on this. Donations are coming your way when I get paid!!

just like to add that ripped EHUMED Pal is fully playable woohoo

Overclocked to 250Mhz
PSX cpu speed 10Mhz
cant remember the rest lol

try it if you have the game :)

I tried ace combat2 it was almost playable ingame at 280 Mhz, only in the menus there was a bug that only the upper half of the screen was emulated and than being streched to cover the screen... But i can live with it :D

I tried ace combat2 it was almost playable ingame at 280 Mhz, only in the menus there was a bug that only the upper half of the screen was emulated and than being streched to cover the screen... But i can live with it :D

is the menu pictured correctly if you start the game with following settings?
interlacing0, progressive: off ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just edit a script that uses cpu_speed, and set it yourself.

#!/bin/bash

mount /mnt/sd -o remount,sync
/mnt/sd/cpu_speed 0 2 266

Then launch some game here
./game

Just edit a script that uses cpu_speed, and set it yourself.

#!/bin/bash

mount /mnt/sd -o remount,sync
/mnt/sd/cpu_speed 0 2 266

Then launch some game here
./game

Can't do that. The game sets it itself...

Just wait for the next version, maybe he'll add it.

hmm...this sounds cool...Does anyone know of any free programs that can rip .iso's that is also free?

the *.dat files of burnatonce are really very compatible. burnatonce is opensource and easy to use. every rip runs well, if you found the correct settings.
:) (my favorite, it failed only an ripp of FFIX)

another opensource project is cdrdao. its not so easy to handle but also very compatible.

Back