Psx4gp2x Beta Testers Thread

:eek: Went out and found an OLD original version of Wipeout :) ripped it and set the GP2X at 285Mhz
Couldnt belive it a 3D game with all menus > 30 Fps. Then underclocked at 20Mhz and the ingame 3D is at 12 to 18 FPS !! all i could do was think... "Who needs a PSP hehehe!"

Keep it going Guys , I'll be donating soon as I get some cash :) (Iam a broke-ass programmer)

Hmm...are those BASH commands or MS-Dos? I don't have a current linux installation (my Suse 9.1 hates my ATI card).

Nice day, Casltlevania renders nice, its still slow, but there are no more 2d graphical glitches, next target ff7 , wipeot menus ,etc.. missed polygons.

Unai.

P.D: When did I get promoted to guru :confused:

hmm...this sounds cool...Does anyone know of any free programs that can rip .iso's that is also free?
Short answer, I swear by Smart Project's IsoBuster, it is completely free and is great for ripping perfect copies.

Long answer: See topics discussing this, there are many.

... See my sig (the text under my post), but it's just recommended for the GP2X, I have other programs to do this for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
I got C&C GDI disk working. a VERY playable 17-20 fps at 270 MHz. this is a good speed to play at considering i can't use a mouse. Underclocking the core boosts the framerate but the guys seem to move much slower than at 33 MHz core. great job on this emu!

Nice day, Casltlevania renders nice, its still slow, but there are no more 2d graphical glitches, next target ff7 , wipeot menus ,etc.. missed polygons.

Unai.

P.D: When did I get promoted to guru :confused:

Have you taken over this project now that Zodttd left for the Giz?

Working on Giz does not preclude working on GP2X. That is the whole point of the PSX4ALL codebase.

He started working on the Giz PSX emu port in late May. On 6th June he released a new version on the GP2X. Does it sound like he has "left?"

Please stop jumping on dev's cases when they have fun with other gadgets, that's the sort of thing which turns people off a community.

Working on Giz does not preclude working on GP2X. That is the whole point of the PSX4ALL codebase.

He started working on the Giz PSX emu port in late May. On 6th June he released a new version on the GP2X. Does it sound like he has "left?"

Please stop jumping on dev's cases when they have fun with other gadgets, that's the sort of thing which turns people off a community.

"Have you taken over this project now that Zodttd left for the Giz?"

Does that sound like "jumping all over devs cases"

No, so stop making stuff up now just to flame. Back on topic? Don't need a flame war right?

Does that sound like "jumping all over devs cases"

Frankly, yes. "now that Zodttd left for the Giz" is quite a snide remark. It's not like this is some exclusive clubhouse, where if you "fraternize with the enemy" you're no longer a part of it.

Please don't make judgments on devs for what they choose to do with their time.

EDIT: "Back on topic? Don't need a flame war right?" Fair enough, I've had my say. I only want what's best for the community, maybe I should have kept it private but I felt it needed to be said. Apologies to all.

@Dave C, not a flame war, not wanting to jump in. But that was a daft comment to make. Just cos they have given him a Giz doesn´t mean he has stopped this, and it was rude of you to assume that he has. And if he has, why not, he´s a free man.

It was a daft comment. Not flaming, just saying.

no need to debate. the title of the projekt is "psx4all". and "all" means: there will be a lot of ports! every device profits of improved code. more comunities = more improvements.

Have you taken over this project now that Zodttd left for the Giz?

No body has left the proyect, we have a common code base for all the psx4all versions, and he is working on the arm interpreter that will work nor only for gp2x, but also giz and zodiac...

If everything goes fine we'll have new version with all that nice stuff really soon.

Unai

Back