Psx4gp2x Beta Testers Thread

well PSX is very good for teaching physics. You throw it from the top of some building and start counting time. When you hear *crash* you stop counting and then divide the height of the building by what you've counted and you have speed of the flying PSX :p

btw how about that joke:

Two guys are sitting in a restaurant on top of the statue of liberty and talking. One of them says:
- You know, there are so strong winds in here that you can jump out the window and they will push you back.
- No shit! - Says second guy.
- Ok, I'll show you - says the first, jumps of the window and in 2 seconds he is back in the room.
- Let me try - says second guy jumps out the window and falls down. In 3 seconds you can hear sound of him meeting the ground.
The first guy goes to the bar and asks for another drink. Barman says to him:
- You're great son of a bitch when you're drunk Superman

@kardasan: you are right (but i stay junger in my car) and this joke is really good!! :D

btw: everybody could stop this little trip in physical philosophy by telling news about our favorite emulator ;) i've got nearly 20 ripped games on my new usb harddrive ready for testing but no beta2

@kardasan: you are right (but i stay junger in my car) and this joke is really good!! :D

btw: everybody could stop this little trip in physical philosophy by telling news about our favorite emulator ;) i've got nearly 20 ripped games on my new usb harddrive ready for testing but no beta2

Don´t be impatient!
The longer it will take, the more exciting improvements we´ll get!

Just look at estospero´s new videos, they ´re noticeable faster than the last beta and i bet beta 2 will even be more awesome when released.

I wouldn't mind a little update to know how things are going though. As he did say that beta2 would be released on a few fridays ago and then it never happend.
Did something bad happen, too much homework, gave up on PSX, or is beta2 just going to be really awsome?

I illegally acquired Legend of Mana (I own the disc, but it probably is too scratched up to prove worthwhile to rip) just for PSX4GP2X after hearing how well it ran. Too bad it's not out yet.

lancelott posted on May 27 2006 at 07:51 PM said:
I illegally acquired Legend of Mana (I own the disc, but it probably is too scratched up to prove worthwhile to rip) just for PSX4GP2X after hearing how well it ran. Too bad it's not out yet.
how was it illegal? did you break into someones house?

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm agree with reallynotnick. nobody wants to get a perfect emulator now. in past we could test every change in the code and since 2 weeks no further information. I know it is like Fishbong says, but this knowledge makes the waiting not more easy.
@lancelott if you own the CD (useble or not) and the package you have the license to use the software

Fishbong posted on May 27 2006 at 08:09 PM said:
Don´t be impatient!
The longer it will take, the more exciting improvements we´ll get!

Just look at estospero´s new videos, they ´re noticeable faster than the last beta and i bet beta 2 will even be more awesome when released.

Don't worry i wasn't serious.

currently at 290 and going up... It's strange how different people's gp2x have such a large difference in max OC clockspeeds.

BTW: 103652 is prime if you were wondering.

lintsniffer posted on May 27 2006 at 08:15 PM said:
BTW: 103652 is prime if you were wondering.

Actually, it ends in a 2...

Mine only goes to 275mhz... Gosh you guys are all lucky. Well at least I don't have one of those 240mhz ones.

I wonder if the newer ones in the MKII are better, worse, or still completly random.

Can anyone explain in like 4 scentences what is making these extreme differences in these chips. They are all made the same way correct?

They are chips that were supposed to be at 266, but were rejected as they dont rate at 266 during the first test. Some may have just failed the test and go way over. Its the same why some PC processors can go higher, me and my friend both have the same processor, and i can get mine up to 3.4 stable, and he only 3.2 stable (its 2.8ghz)

Back