Preorders Have Started. (Previously named starts in two hours)

Hmmm, I hardly find any hardware to put inside ANY bubble there (maybe the fairphone in the green one, but not in an intersection).

EDIT: Oh, and I finally made my 2 pre-preorders preorders...

Pyra user based on the graphs published before:

shutterstock_156481154.jpg

Hey, I just wanted to make my first post here.
I've been lurking for a while, pre-pre and now pre-ordered the pyra (LTE EU, 4G ram).
Ever since my Nokia N900 died i miss a non-crippled mobile device...

Welcome, Kiney!

We need to have a non-crippled device in a market dominated by crippled devices. Judging by the bad reactions and nasty comments in the tech news sites featuring the Pyra's preorder, a lot of people want to keep paying the same kind of money for crippled devices on ludicrous contracts.

...and most chineses fabric don't respect people and our planet Earth...

i liked the slogan 'proudly made in bavaria' inside my pandora.
i think it's funny, because bavaria calls itself a 'free state', so not all germans think that bavaria is 'real' german territory. ;)
i'm not into nationalistic thinking, stuff from nation a) is good and from nation b) is bad.
true, the world get spammed by cheap asian products, but that was not the fault of the asian workers, it was an evil plan called 'capitalism' invented from
'the west' to do these badly produced cheap things there to rip us (the rich) off here.

lately i have seen some really good made stuff from china. the fiio x1 audio player i got is an example. it is made in china by a chinese company that has the slogan
"raise the reputation of made in china" and it is of really good craftsmanship.
back in the day my c64 had the lable made in germany, but i think most of the parts were also made in asia, even in the 80/90s.
so for me there is only one world, one love! down with borders! we should try to respect people everywhere the same, the internet is a good start for this international thinking/working.
'proudly made on planet earth' would fit it nice for me.
we really need a kind of bio/organic/fairtrade thinking for building/buying electronic devices.
anyway, the best way to help the planet is to not buy all this cheap crap and only conecentrate on fairly done stuff one really needs. (lika a pyra, of course!)
less is more! :)

true, the world get spammed by cheap asian products, but that was not the fault of the asian workers, it was an evil plan called 'capitalism' invented from
'the west' to do these badly produced cheap things there to rip us (the rich) off here.
ot buy all this cheap crap and only conecentrate on fairly done stuff one really needs. (lika a pyra, of course!)

If I'm not mistaken, true capitalism would lead to a truly free market. A truly free market would lead to no borders. What are borders for other than economic control?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, it's the Communism (or corrupt/oppressive/ineffective governments) that leads to low wages and poor working conditions.

On to your other points, Chinese stuff isn't that bad. Sure, the clothing falls a part in a moments notice, but stuff I want to last (phones, tablets, etc...), tend to last.

The Pyra can sell itself based on its own merits rather than bashing flaws or perceived flaws of the competition.

Personally, if the competition's standing on a foundation full of holes, shake them up. Playing nice with your customers will get reciprocation and therefore loyalty, but there is nothing to gain from being cordial to competitors that violate all that your product stands for.

Rip them apart. Rend flesh from bone and eat. Use their bones to attack their cohorts and eat them too.

If I'm not mistaken, true capitalism would lead to a truly free market. A truly free market would lead to no borders.

No borders for trade or movement of persons, anyway. The only thing more valuable than money is power, and both go hand-in-hand.

What are borders for other than economic control?

Ask the many nationalists of Europe and Asia.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, it's the Communism (or corrupt/oppressive/ineffective governments) that leads to low wages and poor working conditions.

You refer to the faux-communism of the PRC? No, that's capitalism at its core and at its purest form. Find the destitute, and pay them half a crown to produce five shillings in a day. Ditto for southeast Asia, which is even worse than China since they lack the provisions the faux-communist Beijing provides to its citizens.

One of the reasons I backed the Pyra is ED's great support. In case the Pyra will need repairs I know ED will not make a big fuss about it. Even after warranty is over I can be sure he'll repair the device for a very fair price. Also I assume that spare parts will be available for quite a long time, just like it is with the Pandora.

I want to reorder, but I don't have the password for my account on the site, so I got an e-mail to reset it. But when I click on the link in the e-mail it just takes me to the authentication page. So it doesn't look like I can reset the password. So.. yeah, any help @EvilDragon?

EDIT: Nevermind, a few minutes later I was sent a new e-mail with a new temporary password.

EDIT2: Payment refused by financial institution :( Trying another card...

EDIT3: Denied again. I wonder how many other people this is affecting. :| Guess I need a bank wire or Bitcoin. Not really thrilled with either choice. Any recommendations from other USA people?

EDIT4: Okay, scratch that. The first card I tried ended up getting blocked. But when I called to get it unblocked they put in an override to let me make the purchase, so I was finally able to do it. To everyone else who is using a credit card outside of the EU, you may want to call your card holder first.

Last edited:
Back