Preorders Have Started. (Previously named starts in two hours)

How are people to know it's not a mini cassette
Disregarding the obvious that people who know what a mini cassette is but not the compact cassette is close to nil (and there being no reason to compare it with the mini cassette), you could just use one that says compact cassette or musicassette on it.

All of this because a special someone didn't see that the article said "original Nintendo GameBoy" and seriously underestimates the intelligence of that magazine's readers, thus misconstruing what scale the writer was trying to convey.

And none of you caught that. And all of you fell in line.

Y'all are crazy.

You don't need to read any article to know that GameBoy only has one size, since all others were named differently. But while I gave away my GameBoy long ago (and my GameBoy Pocket too), I still have MCs around and I think that's the case with many others.

Okay, week 9 of preorders is up (well, it was as of last midnight, but I was AFK at that time for once).

Week 1 (1/05-7/05) : 563 preorders (0-563)
Week 2 (8/05-14/05) : 82 preorders (563-645)
Week 3 (15/05-21/05) : 53 preorders (645-698)
Week 4 (22/05-28/05) : 28 preorders (698-726)
Week 5 (29/05-04/06) : 29 preorders (726-755)
Week 6 (05/06-11/06) : 16 preorders (755-771)
Week 7 (12/06-18/06) : 16 preorders (771-787)
Week 8 (19/06-25/06) : 15 preorders (787-793)
Week 9 (26/06-02/07) : 10 preorders (793-803)

Most of the weeks contain some cancellations, so I didn't bother noting which ones do and which don't.

Hey all. Stoked I found this. I was a follower of the Pandora development way back in the day and had no idea any of this was going on. Happened to mention the Pandora to someone today and figured I would see what was going on. The Pyra looks awesome. 2 questions though. First is what will the full price be for these? I see the downpayment amounts but I assume that is not the full price. So what would the full price be for a 4GB mobile version be? 2nd question is will these also be sold from stick after preorders are over and filled? Looking forward to the answers and learning more about what is going on here and everything I have missed the last few years. Thanks

First is what will the full price be for these? I see the downpayment amounts but I assume that is not the full price. So what would the full price be for a 4GB mobile version be?

Pyra starts from 2GB Standard @~595 Euro to 4GB Mobile @~745 Euro.

2nd question is will these also be sold from stick after preorders are over and filled?

Not sure what that means. If you mean if the CPU-board will be sold separate, then maybe. ED would have to answer that. But do clarify.

Stick around though. Fun times ahead.

Hi Awhispersecho,
I assume you mean "from stock", not "from stick".
I think I remember EvilDragon saying that once he's sold the first 1500 he'll have enough funds to keep a steady supply. He's got 800 pre-orders, and once those start going out I guess we're hopeful there are good reviews and he'll sell the next 700 pre-orders no problem. Once those are sold and shipped the third batch will probably be for immediate purchase in his store, no more pre-order.
That's what I remember about the situation, anyway.

Thank you both for your replies. And yes I meant stock. Auto-correct got things wrong again. TY you both for the info

So, week 10 is up, and boy, what a week! 6 preorders in the last 24 hours alone leading to the most preorders since week 5.

Week 1 (1/05-7/05) : 563 preorders (0-563)
Week 2 (8/05-14/05) : 82 preorders (563-645)
Week 3 (15/05-21/05) : 53 preorders (645-698)
Week 4 (22/05-28/05) : 28 preorders (698-726)
Week 5 (29/05-04/06) : 29 preorders (726-755)
Week 6 (05/06-11/06) : 16 preorders (755-771)
Week 7 (12/06-18/06) : 16 preorders (771-787)
Week 8 (19/06-25/06) : 15 preorders (787-793)
Week 9 (26/06-02/07) : 10 preorders (793-803)
Week 10 (03/07-09/07) : 20 preorders (803-823)

I think the pre preorders dropped from 57 to 50 in that time. So about 7 of that 20 is probably convertged pre preorders. That would make 13 orders for the week or almost 2 a day

Any clues as to what caused the acceleration in preorders? Because whatever it is/was we need more of it :)

I imagine it was the photos of ED in Greece with a prototype Pyra that was in an opaque case. If there are more pictures of something new (like ED playing a Dreamcast game -- maybe Shenmue? -- on a prototype Pyra) next week, I would expect a few more waverers to commit.

You are both wrong with the timeline. The number of unclaimed pre-pre-orders was dropped on June 30, in the week before (and since it had stayed at 57 for quite a while, I guess it was stretched out over more than one week), same with the photos. The only correlation seems to be comments of backers on the hilarious PGS Kickstarter campaign, on the same day where the number of pre-orders suddenly jumped by six.

Fwiw, I'm not tracking pre-preorders at all - I consider a converted pre-preorder the same as a paid up preorder, because I've not found any reliable data about converted pre-preorders.

Edit: Sorry for the dp. Stupid N3DS browser not giving me any indication that it's posted anything. I can't wait for my Pyra so I can use it in the bath like I used to with my Pandora before I broke the display.

Last edited:
Its also quite a few people realizing the PGS is operated on dreams with no evidence to the contrary.

I'd be very surprised if that was a deciding factor in any of the Pyra pre-order purchases. If potential PGS customers decided to purchase a different device on that basis I would expect them to go for the GPD Win, rather than the Pyra. It's OS and price point are much closer to how the PGS has been marketed.

-Neelix

@Neelix

The PGS is marketed as a phone, and the GPD win has no cellular/LTE modem.
How the PGS is marketed, (the topic of earlier and episode 9 of today), is really something you _don't_ want.
For the people who don't buy into it, an open handheld with transparent information and production details is really lucrative in comparison.
The GPD win is far behind the Pyra in that aspect.

Back