Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

I was more aiming at a Sound Plugin for Mupen first, because I sense it will be simpler to do (even if not super usefull).
Actually very useful because many games still have stuttering sound in Mupen2.0.   :)
Presumably making audio emulation faster (not sure how that can be done as current plugin does no processing at all) is not going to solve audio problems because those come from general slowness of the emulator.

Any idea whether you ever want to try to fix the videos?
Star Ocean is no fun with the too huge movies :(

My Problem with Dissidia as that buffered rendering makes a big black square on the screen and hardware transformation fails.

Maybe 0.9.5. can help here.

Any idea whether you ever want to try to fix the videos? Star Ocean is no fun with the too huge movies :(
I didn't try Star Ocean, but on some other games, Videos are OK. Must be something specifics to this game. I will take look when I can :)
Hm, same for me with Pirates! and all other games that use movies I tried.

You don't notice it right away, as it shows a quarter of the movie in fullscreen, so only if there are subtitles (or if you know the original movie) it's noticeable.

It was working on an earlier revision.

I got several informations that hardware transformation fails with 

The Legend Of Heroes - Trails In The Sky (US)

I have a new build that I tryied a bit (well 2 build, but one was not very good). Star Ocean seems fixed, the big black screen in Dissidia is still present. It's a referenced bug on SGX it seems. I tried messing with the fbo creation, but with no effect. I'll try to release 0.9.5 soon.

Man there area few games that are very close to being playable, Metal Gear portable ops and 007 Russia look very nice and I can get them to play at about 60% speed.. Final fantasy 4 the complete collection and Radiant Mythology play good with the occasional stutter. 

I was in touch with the creator of PPSSPP a few days ago, and while there are some speedups ahead of us in the future versions, it's likely going to be marginal from there on. 

I.e. JIT improvements, maybe 10-15% increase in FPS, max. Neon implementation, maybe a couple of percents, too... 

And any optimization from there on is going to represent a significant amount of work. 

So, what you can expect from there on:

- fixes in compatibility

- slightly better FPS but not hugely faster

- you'll need a Pandora successor to play all PSP games properly and full speed :)

I was in touch with the creator of PPSSPP a few days ago, and while there are some speedups ahead of us in the future versions, it's likely going to be marginal from there on. 

I.e. JIT improvements, maybe 10-15% increase in FPS, max. Neon implementation, maybe a couple of percents, too... 

And any optimization from there on is going to represent a significant amount of work. 

- fixes in compatibility

- you'll need a Pandora successor to play all PSP games properly and full speed :)

Yeah this is probably true , But there might be that chance where someone comes along and revamps the whole emulator like what Notaz did with Rearmed on the Wiz and Caanoo... We had the old PCSX from chui for a long time with little hope that things would improve much then out of nowhere comes the Rearmed version that was IMO a huge improvement. I still can't believe all the PS1 games that I enjoy on my old Wiz. Still I consider myself lucky to be able to play Valkria Chronicles and FF4. 

- fixes in compatibility

Nice news.

what Notaz did with Rearmed on the Wiz and Caanoo...
Don't hope anything there too much. I actually did ask notaz this very same question 2 weeks ago, and he thinks they guys responsible of the PPSSPP project are doing the right things to optimize the emulator for all target platforms (ARM included) and there's nothing much where he could see significant improvement - and any serious work there would be a huge amount of work, so don't hold your breath. It probably won't happen, especially since the Pandora successor is probably around the corner (at least not 5 years down the road).  

So, there's no magic there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a new build that I tryied a bit (well 2 build, but one was not very good). Star Ocean seems fixed, the big black screen in Dissidia is still present. It's a referenced bug on SGX it seems. I tried messing with the fbo creation, but with no effect. I'll try to release 0.9.5 soon.
Well, its beyond soon now.

Are you trying to build a reputation of being an ass around here? Every one of your post is just about demanding stuff to come out when you want and the way you want, without trying to understand what it takes to compile and test stuff.

For your info I am actively testing new builds from PPSSPP and the reason why it's not released yet is because it's not stable yet. When it's stable it will be out. 

So, please stop acting like that, it's extremely annoying to people who are working on projects. 

Thanks at ptibseb for all his hard to port and improve this great emulator to the Pandora. And just releases stable version which are fun for the users. And thanks you ekianjo for your testing and great blog :) .

Is there some super insider secret information we the mass don't know about? :)

Are you trying to build a reputation of being an ass around here? Every one of your post is just about demanding stuff to come out when you want and the way you want, without trying to understand what it takes to compile and test stuff.

For your info I am actively testing new builds from PPSSPP and the reason why it's not released yet is because it's not stable yet. When it's stable it will be out. 

So, please stop acting like that, it's extremely annoying to people who are working on projects. 
Zero3Kumaki  :p

Back