Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

I'm not in a huge hurry to publish (or not) build 35, but I just want to be sure that there is some testing done on this build.

So if you can report what has been tested and the result of it, that would help.
Hey that's usually my job right ? :)

I'll start testing but give me a couple of days, since i'm busy with the compo as well

I'm not in a huge hurry to publish (or not) build 35, but I just want to be sure that there is some testing done on this build.

So if you can report what has been tested and the result of it, that would help.
Hey that's usually my job right ? :)

I'll start testing but give me a couple of days, since i'm busy with the compo as well
Yeah I know, but I knew you will be busy with the competition, and I wanted to "test" the reactivity of some community members that are always eager to have new release and wanted to put some pressure on the one(s) that try to presure me ;)

Well these are the two that didn't work  well before.  But who cares really, just release it and let the people test it.  One person doesn'thave time to test lots of games.  The community is for that purpose.
We need a domain change to openbeta.org.  B)  

I just tested, also only two games(coded arms and Monster Hunter), I apologize for that. I tested both games with both sgx drivers: 4.03 and 4.10. My subjective impression approves what some users said: It seems to have slightly improved performance, but less stability. In my case Coded Arms froze the whole system, at the beginning of the tutorial. In SGX4.10, X11 fought against PPSSPP on Monster Hunter, making it unable to handle user input. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently copying my new PSP games to Pandora.

Will post some updates.

I expect the Mega Man Games to run playable and Daxter and Meatl Geat to be not playable.

Dissidia 012: Speed is as 34 or better. Buffered rendering now is full screen but Characters are not visible (it's better I think.

Bleach: Seems as last build

Mega Man powered up: speed well playable (but not 100% fullspeed) Some artefact around the characters

Mega Man MAverick hunters: Freeze when loading

Daxter: Speed ok, but not nice playable. Black atefacts

Dantes Inferno: Still black opening screen.

Sould Calibur: same or faster than last release.

I didn't notice a lot difference.

Some seems better, some worse.

As there is no settings per game I didn't try different settings.

Don't want to loose the setting that's working right now with most games I own.

Askarus if you have not done so can you update the wiki (unless PtitSeb will not release this version).
I can but as I don't use different settings and dis/enable hacks (because of misssing per rom config) I don't know if it's a good idea.

If it's no problem I can update the Wiki.

0.9.7.2 was released to fix a few issues. Please make a new build for it. Thanks.

I was wondering if anyone could help out with Persona 3 Golden using a CC unit. It actually runs good enough for me, but when inside tartarus I can only see the minimap and nothing else. Anyone else encounter this issue or know of the best settings to use to correct this?

Thanks!

0.9.7.2 was released to fix a few issues. Please make a new build for it. Thanks.
I will, but you will have to be patient.

The full story is that, when I compile things now, I'm using an experimental version of codeblocks PND, using an experimental version of gcc 4.9.0. While this works for most of the things, I have a compilation issue with PPSSPP, and the generated binary produce picture without red ?! So each time I want a working version, I have to stop everything I do, mount an old codeblock, compile, ect. Not conveniant. So this time I'll try to understand what's going on and try to have a working version compiled with 4.9.0. If I don't found, I'll fall back to 4.8.0 after a while... (and I confirm, I have compiled it yesterday and still no red).

I will, but you will have to be patient.

The full story is that, when I compile things now, I'm using an experimental version of codeblocks PND, using an experimental version of gcc 4.9.0. While this works for most of the things, I have a compilation issue with PPSSPP, and the generated binary produce picture without red ?! So each time I want a working version, I have to stop everything I do, mount an old codeblock, compile, ect. Not conveniant. So this time I'll try to understand what's going on and try to have a working version compiled with 4.9.0. If I don't found, I'll fall back to 4.8.0 after a while... (and I confirm, I have compiled it yesterday and still no red).
Do Codeblocks first.

It helps no one if you have to waste your time with an older version to compile a ner version of PPSSPP that gets a bugfix release in some days and makes people shout to compile the new version.

Seriously people asking for a new version every two days should learn when to shut up a bit.
Indeed - Stuff is always getting updated - I guess a build server that can pull the latest git and spit out a PND would be good for impatient people, but otherwise I'm pretty sure PtitSeb will put out a new version in his own time...

I guess if a month went by after an epic optimisation was checked in and still no new build, maybe then it would be acceptable to point out "Hey were you aware about this speedup?" to which the answer would be "Yes I'm already working on it with problem XYZ" or "No thanks for pointing that out"

Requesting a new build outright for no reason other than some fixes have been made is a bit rude, as fixes are always being made.

Don't know if this is helpful or not, but Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection definitely doesn't work. It shoddily plays the intro and then totally glitches out at the main menu.

This was on a CC unit by the way.

Back