Release PPSSPP, Emulator for PSP

I'm not sure this release is better than the previous one, so I'll start by putting it in here for you to test and report.

/!\ Please note that Frameskipping as changed. There is now a "tick" to enable or not AutoFrameSkip, and a number of frameskip.

If not Autoframeskip, then the Number is the fixed number of frame to skip

if Autoframeskip is enabled, the the Number is the Max number of frame to skip...

So first thing to do is going in the Options screen to set that up.

Please test and report.

PPSSPP.pnd

Attachments

• PPSSPP.pnd
    30.5 MB · Views: 138
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure this release is better than the previous one, so I'll start by putting it in here for you to test and report.

/!\ Please note that Frameskipping as changed. There is now a "tick" to enable or not AutoFrameSkip, and a number of frameskip.

if Autoframeskip is enabled, the the Number is the Max number of frame to skip...

Please test and report.
Did you change the "Read Framebuffers to memory (GPU)" option to what it was in the version I mentioned?

Please test and report.
Did you change the "Read Framebuffers to memory (GPU)" option to what it was in the version I mentioned?
Yep, I tried to mess a bit with that, but I haven't tested at all. RR2 is better played with just FrameBuffer. The other options doesn't work well, and I have not tested anything else.

It randomly crashes on me when using a CPU speed of 1200 GHz and a SysSpeed of 455. One of them occurred while paused in Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX.

It randomly crashes on me when using a CPU speed of 1200 GHz and a SysSpeed of 455. One of them occurred while paused in Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX.
That's a pretty high overclock. Did it worked on build 34 with thoses settings?
Yes. It worked on Build 34 with those settings.

EDIT: Its probably one or more of the speedup options being enabled that is causing the crash.

Last edited by a moderator:

EDIT: Its probably one or more of the speedup options being enabled that is causing the crash.
Your overclocking is not stable,

If it's the maximum you can get then try it with 10 - 15 MHz less.

Maybe it's stable then.

Please test and report.
Yep, I tried to mess a bit with that, but I haven't tested at all. RR2 is better played with just FrameBuffer. The other options doesn't work well, and I have not tested anything else.
Its still slower than the "Buffered Rendering" option.

Your overclocking is not stable,

If it's the maximum you can get then try it with 10 - 15 MHz less.

Maybe it's stable then.
It didn't crash when the speedup options were unchecked.

So, what do I do with that build 35 of PPSSPP?

Do you (you == everyone that tested it) find it same of better than build 34 and worth putting it on the repo or do you find it worse than build 34 and better wait for a an other release?

Well these are the two that didn't work  well before.  But who cares really, just release it and let the people test it.  One person doesn'thave time to test lots of games.  The community is for that purpose.

I'm not in a huge hurry to publish (or not) build 35, but I just want to be sure that there is some testing done on this build.

So if you can report what has been tested and the result of it, that would help.

Back