Please help me, order still not processed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eki, you ordered from a company, they don't deliver, you want your cash back. They are out of money right now, but will get around 20K pounds in November from returned tax money. So they can refund you in around 1+ weeks. So if you wait 1 week you will get your money.

The other option would be to tell your friend at a local newspaper about this case and create attention to your problem.

Lets go for worst case and a lot of preorder people read about it and want a refund too. A lot more money would be needed, than the 20K pounds Craig will get. Craig will be out of money and his Pandora store would be out of bussisness.

But also bad for you, because if he has to refund lets say 1000 people, he can only refund 100 with the 20K pound. So you got a 1 to 10 chance to get your money back. If you wait one week (maybe a bit more) you will get it 100% back. You would hurt yourself and a company giving bad press to craig. I don't think this is your intention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not my intention to hurt craigs company.

It is my intention to notify others about others after running into a brick wall.

If this was all handled correctly I maybe would have more patience and had my console.

If it was up to others I would have sent "The legal department" in a long time ago. And here I am defending craigs company for 2 years...

Recent developments made ME to throw in the towel. It was ME who gave up. If they sent me the console before the tax authority claimed money, it would all have went very different.lv0

he; "Oh Dude, good you reminded me, I want to look into that as we are doing a piece about kickstarter projects in November that is scheduled for broadcasting in December!"
Which has nothing to do with the Pandora which was funded before kickstarter was a thing.

Yet that's what will happen, and what seems to be an implicit threat you are holding over them: "give me my refund (which I understand you don't have) or I will go to the press".

Not only that, if it is improperly done it will drag EvilDragon's and Link's companies, and Craig's other company that does the iControlPad down, opening the paper up to libel. If you're buddy really is going to go through with this and adding the Pandora to some sort of expose he needs to make absolutely certain he has every fact 100% right or he's going to screw over a LOT of innocent people. Odds are a lot of innocent people are going to get screwed over anyway, but he should at least try to minimize the casualties.

The spotty communication between Craig and his customers is just a small (albeit noteworthy) part of a larger story.

I hope that their "maticulous" research turns up the amazing saga of how 5 guys who met on the internet managed to produce the world's only multipurpose open-source handheld computer/gaming-console with no corporate funding and no million-dollar legal team despite production partners repeatedly failing to honor their contracts.

Any fair reporting about the project would include the heroic efforts of the team to overcome the many setbacks which occurred through no fault of their own.

Be sure to include a montage of actual gameplay on all the popular emulators to show at least a fraction of the capabilities of the device, and it will generate new customers which will help clear the backorder queue.

Thanks and cheers.

Getting a negative mention of a company on television or in a newspaper can only hurt said company.

If you don't want to hurt the project, and don't want to hurt your own chances of getting a refund soon, don't write to the press. Simples!

Got a reply on the refund issue.

Ive sent my bank details, they offered to refund the money to my bank account.

This is the service I want to see.

he; "Oh Dude, good you reminded me, I want to look into that as we are doing a piece about kickstarter projects in November that is scheduled for broadcasting in December!"
Which has nothing to do with the Pandora which was funded before kickstarter was a thing.

Yet that's what will happen, and what seems to be an implicit threat you are holding over them: "give me my refund (which I understand you don't have) or I will go to the press".

Not only that, if it is improperly done it will drag EvilDragon's and Link's companies, and Craig's other company that does the iControlPad down, opening the paper up to libel. If you're buddy really is going to go through with this and adding the Pandora to some sort of expose he needs to make absolutely certain he has every fact 100% right or he's going to screw over a LOT of innocent people. Odds are a lot of innocent people are going to get screwed over anyway, but he should at least try to minimize the casualties.

I dont know what world you are living in. If I pulled this stunt here in my country I would prolly be sitting in jail for embazzlement/fraude.I understand tho. When I am not heard, I am the type of person who makes he will be heard. I am putting my fingers on sore spots since the day I was born. I know people tend to not like that. As far as that kickstarter project. Maybe I am misinformed, and Craig has no such project. If he has. Dont you think someones past isnt relevant?

As far as that kickstarter project. Maybe I am misinformed, and Craig has no such project. If he has. Dont you think someones past isnt relevant?
There is unlikely to be another kickstarter (after the successful iCP2 one) until the P2 is ready, which will be a looong time in the future.

1. No-one says what Craig is doing is good, maybe its illegal/immorral/suchlike. That doesn't affect the fact that bad publicity will make the situation worse.
  2. The press are unlikely to be interested in a tiny company with financial difficulties unrelated to kickstarter.

I dont know what world you are living in.
Obviously a more optimistic, more appaeling one

If I pulled this stunt here in my country I would prolly be sitting in jail for embazzlement/fraude.
highly unlikely

I understand tho. When I am not heard, I am the type of person who makes he will be heard. I am putting my fingers on sore spots since the day I was born. I know people tend to not like that.
maybe they don't like that because in a societal context it is considered ill behaviour ?

I dont know what world you are living in. If I pulled this stunt here in my country I would prolly be sitting in jail for embazzlement/fraude.
No you wouldn't. Running out of money isn't the same as embezzlement. Craig has not committed any crimes, he has simply broken a contract. I don't know what world YOU are living in, but in mine breaking a contract is a civil problem. There is nothing that has occurred that could ever result in someone being arrested. As a customer it is totally within your right to contact a lawyer and threaten to open a class action suit against him for this broken contract, but that won't result in him going to jail, all it will do is result in him declaring bankruptcy, you will not get your money back, you will not get a Pandora, and you will have wasted money on a lawyer: many people will be pissed off because none of them will get their refunds or consoles either.

When I am not heard, I am the type of person who makes he will be heard. I am putting my fingers on sore spots since the day I was born. I know people tend to not like that.
There's a difference between making your voice heard, and making threats to do something that will absolutely make things worse than they already are, not just for the person involved but for those that have no direct involvement in the situation at hand: you're effectively throwing a temper tantrum and rejecting all requests for calm discourse.

As far as that kickstarter project. Maybe I am misinformed, and Craig has no such project. If he has. Dont you think someones past isnt relevant?
He does, he just completed the iCP2 kickstarter. It is an entirely different company, however. When choosing to invest in a kickstarter project, the companies past should absolutely be a consideration, including what a person may have done at another company, but the implications you made about your friend writing his article isn't one of suggestion on what to invest in or what to avoid, it seems entirely about kickstarter itself, and either projects that do well or projects that have done poorly; the iCP2 kickstarter has not yet had any problems, the only reason to include it in such an article would be simply to bring up the problems that have been going on with the Pandora. If your friend writes the article as described, bringing in the iCP2 kickstarter for no other reason than to badmouth the Pandora, his paper runs a major risk of inviting a libel suit from Product 3 LLC, plus Link's and EvilDragon's respective companies. If he honestly thinks the problems the Pandora project have are news worthy then he should write an article on the Pandora project, well researched and fully documented, not write about something completely seperate from the issues and drag the irrelevant history out.

November has passed. No refund of any kind. Glad I didnt held my breath.

Bad publicity?

You dont deliver

You dont let people know what the timeframe is. And even after this is made known to you through numerous complaints, you are giving timeframes which you dont follow up on.

Worst company I ever came in contact with in my life. And im telling it to everyone I know.

And LOL. legal fees... I only have to pay when I lose. There are European laws which have been broken. Not from my side, though.

DO NOT BUY FROM THE UK BRANCH!

email sent, again.

Worst company I ever came in contact with in my life. And im telling it to everyone I know. And LOL. legal fees... I only have to pay when I lose. There are European laws which have been broken. Not from my side, though.
How does that help? OP ltd customer service is dreadful, but there isn't a lot anyone can do to fix that right now.

DO NOT BUY FROM THE UK BRANCH!
This may be good advice

There are European laws which have been broken. Not from my side, though.
Again, no there haven't. Assuming Craig hasn't lied about running out of money he has broken absolutely no law. He's violated contracts, and if you really want to there are legal avenues that you can pursue on that front, but he's done nothing that could result in him being arrested.

Worst company I ever came in contact with in my life. And im telling it to everyone I know.
Make sure you've got the right set of facts. If you're misspeaking and that provably costs sales then you risk slander/libel charges being pressed against you. Like insisting that Craig is committing fraud, that's potentially libel.

Later (february 2012) I emailed Michael Mrozek. I began to have some hope again, but untill today I have heard nothing.

No point emailing Michael for an OpenPandora LTD refund. We just close these cases as they have nothing to do with him

Probably cause you came in threatening media exposure, I wouldn't be surprised if you were pushed to the bottom of the refund queue! You got served. Idiot!..

Probably cause you came in threatening media exposure, I wouldn't be surprised if you were pushed to the bottom of the refund queue! You got served. Idiot!..
Is this a joke?

Moaning to the press is one of the stupidest this anyone could do to the current circumstances.

I Highly doubt Craig would be as nasty as you suggest.

There are European laws which have been broken. Not from my side, though.
Again, no there haven't. Assuming Craig hasn't lied about running out of money he has broken absolutely no law. He's violated contracts, and if you really want to there are legal avenues that you can pursue on that front, but he's done nothing that could result in him being arrested.

Make sure you've got the right set of facts. If you're misspeaking and that provably costs sales then you risk slander/libel charges being pressed against you. Like insisting that Craig is committing fraud, that's potentially libel.

Where do I say craig is commiting fraud? Absolutely nowhere. I had my obligations, and I fulfilled them. It is craig that time and time again neglects his obligations.

And regarding the word of mouth craig is generating, he does a great job himself that is costing him sales.

Ive emailed evildragon a few times, and within a few days I have a reply. With craig, well... not.

I just wish I had ordered from Germany 2,5 years ago.

Next month I am going to the police and I am getting legal advice. (Im insured for that, so why not make use of it?), its time to take matters in my own hand.

Redacted........ a little.. :p

Stay out of this thread if you cannot be a decent part of the discussion. I dont mind people arguing with me. (With arguments that is)

But what you are doing (calling names, oneliners) is weak and prooves you are not putting an effort in to really take part in this discussion.

eki, did you know that major amounts of money were lost due to suppliers not fulfilling their contractual obligations? These were the main causes of the financial problems.

There is a plan to fund refunds and preorders with ongoing sales and donations, but this will take time to sort out. This is very much a community effort and requires that we all pull together to help out, and not instigate fights that only hurt everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back