Trying to get my pre-order refunded

I'm wondering who's dick I have to suck to find out how far down the list I am? Order placed on 12/11/2009.

Did you receive the Email from ED? He has an offer for people who ordered from craig:

He has a few mainboards and cpus left, he would give away for free. You would just have to pay for the monitor, the nubs, the keymat, the speakers and the case. The assembly work is free, too. This is around 100$ for a fully working Classic Pandora. I don't know if there are any left. Also you can get a very big discount (around 50%) for a Ghz Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
but why.. just send this girl to Craig..

slanesuck.jpg

I don't expect you to read my original post in this thread, so I'll summarize-

I was interested in this device four years ago when I ordered it. I was travelling a lot for my self-employment and something like this appealed to me. I don't travel any more, I make shit pay at my job, and I'd much rather have the money back. If I could get a Classic, right now, I might consider it after doing some research on how those turned out (if I don't like it, I could always sell it on eBay). I can't afford to pay another cent towards this.

Did you receive the Email from ED? He has an offer for people who ordered from craig:

He has a few mainboards and cpus left, he would give away for free. You would just have to pay for the monitor, the nubs, the keymat, the speakers and the case. The assembly work is free, too. This is around 100$ for a fully working Classic Pandora. I don't know if there are any left. Also you can get a very big discount (around 50%) for a Ghz Pandora.

Yeah, that's right.  Craig's backlog is being slowly worked through thanks to the generosity of members of this community.

However, if you responded to the survey that you can't afford to spend another penny/cent/yen/fen/whatever then you've put yourself towards the back end of the queue, past all the people that did pledge more money.  It's a shame it had to work out that way, but it's the only real way to get more pandoras out there - it was seen as unlikely that there'd even be enough money to fulfil all of the old orders (although recent bouts of generosity to the donation bucket make me wonder about that).

I'm not sure where we are in the queue at the moment.  Last I remember hearing nearly all of the $200 pledgers had been offered their pandoras, but that was a while back.

Just to provide some more depressing context for those of you who are wondering what the odds of getting your money back are - I cancelled my pre-order in August, 2011, and still haven't gotten a single euro back. Since I cancelled I have gotten a response every three months or so from Jacquelyn (and a couple from EvilDragon) telling me to wait or asking me if I got the money, respectively. Neither of them have been able to get me my refund though for the last one and a half years. Of course there's no good reason for keeping somebody's money for that long, but there's not much I can do except to ask to please give me back my money, and hope for the best.
Technically, correct there is no good reason for them keeping your money. Which is why they didn't, the money was spent on production costs and ultimately defective boards when CC crewed the hootch.

The unfortunate truth is that you're lucky they didn't just cancel out your order along with all the other orders and declare bankruptcy. Same for me, I'm lucky they kept going and producing units so I could make the upgrade. The original preorders were on the basis that things might go terribly wrong and anybody who bought later should have known that things were not going the way that they should.

But, it's a complete mischaracterization to suggest that they just have piles of money sitting around with which to pay off preorders. They're paying off the cancellations as they have money. The situation sucks, but it's really not accurate to suggest that they're just arbitrarily sitting on money.
This is wrong. There is no they. Evildragons company is different from craigs company.

Craigs company messed up the contract with CC. ED being nice and effectivly giving away units at production cost and under to customers that arent his own is not to do with craigs business practice. People that upgraded with craig, well we know what happened to them...

ED has delivered all the preorders and manages to run a company with profit _despite_ craig doing whatever he can to sink ships.

Just to provide some more depressing context for those of you who are wondering what the odds of getting your money back are - I cancelled my pre-order in August, 2011, and still haven't gotten a single euro back. Since I cancelled I have gotten a response every three months or so from Jacquelyn (and a couple from EvilDragon) telling me to wait or asking me if I got the money, respectively. Neither of them have been able to get me my refund though for the last one and a half years. Of course there's no good reason for keeping somebody's money for that long, but there's not much I can do except to ask to please give me back my money, and hope for the best.
Technically, correct there is no good reason for them keeping your money. Which is why they didn't, the money was spent on production costs and ultimately defective boards when CC crewed the hootch.

The unfortunate truth is that you're lucky they didn't just cancel out your order along with all the other orders and declare bankruptcy. Same for me, I'm lucky they kept going and producing units so I could make the upgrade. The original preorders were on the basis that things might go terribly wrong and anybody who bought later should have known that things were not going the way that they should.

But, it's a complete mischaracterization to suggest that they just have piles of money sitting around with which to pay off preorders. They're paying off the cancellations as they have money. The situation sucks, but it's really not accurate to suggest that they're just arbitrarily sitting on money.
This is wrong. There is no they. Evildragons company is different from craigs company.

Craigs company messed up the contract with CC. ED being nice and effectivly giving away units at production cost and under to customers that arent his own is not to do with craigs business practice. People that upgraded with craig, well we know what happened to them...

ED has delivered all the preorders and manages to run a company with profit _despite_ craig doing whatever he can to sink ships.
The project was a joint effort. Which was a tremendous part of the problem as you had 3 different stores that were owed units out of the production and handling their own queues. They collectively could have canceled the entire production when they ran out of preorder money.

Had ED not possessed super human morality, it's likely that he would have folded along with Craig as the original orders didn't provide any guarantees that things wouldn't go pear shaped.

I am no longer receiving responses from openpandorasales@gmail.com. The person responsible for handling these emails is blatently ignoring them. Has it seriously gotten to this point now?

The "joint effort" side of things, as you describe them, was never the problem. The things craig was involved in, for the responsibilities that he had, a failure from start to finish.

Back