Pics From Mweston: Silk Screen Design

Thanks pelrun.

The reason why I asked is I was just questioning the rendered image of the pandora. I should of been more specific in my first post.

Jason

haptagud said:
Undecided on "First Batch" though I love the idea of differentiating the first batch from all the others.

Does the power switch need the HOLD of lock symbol? Sorry for asking but I thought this was just an on/off switch. If there is a hold or lock switch would a padlock not be a cleaner way of showing this?
Not too big on the "First Batch" text... not too big on the Pandora logo with the 1 hovering on it, either. How about just the Pandora logo somewhere in that vicinity? If the 2nd batch and on don't have it, it should easily differentiate the first batch from all the others, and still look classy.

"First Batch" sounds a bit like cookies to me, and while I like the idea that it was cooked up from scratch, the idea that it's for homebrew kinda lends itself to "First Brew" lol. Could we toy around with what could be put there? I have a few ideas, but I don't want to step on anyones' toes.

I'm ok with "HOLD" or a lock symbol. Most of my electronics with a hold switch have the "HOLD" text, so I'm pretty used to it. The lock symbol seems to be used where there's no space for it.

Oh, and on the subject of the Bluetooth symbol, it seems free to use, so long as you license it from them under certain conditions, as per this site:
Can anyone use the Bluetooth word mark and logos?
The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG and licensed out for use. Anyone wanting to use the trademark for commercial purposes must be licensed to use it. To become licensed, you need to register for membership with the Bluetooth SIG. Adopter membership is a free level of membership, but requires you to agree to the Bluetooth Trademark Licensing Agreement, thus allowing you to use the marks for commercial purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind the text "first batch", but I personally dislike the location (and font). It's too prominent there, and I'd much prefer it to go on the bottom, say, with a serial number. I'm not a fan of the 1 on top of the logo, though I'd be OK with a 1 inside a square. If it's not possible to do for just the first 4,000, then it sullies the meaning of "first batch" and isn't worth it, IMHO. Otherwise, I like the idea of having some other marking, but not at the expense of sticking it in such a hugely visible location. On the other hand, at this point finishing it would be a higher priority to me, so if changing this would create additional delays, then just leave it.

-Tj- said:
How about just the Pandora logo somewhere in that vicinity? If the 2nd batch and on don't have it, it should easily differentiate the first batch from all the others, and still look classy.
Oooo, I like this idea. Its mere existence denotes its place in history, it doesn't need to be emphasized with "frist" or anything.

I like the "First Batch" idea, but I'd rather the text say, "Two Months," as this would be a great inside joke for all of us, and represent the teams triumph over the phrase.

How about a Pandora logo with all or some of the straight line segments replaced by roman numeral 1's? I think it could be made to look clean and monumental at the same time, compare it to fixedsys font.

I'm not opposed to anything the team might decide on as the mark for "first batchness". However, a suggestion, perhaps the month and year of production "09.10" or some such, kinda like how Ubuntu numbers it's revisions.

2wodleb.jpg

I know it's 2 tone, but yeah.

mindlord said:
I'm not opposed to anything the team might decide on as the mark for "first batchness". However, a suggestion, perhaps the month and year of production "09.10" or some such, kinda like how Ubuntu numbers it's revisions.

God I hope its out before Sep 2010! ;)

fishybawb said:
It's cool from a collector's point of view, and if there turn out to be hideous hardware problems, lets you know which ones to avoid when you're buying them on eBay
tongue.gif

Or to interpret the image as a "middle finger" to the customer. :p

I like TJ's idea, but I'd want the first batch symbol by the hinge rather than directly under the screen....or are we all just getting a little well demanding for such a minor detail?

I like that last one, with Pandora under the screen and a 1 in the logo left to it. I hope I can still get one of these...

TJSomething said:
I made this logo thing. It's pretty big. Here's a vector version.
Pandora-Logo_first.png

I think this design is the best idea yet, if the Dev team decided to go with "first Batch" or a similar sentence wouldn't some reviewers/customers/gamers etc wonder if it's called the "PANDORA FIRST BATCH" or the "PANDORA CUBE FIRST BATCH", this may create a bit of uncertainty amongst some people, the idea could of course get out of hand and become a joke maybe depending on the reviewer? I dunno, I think the Pandora Cube with a 1 inside it has more subtlety, and would convey that it's from the 1st batch, then a 2, 3, and so on.

Back