Picodrive 1.51

Manjuu said:
[offtopic] Is a gpfce update coming soon?
Currently not, I'll probably get back to it to port it to Pandora, if that will still be needed.

Uukrul said:
Any chance of uploading the source code?
Yes, but only after some undefined period of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! But i have a problem with savestate... i can't load any game saved, after loading it, i have a black screen on all game, i have this thing with GPsP too (but i just can't save with it), all other emulator work fine and i have enough space on the SD.

Just wondering if there's a "bug" in PicoDrive: Now in SonicCD, when I hit certain obstacles, the status (the number of rings, time, lifes, etc.) disappears for a short blink...

notaz said:
As for perfect becoming "perfecter", the project is complex enough to be improved and optimized to death, there are still plenty of things to improve. But i'll leave it as is for a while, and move on to something more Pandora related.
Pandora.. that is good. Although I still hope there is a few things left for GP2X as the Pandora is a long way off yet (for us) , but not sure what it would be as Picodrive is pretty great.

I did notice that the music in Road Rash CD skips when changing screens. I don't know if it is a bug. Maybe I just have a dodgy rip? Thanks again for the great emu.

QuasaR said:
Just wondering if there's a "bug" in PicoDrive: Now in SonicCD, when I hit certain obstacles, the status (the number of rings, time, lifes, etc.) disappears for a short blink...
Could you elaborate more? When you hit what obstacles, the ones which damage you and you loose rings?

The level is called "Collision Chaos - Zone 2". The objects are looking like glass discs and one will hear a "broken glass" sound when Sonic hits them. They're quite at the beginning of the level. The status disappears in every graphic mode (8-bit fast, accurate and 16-bit accurate).
Another "bug" seems to be in PicoDrive: When I load a Sega CD game and fastly hit SELECT to get to the menu, choose now load state (the back ground image changes according to the savestate) and select one, PicoDrive freezes.

Now that you have managed to get every game running at fullspeed at only 190MHz (it seems your 200MHz was modesty :p) Is there any chance at all you would consider 32X support? :)

Regardless congratulations on another great update to PicoDrive :)

QuasaR said:
The level is called "Collision Chaos - Zone 2". The objects are looking like glass discs and one will hear a "broken glass" sound when Sonic hits them. They're quite at the beginning of the level. The status disappears in every graphic mode (8-bit fast, accurate and 16-bit accurate).
I've checked that on PC emus, and they act the same. Probably game bug, but I can't check it on the real hardware.

Hey, maybe somebody has a unused Sega CD laying around? One would really help, as it would allow me to run tests without the costly flash-cart..

QuasaR said:
Another "bug" seems to be in PicoDrive: When I load a Sega CD game and fastly hit SELECT to get to the menu, choose now load state (the back ground image changes according to the savestate) and select one, PicoDrive freezes.
Couldn't reproduce that one.

PokeParadox said:
Is there any chance at all you would consider 32X support? :)
It is already considered and even more then that, it just needs a bit of work to complete. But I'm currenly moving to something else for a while, once again.

Notaz, you never cease to amaze me with how much you're able to get our slightly aging (but still fairly spry) handheld to do.

Many thanks :).

I love this emulator, one of my favs. I use the one for psp though.

Notaz, please please please add ad-hoc 2 player support for the psp, its the only reason I still keep my dgen emulator. Its only thing were really missing!

QuasaR said:
I couldn't see anything wrong there. Tested with Sonic CD (US). No disappearing of the Status when hitting the Glass Discs. The game works 100% normal for me. Tested in every Rendering mode. Maybe we are using different CD Bios Versions? Do you have enabled "Accurate Timing/sprites" etc?

notaz said:
PokeParadox said:
It is already considered and even more then that, it just needs a bit of work to complete.

Nice! :eek: Really amazingly news. I can't await it...

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
notaz said:
PokeParadox said:
It is already considered and even more then that, it just needs a bit of work to complete.

Nice! :eek: Really amazingly news. I can't await it...

Regards,
Stephan

Maybe he's talking about a Pandora Version of Picodrive? ^_^

I think it doesn't matter which version of PicoDrive notaz is referring to. 32x support on a handheld console is always a good news since it's one of my favourite game systems...

Regards,
Stephan

Don't get overexcited, dynarec (the hardest part) hasn't been even started, so it's still months away, and may still never get finished. By "a bit" I meant "a lot" really, and I regret posting that at all now.

notaz said:
Don't get overexcited, dynarec (the hardest part) hasn't been even started, so it's still months away, and may still never get finished. By "a bit" I meant "a lot" really, and I regret posting that at all now.
Hmm, there is no need to regret. A "when it's done" schedule is OK for me too... ;)
Good look for your upcoming projects!

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
I think it doesn't matter which version of PicoDrive notaz is referring to. 32x support on a handheld console is always a good news since it's one of my favourite game systems...

Regards,
Stephan
True. I only thought, onto the Pandora 32X Emulation is much more easy beacuse of the more powerful Hardware than onto the GP2X. :) Maybe some of the OMAP 3D Features can help to speed up 32X Emulation but I don't know details about the way, 32X hardware works. Would be great if this wouldn't be pure software Emulation like onto the GP2X.

Back