Picodrive 1.51

@grahf

Exactly. The 32x addon adds two powerfull CPU to the Genesis. There is no 3D hardware. The only advantage the Pandora has is a more powerfull CPU.

Regards,
Stephan

i love this emulator but i've found some problem on this version.
in some games, sprites are showed inaccurately.
(e.g, in "World Heroes", map screen after selecting character)
on previous version,1.40c, that problem doesn't exist.
i expect this bug fixed in next release.

notaz said:
Don't get overexcited, dynarec (the hardest part) hasn't been even started, so it's still months away, and may still never get finished. By "a bit" I meant "a lot" really, and I regret posting that at all now.
heh, should have pm'd me an answer then :p
Anyway I'm glad to hear you have done some work on it even if it doesn't show up in the short term. But obviously do what keep you interested :)

Last edited by a moderator:
MEGADETH said:
i love this emulator but i've found some problem on this version.
in some games, sprites are showed inaccurately.
(e.g, in "World Heroes", map screen after selecting character)
on previous version,1.40c, that problem doesn't exist.
i expect this bug fixed in next release.

Wow, I thought only paying customers could demand such things.

I could be wrong, And this could be a language related statement, As in, English is not
your native tongue, But it still looks like a demand.

Trooper

trooper said:
I could be wrong, And this could be a language related statement, As in, English is not
your native tongue, But it still looks like a demand.
I think he probably means something like "I assume, because you always tend to fix bugs very fast, this will probably be fixed in the next release".
What I did miss what a sign of gratitude like "thank you many for the good labor"

Grz- said:
Great! But i have a problem with savestate... i can't load any game saved, after loading it, i have a black screen on all game
Try waiting to you are past the BIOS screens.

Thanks for bug fixed release!:)
it's the most perfect emulator running on GP2X, i guess.

Hey I made this wallpaper for the picodrive: (one with text one without)

background.png

background-1.png

if anyone else wants to use it just replace background.png with this file.

Nice. I like it, bboyneko.

@notaz

Thanks for the fast update.

Regards,
Stephan

Hi there all fellow picodrive fans out there , how are you doing ?

*cover for necromancy*

ehm、

I have been into sonic hackroms lately and spending time with brilliant hacks such as sonic 1 extended edition and sonic 2 long version etc. I also heard the one called " sonic 1 megamix" also has a good reputation and decided to try that... but the rom file itself is a .iso file in a zip and unsure if picodrive supports that. I somehow remember a person saying he loves playing that hack on picodrive,and...

Any info ?

Thanks for the info. It was the first time I saw a genesis rom in .iso format and a bit confused.

By the way , how do you guys play ISS Deluxe ? It needs 4 buttons (dash,pass,long pass,shoot) but picodrive only has 3 buttons mapped (and no option about it on options menu , although I am sure I saw something like "6 button pad" on a previous version).

Kinda reminds me of the time when I was playing PES3 on pc with a friend , who was using a joystick(yep) cause his gamepad was broken , then in the game 2 of the joystick"s buttons were stuck and he was limited to pass and shoot... :eek:

As an addition I must say I am really impressed by picodrive"s compatibility with hackroms , even most crazy ones run great...

Alghazanth said:
Thanks for the info. It was the first time I saw a genesis rom in .iso format and a bit confused.
It is Sega CD image, really.

Alghazanth said:
By the way , how do you guys play ISS Deluxe ? It needs 4 buttons (dash,pass,long pass,shoot) but picodrive only has 3 buttons mapped (and no option about it on options menu , although I am sure I saw something like "6 button pad" on a previous version).
It was moved to "configure controls".

Love the Bin/cue to CSO/mp3 conversion tool. It is working great!

I do have a question...Has anyone been able to play Book 2 in the Shining Force? I have completed book 1 w/o problems. In Book 2 the screen freezes right after the intro scene when a character attempts to leave. I have tried 2 diff't bin/cue files in iso/mp3 format and cso/mp3 format. No luck. The music continues to play. Any help would be appreciated.

-Rob

Back