Picodrive 1.56

notaz

Certified Guru
Website
notaz.gp2x.de
Finally after some weeks of polishing it's done. I wanted to have it released a few months ago but only now at 3AM (local time) I feel happy enough for it to go. Thanks to whoever did the original port for letting me avoid releasing unfinished version :)

Among new things from unofficial release is improved performance (sometimes greatly), Virtua Racing and Sega Pico support, tearing fix, proper support for cue/bin and wav for SegaCD, and loads of bugfixes and tweaks of course. Another new thing is that the same binary supports F100/F200 and Wiz, so if You have F100/F200 lying around you can just pop the same SD card and run this same version there.

UPDATE: new bugfix release (1.56):
  • Changed sync in Sega CD emulation again. Should fix games that broke after changes in 1.51a.
  • Fixed default keys rebinding when they shouldn't.
  • Fixed sram being loaded from wrong game.
  • Emu should no longer hang shortly after using fast-forward.
  • Fixed save states sometimes no longer showing up in save state menu.
  • ARM: some asm code refactoring for slight speed improvement.
download here and enjoy!

Sonic CD actually loads music, emulator seems optimised, clock timing actually work, tearing resolved.
Yup, this is a damn good release, better than the first one by miles, cheers! :D

RupeeClock said:
Sonic CD actually loads music, emulator seems optimised, clock timing actually work, tearing resolved.
Yup, this is a damn good release, better than the first one by miles, cheers! :D

music for sonic CD seemed to work fine for me. am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks much Notaz, another great release.

Thanks for the great work, you make the Wiz much better.

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
RupeeClock said:

music for sonic CD seemed to work fine for me. am I missing something?
Oh, I tried Sonic CD on 1.35 and some music wouldn't play. Exact same image worked properly on 1.55, that's all.

[sup][/sup]I've been waiting for recent version of picodrive, thanx, notaz.
many improvements including tearing fix are really nice.
but, a small bug bothers me a little.
I usually turn on 6-pad setting, so i have to use all-wiz keys including L, R ,Y as genesis's X, Y, Z.
coz L, R buttons are mapped as save states & load states in default emulator key settings,
I have to remove this setting by remapping L, R buttons as blank in emulator key settings. (and remap as genesis's X, Y, or Z..so on)
after remapping, I saved general settings. now, L, R keys are no more save states & load states keys.
but, when i once exit picodrive and reenter picodrive, keys settings are not the same.
in game key settings are all right. L, R buttons are mapped as genesis's X, Y like i did before.
however, in emulator key settings, L, R buttons are mapped as save states & load states again. (I obviously mapped those buttons as blank!)
those settings are not saved despite of many trials.

MEGADETH said:
however, in emulator key settings, L, R buttons are mapped as save states & load states again. (I obviously mapped those buttons as blank!)
those settings are not saved despite of many trials.
Thanks for the report. I'll do a bugfix release after more reports come, for now you will have to clear binds every time or open config.cfg with a text editor and add
Code:
bind L =
bind R =
just after "input0 = gp2x:GP2X pad".

I can't get the Sega CD bios to work. I got the us_scd2_9306.bin and put it in the main directory as the readme says, but when I try to start up a game it says that the bios file is not found. I've tried many bios files and none of them seem to work...

originalz said:
I can't get the Sega CD bios to work. I got the us_scd2_9306.bin and put it in the main directory as the readme says, but when I try to start up a game it says that the bios file is not found. I've tried many bios files and none of them seem to work...
Your game might be from different region and need different BIOS, for example eu_mcd1_9210 for EU game. Also make sure file name case matches exactly.

Well done on another excellent update.
I've managed to get Sonic CD to work on this release. (I couldn't on the last one!)
Everything runs perfectly apart from the music, it won't start or it keeps cutting out. (The only way to get it to play is to pause then unpause the emulator?)
I'm using an iso and 34 mp3s. (02-35) (In one folder)
Am I doing something wrong or has anybody else had this problem?

Sonic CD works great for me. No problems with the sound. How are your sound files encoded? Constant bit rate MP3s at 96 or 128kbps are recommended. Important is that the files are encoded in 44.1 kHz.

Notaz is a God from Lithuania :eek:

Please Notaz, update your Nes emulator (GPFCE) for Wiz, add full scale and CPU clock seletor (to underclock) and other improvements that only you can do.

Thanks from Brazil, i love you ^_^

notaz said:
Finally after some weeks of polishing it's done. I wanted to have it released a few months ago but only now at 3AM (local time) I feel happy enough for it to go. Thanks to whoever did the original port for letting me avoid releasing unfinished version :)

Among new things from unofficial release is improved performance (sometimes greatly), Virtua Racing and Sega Pico support, tearing fix, proper support for cue/bin and wav for SegaCD, and loads of bugfixes and tweaks of course. Another new thing is that the same binary supports F100/F200 and Wiz, so if You have F100/F200 lying around you can just pop the same SD card and run this same version there.

download here and enjoy!

Flabbergasted - being able to use the same binary on the gp2x and the gp2x Wiz is a good thing.
- no diagonal tearing on the Wiz, ultra smooth genesis/megadrive action

I think I've just gotten myself a software Nomad with incredible battery life. Notaz, thank you!
Do you accept paypal donations? If yes, please PM me and let me know. This deserves a personal thank you!

Back