Picodrive 1.14

EvilDragon posted on Feb 7 2007 at 01:31 AM said:
Hm at tried Snatcher. Crashes after the "fictional story blahblah"- screen... any ideas?

Experienced this issue before I switched to using the model 1 BIOS (was using the model 2 BIOS).

Last edited by a moderator:
epitaph posted on Feb 7 2007 at 07:28 PM said:
Hm at tried Snatcher. Crashes after the "fictional story blahblah"- screen... any ideas?

Experienced this issue before I switched to using the model 1 BIOS (was using the model 2 BIOS).

I have all the bios in the folder but the emu choose 9306 (v2.0 i think) and i don´t have that problem.

Didn't work for me :(

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Feb 8 2007 at 01:11 AM said:

Didn't work for me :(

If you want i can help you by PM.
It´s a pitty you can´t enjoy this great game.

a little off topic but i have a mega CD and sonic cd , how do i convert it to an iso or a file that picodrive can use??

Sega CD games can be ripped using any ISO ripper, the tweak here is that the emulator won't read any of the CDA tracks, so you should rip those to MP3 instead and strip them out of the ISO. Basically you need an ISO of the first track of the CD and rip the rest of the tracks to 128kbps/44kHz mp3s and name them as described in the readme.

Just tried this emulator, it's great :D Sonic CD YAY!

shinneri posted on Feb 8 2007 at 06:17 AM said:
Does the iso work on a PC emulator?

Yes. I now got the ISO from the evil gp2x torrent site (since I gave up ripping it from my own CD...) - and it still crashes after the intro... maybe a setting in the emulator?

Last edited:
@EvilDragon

Hmm, I dont't think so, but look at these settings:

Settings1.jpg
Settings2.jpg
Settings3.jpg

I advise checking bios and overclocking (RAM Timing) once again.

Regards,
Stephan

First of all, i ´d recomend to deactivate scale 32 column mode if you want to see the games at the correct aspect ratio and not overclock to the limit of you GP2X.

My options:

Renderer:16 bit accurate
Accurate timing: ON
Accurate Sprites: ON
I use bios 9306 for USA.

The rest of my settings are like SBOCK ones.

The only setting different for me was the turned off PCM sound.
Works now. Didn't think it could be that.

SunSpire posted on Feb 5 2007 at 09:53 PM said:
Would it be possible to add an option for changing
the volume of sound effects and MP3 music seperately? Because often times the effects are just too loud
when you turn the volume high enough to actually hear the background music clearly. This is something
I have noticed in many emulators, the jumping sounds of Mario and Sonic are just an example. Turning
the effects' volume a bit down without affecting the music would be rad! :)

"SunSpire"

"BUMP"

@ notaz:
Sorry, but I really wanna know :)

"SunSpire"

EvilDragon posted on Feb 10 2007 at 03:21 AM said:
The only setting different for me was the turned off PCM sound.
Works now. Didn't think it could be that.
Enjoy the game :)

shinneri posted on Feb 10 2007 at 07:05 AM said:
So has anyone tried Heart of the Alien?
Me, it works but you can´t see anything , but it sounds, you can hear how they kill you :D

SunSpire posted on Feb 10 2007 at 05:45 AM said:
"BUMP"

@ notaz:
Sorry, but I really wanna know :)

"SunSpire"

notaz posted on Feb 6 2007 at 12:33 AM said:
SunSpire posted on Feb 5 2007 at 11:53 PM said:
To that I have a question notaz, would it be possible to add an option for changing
the volume of sound effects and MP3 music seperately?
yes it would, but I don't think this is a priority, there are many other things to do.

In addition, there are 15 different audio sources in total:
  • 1 channel from SN76496 (PSG)
  • 5 channels from YM2612 (FM) (or 4FM + 1DAC)
  • 8 channels from PCM
  • 1 CDDA
Adding volume control for every channel would be a lot of work and slow everything down.
Adding control for groups would be easier, but it would still slow things down, because there is no hardware mixing and scaling volume would require either float multiplication (slow on ARM) or integer division (also slow).

SunSpire posted on Feb 5 2007 at 10:53 PM said:
To that I have a question notaz, would it be possible to add an option for changing
the volume of sound effects and MP3 music seperately? Because often times the effects are just too loud
when you turn the volume high enough to actually hear the background music clearly.

Have you tried reencoding the mp3s at a boosted volume?

So you did reply to this before? I must have overlooked it, really sorry about that!

Thank you for answering my question, notaz. People wouldn't want less speed for more options so it's better to leave the volume control as it is, no big deal at all just something I was curious about. What jegub said is good too, re-encoding the mp3's might actually help a little, but turning off the YM sound emulation and play pcm and mp3 sound only is easier, hehe ...

"SunSpire"

Back