Picodrive 1.14

i was goin to try road avenger but it said it would take 55 mins to transfer it to my gp2x!!! I need to skleep and get up in less than 3 hours !!!! :(

Edit: Ive uploaded a video of bari arm but its still saying processing so check -----> HERE later to see it . I better goto bed !!! night night

wow! snatcher plays great!

Star Wars Chess - works, but doesn't display the board or pieces
Wheel of Fortune - runs, but doesn't display anything other than garbage, and there's a constant annoying 'ring'

BobBorakovitz posted on Feb 4 2007 at 10:54 PM said:
Didn't know that was on Sega CD--I loved that on PC!

Also, I'm not getting any music at all now on Sonic CD. Do I have to rename the files or delete old saves or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
shinneri posted on Feb 4 2007 at 11:07 PM said:

Also, I'm not getting any music at all now on Sonic CD. Do I have to rename the files or delete old saves or something?

You have to rename the music files ... it's in the readme.

Give me a PM ... I have information :ph34r:

ANYWAY ...

I have a question; does it matter which BIOS we use?

I got the games to run using "us_scd2_9306.bin", but noticed the 'bootup sound' wasn't familiar to me .. so I got "us_scd1_9210.bin" and heard the familiar old bootsound. It literally brought a tear to my eye; my Wife got us a Sega CD for our first Christmas as a married couple; we had like ZERO money and barley made the rent and groceries, yet she scrimped and saved to get us this wonder of new technology ... ah the memories ... * wipes tear *

... so does it matter? I know there are 3 releases of the BIOS, but I like the old one B)

Who Shot Johnny Rock is one big step closer to working!

The graphics are completely screwed up, but the audio plays and when you press buttons the game reacts properly. The graphics just appear as a couple of corrupt pixely blobs on a black background, and they flicker different colours a bit, but otherwise the blobs stay in the same spot.

Other than for the complete and total graphical corruption, the game appears to work...

Snatcher hangs at the "Act 1"-screen for me (after staying blank for a long while instead of displaying the part of the intro where the turbocycle flies towards the Konami Omni Building). Haven't tried any other games so far, I'll do that once I've gotten some sleep.

Edit: uhm, weird... now it works, just hung there for a loooong while.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 4 2007 at 11:28 PM said:
shinneri posted on Feb 4 2007 at 11:07 PM said:

You have to rename the music files ... it's in the readme.

Give me a PM ... I have information :ph34r:
Thanks, I got it. I had already renamed the files, but for some reason, the new version set my CDDA audio to 'OFF.' Turning it on did the trick. :)

grahf posted on Feb 4 2007 at 11:59 PM said:
Wow, simply amazing. I remember not too long ago when everyone though SegaCD emulation would be impossible on the 2x. Now here it is running at incredible speed.

I agree, my GP2X is my most beloved gaming system, not even my 360 gets this much attention

Notaz, do you want any reports of bugs in regular Genesis emulation? If so, I've got a little bug to report. Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition (US rom) will crash to a black screen after the first round of a fight, right after the score is counted. It worked fine in previous versions.

Thank you for the excellent emulator!

o_O Incredible , SNATCHER runs fullspeed even at 200 mhz :)
I´m the happiest man on earth just right now ^_^
No problems at the moment in the game.

Thank you very much NOTAZ!

Excellent work. I thing I vote PicoDrive for best emulator ever. With playing Snatcher on my GP2x my dreams come true...
Thank you, notaz!

Regards,
Stephan

duderoo posted on Feb 5 2007 at 09:56 AM said:
Notaz, do you want any reports of bugs in regular Genesis emulation? If so, I've got a little bug to report. Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition (US rom) will crash to a black screen after the first round of a fight, right after the score is counted. It worked fine in previous versions.
This is normal, because some genesis emulation code had to be disabled for CD stuff to work (will be merged back in later). That's why this version is uploaded separately in the archives, so use 0.964 for Genesis.

notaz posted on Feb 5 2007 at 09:46 AM said:
This is normal, because some genesis emulation code had to be disabled for CD stuff to work (will be merged back in later). That's why this version is uploaded separately in the archives, so use 0.964 for Genesis.

Would it be better to just have completely separate emulators, that way you don't have to worry about Genesis compatibility later? PicoDrive and PicoDriveCD.

GunPei2X posted on Feb 5 2007 at 09:22 PM said:
Would it be better to just have completely separate emulators
Yeah that would be fine with me too. I am sure most of us fans would be happy with seperate emus!

Whatever is easier for you to maintain would be best Notaz.

I think if you can get Megadrive working as good as in 0.964 and have the CD stuff combined, it would be great, but yeah, whatever is easiest to maintain. :)

TelcoLou posted on Feb 4 2007 at 11:28 PM said:
ANYWAY ...

I have a question; does it matter which BIOS we use?

I got the games to run using "us_scd2_9306.bin", but noticed the 'bootup sound' wasn't familiar to me .. so I got "us_scd1_9210.bin" and heard the familiar old bootsound. It literally brought a tear to my eye; my Wife got us a Sega CD for our first Christmas as a married couple; we had like ZERO money and barley made the rent and groceries, yet she scrimped and saved to get us this wonder of new technology ... ah the memories ... * wipes tear *

... so does it matter? I know there are 3 releases of the BIOS, but I like the old one B)

Well from what I remember I think notaz said that the us_scd1_9210 bios is the best for compatability and to usually use that bios for the US games you're trying. Who knows though I guess it wouldn't hurt to try the other US bios, you might even get better results. Normally on my PC Gens emulator I use the us_scd1_9210 bios. The other bios does weird things in Gens for me. BTW you have kick ass wife! :)

There is still a bug with Sonic CD, which was also in the 1.10 version.

If you leave it running at the title screen (instead of pressing start) the game goes to play the intro movie but it locks up the emu instead. I would say the end movies would do the same (but haven't got to the end yet so can't say).

Back