PGS Windows 10 gaming handheld - GPD WIN competitor

Still a backer as well (that $1 was well spent haha). They've updated with new postings as recent as an hour ago, Alec is still up to his usual dodgery and nonsense BS claims. I think most people have gotten the message by now that these asshats are in the scamming industry. Still amazed though that KS continues to do nothing about the cancelled project/page.

I made a comment along the lines of what Exophase posted. Not as eloquent but hopefully covered some of his points. At this point there's not much you can do to protect anyone. If they don't go to the KS comments page or any of the various message boards they will have to use their head or they are SOL.

I read that the /r/kickstarterscams redditors were trying to get Celery to shutdown PGS, but even if that happens they'll just keep moving around like a cockroach.

Thanks, your comments and others do a good job addressing the stuff I was talking about.

As I expected, they're simply doubling down on their excuse of wanting to preserve the KS pricing scheme while sidestepping the whole issue. There is nothing about that desire that dictates immediate charging.

Well our "mission" to prevent KS backers (especially those for whom it was their first KS project) from being scammed and disgusted is done now. What happens outside KS is not any longer my concern. I wish KS had cancelled it earlier so we could trust KS yet.

Out of curiosity, was your concern in the "mission" about helping the people that got taken in by the scammers? Or helping to save Kickstarter's reputation?

Out of curiosity, was your concern in the "mission" about helping the people that got taken in by the scammers? Or helping to save Kickstarter's reputation?
More precisely, as a regular KS backer, I want to be sure for KS not to be a haven for scammers and then to undermine our trusts towards KS. I cannot prevent "uneducated" backers from being scammed if they think they can disregard the opinions of experienced backers.

As for those who go with "preordering" through upfront payment, I think they deserve their stupidity.

Last edited:
They keep "explaining" that they're charging money upfront in order for people to get the same price as they offered on KS, as if that makes any sense whatsoever when they can do the same thing with delayed charges. Why do they think people are this stupid?

It's so obvious the discount plan is part of the scam. Without the threat of having to pay more later no one would ever buy it now. It's not like traditional crowdfunding where discounts are rewarded in exchange for increased risk; they're selling this notion of no risk.

They assuage people's fears by saying they can be protected with PayPal. Their plan is probably to withdraw money as soon as it hits their account, then in the next few months when people realize again that it's not going anywhere PayPal won't be able to take the money back and will be left having to deal with refunds themselves (as if). Since they'll never find an advance payment storefront that incorporates PayPal I imagine they'll add a direct link on their website. Then about three seconds after it goes live they'll be reported to PayPal and quickly banned. Maybe they'll make another post about how the haters and GPD shills sabotaged them.

I hope one day we find out more of the true details of what's going on behind the scenes with all this. My current guess scenario is that they actually believe they can pull it off if they get some, just about any amount of seed money. Like enough to actually build real prototypes. The investors are a lie, but they rationalize it by believing that people just don't understand how great they are and how they're too passionate to fail. And that it's fair play after they've been unfairly sabotaged by jealous competitors.

Grand video. What a dumb fucking thing this has all been.

Also, Exophase is on to something. I'm actually beginning to suspect that Mursalov guy is mentally ill, as in the megalomaniacal way.

What if Nadir borrowed money from the Russian mob (as hinted at in the video in the "secret investor" part) and soon has to pay it back with interest?
Cancelling the Kickstarter would only make sense then if Kickstarter demanded more credibility and was about to cancel it anyway - which is likely.

Latest PGS update:

"Dear gaming fans. The next prototype we are going to show you will be based on a custom PCB, being as close as possible to the final device. As for our investor, we will disclose info only when we have got a permission, when all details have been discussed, the manufacturer has been chosen and initial agreements with retailers have been made. We are preparing a big update of our website which, hopefully, will help you find answers on most of your questions."

That would make a big difference (even though I'd like to see something about how the collapsing joysticks are going to work too), but I won't hold my breath for it.

lol this is going to be so funny. i am all hyped up already!

He showed all the evidence he got from them.
And what did PGS do?
B2JEXV.png

Back