PGS Windows 10 gaming handheld - GPD WIN competitor

This is so pointless..

They got some other random guy to talk on their behalf, and it probably is a real person given his English seems markedly better. The previous "Alec" person needing to leave to work on the prototype makes less sense, and just makes it seem more likely that he's really the same as Nadir.

But there isn't really anything to address with someone writing in the KS comments anyway.. these things that he talked about being in an upcoming update:

-Who we are (Profiles of each team member
-Our situation with investors
- A new prototype

Aren't going to make a difference. Unless the profiles link to real projects that certifiably link back to people they aren't worth anything. The "situation with investors" will probably just be a reiteration of this claim of complete and unconditional financial backing being given. Unless they name the investors and we can confirm they're a real investment group or at least confirm that they have money, and that they really do back PGS, it isn't going to matter either. And they've been very clear that the new prototype will still use guts from other devices. Maybe it'll do more to cram them inside their shell, but that too is more or less meaningless. I suppose if they got a working demonstration of their hinge design or telescopic analog sticks that'd mean something, but that sounds really hard to do with a 3D printer.

They are up 9 backers and $1830 so far today.

They used a magic word "Survey" in the title of an update that can only be viewed as a backer. I suspect that that probably encouraged a few people who were interested but undecided about backing it into becoming backers.

-Neelix

They are up 9 backers and $1830 so far today.

They do better without discussing anything pertinent to the actual development and production of their handheld. They don't get called out on anything shady and the comments complaining nothing is happening and they are avoiding the real issues get crapped on by their supporters. Ignorance is bliss and if you have complete confidence in them delivering it makes it an easy con.

I'm eagerly anticipating their BIG update, can't wait to see what they cooked up.

In the first 10 minutes after the clock ticked over to the new day they lost a backer and $245.

I really don't want to be an asshole, but if all the backers are ignoring those that are trying to look out for them, screw 'em. I still think it is worth trying to reduce the damage the campaign can cause for the somehow ignorant backers. Even if they aren't trying to rip people off, and really want to make this thing, they seem to have less of an idea what they are doing than I do, and I know I have no clue how to go about doing something of this scale (which is in smaller numbers than the big companies, yet somehow cheaper than they can do it for, plus plenty of fairy dust thrown in for a bunch of other things).

I wish I could throw a keyboard layout discussion at them.

Even if they aren't trying to rip people off
Seriously, the moment I saw the promo video everything screamed "scam" and since it became clear that the "team" is just a bunch of actors I can't understand how anyone can believe Nadir in any way.
His whole recent "trip to China" thing was one of the top ranking things on the bullshit list, next to his "Japanese engineers" and all the supportive July 2016 accounts.

I still think it's just the one promo guy and his contact in America (Lola) trying to get as much money as possible without actual work, desperately trying to look legit and doing very badly at it while still aiming at and getting a lot of money from naive teens and wishful thinkers who want to hear and see no evil.

I still wonder who this Monty character is though, since the account is a few years old.
[doublepost=1468997317,1468995237][/doublepost]
Monty Collaborator about 6 hours ago
I'm a freelance writer that was asked to help with community outreach and making sure that the members' English was easily read (it's not their native language). I do have more information on the inner workings of PGS as a company, but I was told to hold off until we're able to get a big update out to sort of appease everyone at once. I don't typically like to associate crowdfunding campaigns with my professional profiles because of their unstable nature, but I promise that my name really is Monty, and I do live in Oregon.

giphy.gif

The man from Del Monty (;) ) he says there's a big update. Where is this update? The suspense is killing me. Well, no, not really, but still..I wonder what will be said next.

Will it be truth? Will it be lies? Will more random names pop up spurting twaddle in broken English? Stay tuned for the next episode of PGS - The BS Saga!

Its in 3 days because running a community project is hard.
Their words, not mine.

I think they ordered parts, which arrived in bags, and then as they opened those bags they happened to contain a lot of old twaddle, which they are now unloading on the comment-section.

Last edited:
Ahh right. So basically the Big Ultimate Update of All Updates is in 3 days because there's no one involved in the project other than two actors (1 playing multiple roles) and Montgomery.

Gotta love those Old Twaddle bags.

You heard it here first, folks. Popcorn at the ready.

I'm imagining a scene playing out at the end of the PGS KS campaign, similar to what happened in the movie "The Game" . The one with Michael Douglas.

Remember the scene when Michael Douglas's account is drained. Knowing CRS took his money , he calls the police and they go to CRSs office, only to find an empty floor.

I'm imagining a scene playing out at the end of the PGS KS campaign, similar to what happened in the movie "The Game" . The one with Michael Douglas.

Remember the scene when Michael Douglas's account is drained. Knowing CRS took his money , he calls the police and they go to CRSs office, only to find an empty floor.

Can't say I've seen it, myself, but I now know a scene from it. Thanks! (hoping it's not the ending) lol.

And I agree. That's what I can imagine too.

Ahh right. So basically the Big Ultimate Update of All Updates is in 3 days because there's no one involved in the project other than two actors (1 playing multiple roles) and Montgomery.

Gotta love those Old Twaddle bags.

You heard it here first, folks. Popcorn at the ready.

I am so hype for the massive amounts of disappointment coming up. It would be an amazing start to my weekend. Plenty of Generous Schadenfreude

Last edited:
Heh... I won't be taking any joy in the misfortunes of the backers when PGS fails to deliver. That said if they turn up here complaining about how PGS ripped them off I wouldn't be terribly sympathetic either.

-Neelix

Using Google Image Search, I managed to find a picture of Lola on a website, talking about ... Michael Jackson.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://www.upmonitor.ru/news/world/744117a/0/print/http://

It seems that "she" would rather use an image from a site from 2009 than post a recent image. It does mention that her father is a "business man" and gives his name, who according to Wiki is "a Russian businessman, suspected criminal, and former sportsman. He is accused in relations with organised crime."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organized_crime

Umm, yeah... Probably best to leave this well alone!!

Guys, don't forget that a lot of backers don't speak English. They would have seen the PGS on local tech news site in their language. So it would be hard for them to see any warnings which are in English.

For example, the leading country for backing is the US with 308 backers, however Japan is close behind in second with 229 backers. Then there are all the other non english speaking countries.

Also, a number of people don't read the comments.

So I wont be happy at all if this thing fails and people lose their cash.

Some people seem to have the belief that if they post a warning in the PGS KS comments, then all the backers are then fair warned. Unfortunately not.

I wonder if they have any relationship with this PGS company
http://PhantomGamingSystems.com.au/

Last edited:
her father is a "business man" and gives his name, who according to Wiki is "a Russian businessman, suspected criminal, and former sportsman. He is accused in relations with organised crime."

Umm, yeah... Probably best to leave this well alone!!

That did indeed cross my mind when it was mentioned who her father was. We don't really know who's involved behind the scenes. And one must be wary of who one is crossing..

However, I think there's a lot of people involved in trying to warn the backers, so safety in numbers and all that!

But...if any one of us goes missing...we'll know why...;) (jk jk)

Mind you, I do like the ocean, so sleeping with the fishes might not be *too* bad :p

Back