Release Pcsx-Rearmed

matzesu said:
I have a litle question: The Games dos save in "Memorycards" ok, but where is the memory card folder? i looked at the appdata folder from pcsx-rearmed, but only found some bios..
There is probably a hidden folder in there. Something like ".whatever". In a terminal cd into the appdata folder and run: "ls -la" to see all entries that are *really* available in the emulators appdata folder. Many programs (eg also snes9x4p) do store into those hidden folders, since the HOME entry is simply set to the appdata folder and the rest is kept as it is done in the normal software without any extra patches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thangs, now i found something: card1.mcd, i wanted to unlock some curses in colin mc. rea 2.0, seems like i have to play the game normaly because i cant change some savegames which isnt that bad, so the game isnt that easy (and booring)

EDIT: This means: I have to play the game whitout savegame chang and whitout cheating

quadomatic said:
When running, the character doesn't really seem to start running until a second or two after I've pushed the nub as far as it goes. Also, there is no response to right nub movements to the left (so I can't swing the net down to my left). I don't think this is a problem with my Pandora.
It is, try the input tester. I can't really do much about the lag, inputs are reported to the game as soon as they come from kernel.

Are people getting Colin McRae 2.0 to work? Mine freezes after the intro video. Any tricks? Bad dump?

Do you have the default Bios from the Emulator? You need the Original PSX Bios to get some games to work (you can find the bios whit google, but this is illegal in some countrys (but dont worry, you gotnt jailed for the psx bios) to make it legal, you have to get the bios from your original psx some courses dit freze on my pandora to, but aktually it runs great..

I am having trouble running Global Domination (NTSC, SLUS-01419). Game freezes a few seconds after starting mission intro video, If I click a button to skip intro before the freeze, game progresses normally (but it will freeze on next mission video intro, if not skipped). I tried r6 and r7 versions - no luck (with external or integrated BIOS). On PC or using psx4pandora there are no freeze.

By game freeze I mean that video just stops, emulator is functional (I can enter menu, change settings, etc).

I tested final fantasy VII and found two glitches I haven't heard before. I have r7 and didn't tested this game before, what I found is that when you enter a fight it doesn't show the fading effect, the image simply stops for a second an then you enter the fight. The second one is way worse, when you use an attack/item/magic you can't see the cursor pointing the character who will recieve it, I think it kills the gameplay somehow. Strangely it shows a small square at bottom left wich clones a random area of the screen and that square changes when you push left or right (when you point another character), yes it's hard to explain.

As I said it happens on r7 and with the PAL version, does this happen on the NTSC version?

naples39 said:
Are people getting Colin McRae 2.0 to work? Mine freezes after the intro video. Any tricks? Bad dump?

Works for me, Bin/Cue rip of PAL disc, default settings in R7 with Bios.

@Asmo: Do you use the Nubs or the Dpad to controll your Car? what do you think works better? (In the Controll Menü from PSX, you can change the Controller to the newer one whit the nubs..

matzesu said:
@Asmo: Do you use the Nubs or the Dpad to controll your Car? what do you think works better? (In the Controll Menü from PSX, you can change the Controller to the newer one whit the nubs..

The D-Pad, I could never get used to the Analogue controllers on the PS1 when they first came out, so it feels more like the original experience for me!

Also, I'm afraid I'll destroy the nubs the way I drive.

How do you get the analogue nubs working in PCSX-Rearmed? I want to use analogue controls in Gran Turismo but have the following issues:

I've changed the Controls to 'Analog (SCPH-1150)'. Underneath it says Input Devices are: gpio-keys and keypad. If I try to set the Player 1 Controls I can only bind the dpad, buttons or keyboard, moving the nubs has no effect.

If I start the game anyway, and go to the in-game options (in GT itself) all the analog controller options say N/A.

I've tried changing the nub settings to joystick but this hasn't helped.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dave

Dave18 said:
How do you get the analogue nubs working in PCSX-Rearmed? I want to use analogue controls in Gran Turismo but have the following issues:

I've changed the Controls to 'Analog (SCPH-1150)'. Underneath it says Input Devices are: gpio-keys and keypad. If I try to set the Player 1 Controls I can only bind the dpad, buttons or keyboard, moving the nubs has no effect.

If I start the game anyway, and go to the in-game options (in GT itself) all the analog controller options say N/A.

I've tried changing the nub settings to joystick but this hasn't helped.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dave
While I cannot actually modify the settings in the game menu, if I go into a Race I can at least steer with the nub... try that?

In Colin MC Rae Rally 2.0:

1. Go in the Emu Menü (whit space)
2. Go to Controlls
3. "controller Standart (scph - 1080) change it to "Analog (Scph - 1150)
4. ingame options change digital to analog..

But there is a issue i saw now myself: be shure that you have confirmed the change to analog than you can change it ingame too..

asimov-solensan said:
I tested final fantasy VII and found two glitches I haven't heard before. I have r7 and didn't tested this game before, what I found is that when you enter a fight it doesn't show the fading effect, the image simply stops for a second an then you enter the fight. The second one is way worse, when you use an attack/item/magic you can't see the cursor pointing the character who will recieve it, I think it kills the gameplay somehow. Strangely it shows a small square at bottom left wich clones a random area of the screen and that square changes when you push left or right (when you point another character), yes it's hard to explain.

As I said it happens on r7 and with the PAL version, does this happen on the NTSC version?

Disable frameskip and up the clock speed. Solved both problems for me. The game runs pretty decently at around 700MHz. I run at 850MHz so even crazy moves with tons of effects are fullspeed.

Back