Release Pcsx-Rearmed

Yeah, unless you are into authentical PSX gameplay for some reason (why use memcards when you got savestates?) - you will be fine on r7. Just rely on the savestate feature a bit more than you normally do.

As for me I only use the memory card for changing settings to tweak the games to perfection... sadly the changes do not apply till I reload the game... using savestate loading will return the thing to its prior settings...
So on the long run I really want Memory Card support back... cause Chrono Cross is stuck in a bad screen filter setting due to the Memory Card issue for me...

(I like fullscreen smoothing, rather than jagged edges on 3D titles... on 2D ones like Arc the Lad I of course prefer the jagged edges of the sprites... making it look more crisp.)

But due to the enormous speedbost r7 got over r6, you should stick to it and just take your time picking proper graphic plugin settings before you start a game.

Speed is what I'm looking for, so r7 it is. I prefer save states anyway, but like some have said, you need the memory card for certain in game features, so it's always good to have both.

Notaz knows what's wrong, and I'm sure he is working on a fix as we speak, so I shouldn't have to deal with this issue for to long.

I like to have the memcard backup to my savestates because it's harder to accidentally save over a memory card save than it is a savestate.

David Bowman said:
I like to have the memcard backup to my savestates because it's harder to accidentally save over a memory card save than it is a savestate.
Agreed! That is the one problem I have with the save states as well.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. But I like the savestate feature and wish all consoles implemented it by default... it's so annoying having to find savespots all the time...

I prefer traditional saves to savestates. I only use them when I can't save immediately.

Coldbird said:
As for me I only use the memory card for changing settings to tweak the games to perfection... sadly the changes do not apply till I reload the game... using savestate loading will return the thing to its prior settings...
So on the long run I really want Memory Card support back... cause Chrono Cross is stuck in a bad screen filter setting due to the Memory Card issue for me...
Many settings don't need a game reload, including the filter option. Only BIOS choice is saved in savestates, all other config changes should remain when you load a savestate.

notaz said:
zRichi said:
Dont know if anyone else has reported this and dont know if you want us to report here but Tekken 2 is a beautiful post modern art of spheres :p
Known problem (load delays), very hard to fix, not sure if I'll bother for this one game. The game is buggy and works on real hardware due to luck.
It turned out Skullmonkeys has similar problem as Tekken 2, so I'm working on a workaround for both.
Never encountered Skullmonkeys before, real nice 2d platformer.

Why not just run more than one version of PCSX at the same time? i.e r6 in the menu on 1 card and r7 on the desktop on the other, both pointing to the same roms.

Alternatively could it please be possible that each revision of this emu creates a unique pnd icon number & appdata entry, so each version could be used from the same card for given games that work better respectively? Same goes for other emu's.

Just wanted to add my thanks for this awesome emulator. Finished Dino Crisis 2 and now thinking about my next game. R7 does seem much faster but the music seems to have some problems. I have to say Tekken 3 looks awsome on the pandora's screen.

Chaser said:
Alternatively could it please be possible that each revision of this emu creates a unique pnd icon number & appdata entry, so each version could be used from the same card for given games that work better respectively? Same goes for other emu's.
Not very good idea, after each update everyone would have to rename their appdata to get their saves back. I'll probably start appending the 'r' number to the app name though.

snurty said:
R7 does seem much faster but the music seems to have some problems.
Vague reports like this are not helpful, specify games. Also, tried deleting appdata?

notaz said:
It turned out Skullmonkeys has similar problem as Tekken 2, so I'm working on a workaround for both.
Never encountered Skullmonkeys before, real nice 2d platformer.

I cannot wait to see how that turns out!

Not many people did hear of Skullmonkeys, It was a Very underrated game. I don't know anyone who owned it apart from myself.

Edit - Broken quote

I actually owned Skull Monkey's and the strategy guide, but like most of my collection I barely ever put it on. It was one of the "best games that no one played" kinda of titles.

Chris

Alright, I've been gone since r2, besides the bios files, is there any other files or plug ins I need to add in anywhere?

Also, Policenauts with english patch still does not boot for me, and this game ran perfect at default on the other PSX emu. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I have not really been around for each new addition and improvement that has been made. I'm not really sure what works in the options, and what does what.

Chris

jumpman said:
Alright, I've been gone since r2, besides the bios files, is there any other files or plug ins I need to add in anywhere?
Nope, but if my memory serves me correctly, if you're using a BIOS you need to switch the emulator from using HLE to using BIOS, if you haven't done so already.

Prometheus said:
jumpman said:
Nope, but if my memory serves me correctly, if you're using a BIOS you need to switch the emulator from using HLE to using BIOS, if you haven't done so already.
Thanks P, that solved my Policenauts problem as well. I forgot I had never put the bios into the emu, as it wasn't availible when I last used it. So when I tried to change it, I didn't realize it wasn't there to use. Time to go back thru all my games and see what runs now, and how well. A good night ahead! :lol:

Chris

Jumpman, the patched Policenaughts worked for me with r4 or r5 (cant remember now), but it definitely worked......

I'm having a problem with Ape Escape.

When running, the character doesn't really seem to start running until a second or two after I've pushed the nub as far as it goes. Also, there is no response to right nub movements to the left (so I can't swing the net down to my left). I don't think this is a problem with my Pandora.

I have a litle question: The Games dos save in "Memorycards" ok, but where is the memory card folder? i looked at the appdata folder from pcsx-rearmed, but only found some bios..

Back