Release Pcsx-Rearmed

Awesome notaz, time for a donation now! r6 made Mat Hoffman Pro BMX playable, and close to fullspeed (only tried first level)

Maybe it's the updates to the config settings and ability to save per game, but frameskip seems to be working better. On r5 for instance, need for speed ran at about 2/3rds speed when I set frameskip regardless of if hit on/off for frameskip in the menu. Now when I flip on frameskip, it's full speed.

Beginning to think there's not much Notaz's can't pull off, and there's even more optimizations to come. This is pretty much the PSX emulator I was hoping for way back when Pandora was announced. :)

naples39 said:
Beginning to think there's not much Notaz's can't pull off, and there's even more optimizations to come. This is pretty much the PSX emulator I was hoping for way back when Pandora was announced. :)

I'm so glad Notaz picked it up, there's so many updates, it's really making me pang for my Pandora.

We're really lucky as a community that we've got such talented devs around.

Last edited by a moderator:
totally hear you deadinside. my girlfriend has been staying with me for the last couple of weeks and my pandora is pretty much at the point of unusable with its LCD cable so i've not had a chance to test this but i really cant wait. it has been amazing lurking on this thread to see the progress.

notaz, you're the man

IMO this is one of the best pieces of software on the Pandora when you consider features, compatibility, interface, frequency of updates, and overall quality. Thank you for all the hard work, notaz! It's gonna be AWESOME when you start optimizing performance. Good + Fast = Best

I concur, notaz you are THE MAN! I love that you're consistently pumping out updates. I sent you a small donation. Buy your self a beer on me (or whatever floats your boat).

meandu229 said:
Wolfsclaw said:
Zomg! Video please!

We love you notaz!
What would you like a video of?

If possible, I would really appreciate seeing Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2, Fifa 98 or Crash Team Racing, if you happen to have these :)

Has anyone completed FFVIII(NTSC) on this device? I'm on disk 2, and the emulator crashes to the desktop when the boss character (the blue tank thing at Fisherman's Horizon) does its death animation. I've tried replaying this battle at various points using save states (before the battle, during the battle, and immediately before the crash), but the results are the same. I've tried r5 and r6 on Hotfix 4 and Hotfix 5 RC1.

I think this is the savestate of the battle I'm talking about, though it's sort of hard to sort through the pile of savestates I have. Anyways, once you beat the boss the game will crash.

EDIT: In other news, Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX now works perfectly. :)

In Alundra 1 I have got to deactivate the dynarec to start a new game. Otherwise I hit "Start" and the game hangs, but I can still get into the emulator's menu. Bad .img or bug?

skeezix said:
I managed to arrest a free moment --

Wipeout 3 runs abotu 40fps at 700mhz; it doesn't seem to matter if its the GLES plugin or built in (software renderer I assume?) .. varies from 39-45 fps with both, maybe a touch faster on gles. This is with HLE and not BIOS, with music on.

With r1 it didn't work much at all if memory serves :)

EBoot support woudl be handy, but there is a tool to backconvert from PSP Eboot rip to plain jane iso.

jeff

Wip3out runs nice and smooth at 700mhz however the game doesn't see a controller if you have it set to Analogue, have to set it standard to control.

However I would just like to say THIS EMU IS FRICKIN AWESOME!! :D

Sorry for shouting

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I'm using this myself as PSX was my (late-)childhood system (just after MegaDrive), I spent lots of time on it and want to replay some games now (and play through some I missed back then). It's still too slow for my standards although I'm quite happy how it works now with fixed frameskip.

Larry Hastings said:
Keep in mind, cats and kittens, that it only supports the original Dual Analog Controller (SCPH-1150) right now. So most games that want an analog controller--Ape Escape for example--still aren't playable. Happily my beloved Spyro games recognize the controller fine :)
Actually it emulates the right controller, but not accurately enough. Ape Escape sends some commands and wants responses that were missing. Try this test build:
http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r6-4-g7ce7d3c.pnd

Could somebody try all games that support analog controller and report if they work with above test version?

OilySalmon said:
I think this is the savestate of the battle I'm talking about, though it's sort of hard to sort through the pile of savestates I have. Anyways, once you beat the boss the game will crash.
"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.", so can't help you here.

Schnatterplatsch said:
In Alundra 1 I have got to deactivate the dynarec to start a new game. Otherwise I hit "Start" and the game hangs, but I can still get into the emulator's menu. Bad .img or bug?
Sounds like a bug, but NTSC version works for me. Which is yours?

notaz said:
OilySalmon said:
"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.", so can't help you here.

It should be good now. I think that with Megaupload there's a bit of a delay between uploading the file and having it become active. I don't know of many upload sites, sorry.

i doubt anyone plays olympic soccer however it was one of my fave soccer games, however it crashes just before a match on this update. was working fine on r4.

Thanks Notaz for the per game save of controls. Getting better all the time.

I still couldn't get Einhander to work, it just dumped me to minimenu. I used BIOS. Maybe something is set wrong as I remember you said you had it working.

Thanks for the great work.

PCSX-Rearmed seems crashy for me, both FF7 and Gauntlet Legends freeze after a couple minutes, I asked around and it seems FF7 is working fine for other people. Is .Z compression support buggy or something? All my isos are .Z compressed, so that could be it.
edit: Or is it a PAL version incompatibility?
edit2: Or do I need to use a BIOS file? (I have one, but it wasn't in the correct location when I tried PCSX-Rearmed earlier)
edit3: Just tried again with scph1001.bin and it doesn't crash, but I'm seeing a lot of graphical glitches (small squares with an incorrect palette everywhere, mostly green and blue though they come and go), both with and without BIOS, and with both the built in GPU plugin and the GLES GPU plugin. Which one should I be using?
gpu_PCSX4ALL.so seems to have fixed the issues :)

Also, should psx4pandora .mcr memcard saves work with this if renamed to card1.mcd/card2.mcd? Because they don't seem to. The files are the same size though so I kind of assumed it would work. Will try with a different .mcr file just in case, the one I used might've been blank. Edit: I fail, I named it card1.mcr instead of card1.mcd. Works fine now.

Schnatterplatsch said:

:) Thankyou for the workaround. I ripped Alundra1 from my PS1 PAL disc and had the problem you outlined. I tried it last night switching off dynarec until the game had loaded and then going back to the menu and switching dynarec back on. All other emulator setting were the defaults.

DaveC said:
I still couldn't get Einhander to work, it just dumped me to minimenu. I used BIOS. Maybe something is set wrong as I remember you said you had it working.
Works for me on default config, tested it yesterday. What's your region, dump format?

Jdbye said:
PCSX-Rearmed seems crashy for me, both FF7 and Gauntlet Legends freeze after a couple minutes, I asked around and it seems FF7 is working fine for other people. Is .Z compression support buggy or something? All my isos are .Z compressed, so that could be it.
You are past your overclocking limit, this emu doesn't overclock as much as some other things because of use of NEON feature of CPU.

Back