Pcsx Rearmed R11

darklight1138 said:
Saving through the emulator causes the game to freeze and crash so that doesn't work either.

Savestates take awhile to write, so just be patient. Sometimes the screen can stop updating after a savestate completes (in this game at least), but the game goes back to running. In that case loading the savestate you just made will fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today my new Caanoo has arrived (my old one was totally dead).
I had to try some new goodies. Couldn't believe, maybe it's also that I can now clock out safely at 800Mhz + 20-30.
But it's this emulator too. I can't believe that at most times Castlevania is 60hz, except from random moments that it drops. Sounds plays good, speed is normal finally. I am going to try more stuff now! I can say for now that I have a PSX emul capable of having fun. Even the interface is much better.

Thank you!

I agree, PSX on Caanoo and Wiz was kind of a novalty even though many games played ok, now it actually runs most of the stuff I try, I have been having a blast playing Metal Gear Solid, Syphon filter 3 , WWF smackdown, Alien Resurection and many games that just weren't possible before.

Optimus said:
Today my new Caanoo has arrived (my old one was totally dead).
I had to try some new goodies. Couldn't believe, maybe it's also that I can now clock out safely at 800Mhz + 20-30.
But it's this emulator too. I can't believe that at most times Castlevania is 60hz, except from random moments that it drops. Sounds plays good, speed is normal finally. I am going to try more stuff now! I can say for now that I have a PSX emul capable of having fun. Even the interface is much better.

Thank you!

I'm having a weird problem with Wild Arms. It's been running pretty well but I decided to adjust the clock speed in the speed hack section and nothing else. Didn't touch any other options. Now when I play the game I get frequent sound glitches where very loud static appears, and constantly, making the game annoying to play. I've tried resetting the speed and restoring default settings and nothing fixes it. Even exiting PCSX and resetting my Caanoo doesn't help.

Also no matter what I do, the main clock speed stays at 768mhz. Changing it and saving the config and resetting it does not fix anything.

Thanks, and please help! I am very far in this game!

darklight1138 said:
I'm having a weird problem with Wild Arms. It's been running pretty well but I decided to adjust the clock speed in the speed hack section and nothing else. Didn't touch any other options. Now when I play the game I get frequent sound glitches where very loud static appears, and constantly, making the game annoying to play. I've tried resetting the speed and restoring default settings and nothing fixes it. Even exiting PCSX and resetting my Caanoo doesn't help.

Also no matter what I do, the main clock speed stays at 768mhz. Changing it and saving the config and resetting it does not fix anything.

Thanks, and please help! I am very far in this game!

Maybe just install a fresh version of pcsx in a different dir like apps and see if that works, if it does just do a fresh install over your present version.. and make sure your card is not write protected.

I tinkered around with the settings, restoring to default, reloading the game. Did this over and over for about 20 minutes. I don't know how I fixed it but I did. I think the last thing I did was load a savestate where the game seemed to be fine, then loaded the game through the in-game save system. I wonder if there is some issue with the restore to default option, maybe something remains?

Yeah, I was just about to do a clean install.

darklight1138 said:
Probably speed hacks broke this game, and then you made a savestate which saved the breakage too.
Try using earlyer savestates (if you have them), or if memcards work save there and then load from memcard with speedhacks off.

I'm playing a game at the moment (WCW Vs The World) which auto-saves once you complete a league. Unfortunately the emulator crashes each time it gets to the point of auto-saving :(
Is there anything that I need to do in order to get the memory card feature working?

If anyone could quickly explain the process in newb friendly terms I really would be eternally greatful! :)

Make sure you use the proper bios and not HLE, some games require the bios to use mem cards :)

tibbo said:
I'm playing a game at the moment (WCW Vs The World) which auto-saves once you complete a league. Unfortunately the emulator crashes each time it gets to the point of auto-saving :(
Is there anything that I need to do in order to get the memory card feature working?

If anyone could quickly explain the process in newb friendly terms I really would be eternally greatful! :)

Thanks LT! May I ask how I would create the proper bios file for the game? I currently have a .bin file and a .bin.cfg file for the game.
Thanks again so much for all of the help guys! You really are awesome! :)

@ tibbo its a file called scph1001.bin google it download it and put it in the bios folder in Pcsx rearmed and then sellect it in the emulators options under bios/plugins :)

I didn't try these on my caanoo, but I liked them a lot and still play them from time to time. Two of my action favourites were Future Cop LAPD and G Police. If you want to spend more time, you can give Vagrant Story a chance, but be warned, you need a high frustration level.
If you didn't own a PS1, then this might help. If you are more familiar to the PS1, you can have a look here for inspiration.

stpat said:
So what games are people playing these days? Any good recommendations?

I've been buried in my Caanoo ever since Rearmed hit the app repo. What I've been playing:

- Bloody Bride (fun dating/RPG fusion)
- Thousand Arms (always meant to play this one)
- Monster Rancher Battle Card Adventures 2 (took me a while to figure this out, but this one needs to be played with the HLE firmware. If played with the 'real' then you get sound, but eventually the controls stop responding)

--
Chris

Is anyone having success playing either of the Spiderman games?

I'm experiencing a problem with them in that you can climb up the walls of a building, but when you get to the top, it's as if Spiderman doesn't realize he's at the top, so instead of going up and over the top of the wall onto the roof, he just tries to keep climbing. Basically, you're stuck. If you hit the jump button, he flips off backwards... can't figure out how to get up onto the roof.

It's the same way with both games, so I'm assuming it's a bug in the collision detection... dunno. 99.9% sure it worked properly in the previous version (but the performance was much worse.)

Anyone having better success?

Thanks.

Anyone had success in running Doom or Final Doom on this emulator?
It starts fine and then waits for ever in the Loading screen. I tried changing everything I could to no avail.

Strange fact, when I try to run Doom in a PC emulator (EPSXe) loading the iso file causes the same problem. But if I click to load the CUE file (which probably loads the ISO file too) it finishes with the loading screen and goes on correctly. Now, in the Caanoo emulator, loading the CUE file returns "Invalid CUE file" or something, but the same happens with other ROMs which load normally if you load the ISO or BIN file.

I don't know what the problem is. I don't know why Doom needs to load the CUE file first to work on ePSXe, something not possible on the Caanoo emulator. And I don't know what this could mean about the nature of the problem.

Hi Notaz,

I've noticed that some games (ie: Spiderman, Spyro, Hydro Thunder to name a few) have physics/collision detection related issues in the latest version that were not present in the previous version.

Do you happen to know (are you able to check) whether these issues are present in the Pandora or Wiz versions too? Not that either of those are an option for me, just wondering how the bugs were introduced and if they are somehow caanoo specific.

I'd love to be able play Spiderman, especially now that scaling and touchscreen support have been added, not to mention the huge performance increase - but the new glitches make it unplayable (falls through the map sometimes, can't climb on top of buildings).

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the great emulator!

notaz said:
Caanoo: http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r11_caanoo.zip
Wiz: http://notaz.gp2x.de/releases/pcsxr/pcsx_rearmed_r11_wiz.zip
Source: http://notaz.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pcsx_rearmed.git

It's finally finished (sort of), there is now scaling in, and performance should be a bit better for most games (GTE code should now match PCSX4ALL's performance or surpass it). Also there are many compatibility fixes, .cbin and multidisk eboot support (I hope, not tested too much), and new speed hack options that can give you more speed, but break games. There is a new Wiz build too.

Enjoy!

One note for those who say this is "just an early alpha version": well I've been working on this thing for more then a year now (there have been 9 pandora versions before first Caanoo release) and can say there is not much left to be done to speed the emulation core up further. One big thing that would help is making use of pollux 3D capabilities to do PSX GPU rendering, but I have no plans to work on that, sorry. Other than that, there are some small things but that would be a lot of work with very little benefit, probably not even noticeable. So what I'm trying to say is that future versions are unlikely to be faster, but will probably fix compatibility bugs.

Back