Pcsx Rearmed R11

Nice, Legend of Draggon seems to run full speed -frameskip. Sound is almost perfect. Much improvement over PCSX4ALL it seems at least in Legend of Dragoon though I'm still playing LoD on my Pandora, battles at 5 fps is not as fun when you need to hit X and O at JUST the right time.

Darkknight512 said:
Nice, Legend of Draggon seems to run full speed -frameskip. Sound is almost perfect. Much improvement over PCSX4ALL it seems at least in Legend of Dragoon though I'm still playing LoD on my Pandora, battles at 5 fps is not as fun when you need to hit X and O at JUST the right time.

Thats good to know as I was trying this with PCSX4ALL and lost interest as It was a bit slow, cheers!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bomberman World works great with a little freezes sometimes.
But Bomberman Party Edition works very slow and Bomberman Fantasy Race don't start at all. Maybe another bios instead 1001 will help. I'll try.

GTA I seems to work nice too.

-Smile- said:
Bomberman World works great with a little freezes sometimes.
But Bomberman Party Edition works very slow and Bomberman Fantasy Race don't start at all. Maybe another bios instead 1001 will help. I'll try.

GTA I seems to work nice too.

Dont forget to try changing the gpu plugin to built in one sometimes helps games

ruffnutts said:
Dont forget to try changing the gpu plugin to built in one sometimes helps games
I've already tried this - no changes, just black screen and nothing else.

Here's a general roms question... in addition to the larger iso or bin files, there are usually smaller files too like .ccd, .cue and .sub files.

When we copy roms to our roms folder, do we need all these smaller files? (or are they just required if we were actually burning the roms to disc?)

It's a lot of clutter in the roms folder, and I'm wondering which ones I can get rid of...

stpat said:
Here's a general roms question... in addition to the larger iso or bin files, there are usually smaller files too like .ccd, .cue and .sub files.

When we copy roms to our roms folder, do we need all these smaller files? (or are they just required if we were actually burning the roms to disc?)
Depends on a game, but they are for 2 purposes mostly: to contain track layout in disk (must be there for games like Tomb Raider to work, others to have ingame music) and subchannel data for libcrypt copy protection emulation (usually later PAL games like CTR need that to work).

stpat said:

It's a lot of clutter in the roms folder, and I'm wondering which ones I can get rid of...

I don't know too much about this. Basically you can just keep the larger files, but the cue files required if your game consists of multiple bin files.
Although you can get rid of those other bin files and the cue most of the time ( but obviously leaving the largest bin file, usually "Track 1" ), but your game won't have a large portion of the audio, sometimes this will crash the game, too. I know Tomb Raider 1 and 2 require all of the other bin files, othervise they crash upon starting a new game.

mrkingoo said:
spn-x said:
Does Rayman 1 work for sb here ? I only get to the menu and when it says: press Start it gives me a black screen and a weird sound... but nothing happens. any ideas ?

Whenever a game doesnt load, like hanging at intros or starting a new game, using bios instead of HLE often fix it

I already tried that but still didn't work ..

Anybody having problems with graphical glitches.got toca touring cars running a treat but the backgrounds keep flickering and changing around.sure there's an easy fix I probably missed somewhere

I've had an urge for pinball games lately. Extreme Pinball plays flawless but I couldn't get any of the four Pro Pinball games to even launch. Anyone have any better luck with these? I tried eboots and bin files.

sayocsid said:
the backgrounds keep flickering and changing around.sure there's an easy fix I probably missed somewhere

Changing the frameskip may help that.

are there any game that work better under pcsx4all? i remember completing grandia on they're december 2010 release but the current pcsx rearmed has a problem where the game would freeze when going into battle. other than that so far everything works much better.

Ive noticed on the original rearmed release there's no glitches,but on the latter release where the screen is smaller I'm having problems with glitches and objects disappearing,is this just me?

Definitely try changing the frameskip options and see if it helps.

When I first booted Dino Crisis 2, the characters were flashing... changing the frameskip option to 0 fixed it.

sayocsid said:
Ive noticed on the original rearmed release there's no glitches,but on the latter release where the screen is smaller I'm having problems with glitches and objects disappearing,is this just me?

Hi all, i found a link with a list of all the 2D games that were released for the PSX.

I thought it might come in handy for ideas on games to try on Pcsx4all, as most 2D games seem to run very nicely on this emu!

-The Definitive List of U.S.-Released 2D Playstation Games-

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-54374.html

Hansel!

Back