Pcsx Rearmed R11

joeycaruzo said:
cBin files are working?

As far as I`m aware they work - have not tried yet as my terra station aint plugged in @ the mo where there all stored lol

Last edited by a moderator:
notaz said:
darklight1138 said:
Ok, I enabled the CPU load indicator and I notice that it seems to indicate around 20-30%, and this is when the game is really laggy and slow. Then it will suddenly jump to around 80-90% and this is when the game runs wonderfully, and just flies! Also to note when this happens, if I hit pause and unpause (through the game, not menu) the game goes back to the 20-30%. Hope this helps.

I am playing the game through a USB drive. Can that affect performance?
Never had that happen, just tried it from USB too. it would look like you are running something in background and it steals the CPU.

That is what it sounds like, but even after I reset the device I still get the same results. The emulator is loaded on a card with practically nothing else on it except for PS roms. I copied Gran Turismo onto the card and tried that and it doesn't appear to be the USB drive (which is pretty old, thought that might be a problem).

A quick question - in the speed hacks section, what does under/overclocking the CPU there do? It is by default at 50, so I assumed the lower the clock, the faster the game but at the risk of more instances of the game breaking.

I want to thank you for this program, and for the assistance you're providing. You set a great example!

If anyone has Colin McRae 2 working can you post your settings? I got it going last night somehow, but can't get it going again (wanted to tinker with the speedhacks). Not sure what I changed...

Here is cbin gui for compressing those big psx images now pcsx rearmed supports it B)

http://www.mediafire.com/?g5znzwnnijy

ruffnutts :)

EDIT: Just compressed Cyberia from 506MB to 309MB not bad if you ask me and it woked 8)

Is there a performance difference when using the compressed ISOs? I assume there would be since the program has to decompress it, but I know very little about how that sort of thing works.

After twiddling about, I can't seem to get Chrono Cross to work any faster than 50-60fps in menu and walking around, and about 30-40 in battle, (with loading lag).

These are the global settings I use, (then I tweak from there):

Frameskip: Auto
CPU Clock: 699 (700)

Bios: HLE
Plugins: Default

Speed Hacks: PSX CPU Clock: 70%
Assume GTE regs uneeded: On

We need to compile a proper compatibility list soon.

EDIT: Best settings for Chrono Cross so far:

CPU Clock: 750

HLE
Default Plugins

Odd/even hack: On
Old frame skipping: On
Fake 'gpu busy' screens: On

Under Advanced:

Disable XA Decoding: On
Disable CD Audio: On

Speed Hacks:

PSX CPU Clock: 42%
GTE regs uneeded: On
Disable GTE flags: On

CBins work great! I recommend it.

Edited title bars!

pcsx_grn.png

pcsx_blu.png

pcsx_blk.png

Hi all! Thanks so much for the new emulator Notaz, your a true legend!!

Just wondering if someone could answer a few questions.

Firstly is there any performance difference between the 2 different bios modes?
I tend to find using the proper bios to be more reliable, but is it slower then HLE or the same speed?

Also i see most people are only overclocking there caanoo's for pcsx rearmed at about 700-750mhz, i am able to run mine at 830mhz fully stable, anything above that and it freezes.
My question is, do u guys with lower oc's do it to save battery life, or is that the general max level a caanoo will oc to? Was i lucky to get one that oc's to 830mhz in any emu??

Thanks, Hansel;]

I think HLE generally should be faster. But bios mode in rearmed runs very fast as well. Also using bios fixes problems like some games that fail to load (like NFS3). And saving memory cards are a bit flaky with HLE in my experience

I only oc to 750MHz max and if the game actually needs it. Some games run good enough even at 600-650 MHz.

I also want to thank notaz for this great new release. Scaling and L2 R2 buttons especially appreciated :)

@ Notaz I noticed there`s a border all the way round Star Wars Dark Forces - is there anyway to fix this so its full screen?

cheers ruffnutts

EDIT: NTSC as border all the way round and PAL as a border on both sides if that helps B)

notaz said:
Doesn't happen here too, I could bind TS4 10 times in a row.

my bad, i recalibrated my touchscreen and now it works fine.

You guys have any shmup recommendations that are running at full speed? I'm playing Raystorm now which seems to be full speed but the sound is a little glitchy, nothing too bad though.

Talking about shmups. Has anyone already tried to play R-Type Delta? One of the best shmups ever on my caanoo would really rock.

Akabei said:
Talking about shmups. Has anyone already tried to play R-Type Delta? One of the best shmups ever on my caanoo would really rock.
It plays there are slowdowns from time to time. Turn off cd audio and the speed problems seem to be pretty much go away

ruffnutts said:
@ Notaz I noticed there`s a border all the way round Star Wars Dark Forces - is there anyway to fix this so its full screen?

cheers ruffnutts

EDIT: NTSC as border all the way round and PAL as a border on both sides if that helps B)

Is there a trick to getting Dark Forces to run? Mine crashes everytime at the loading screen after the mission briefing.

The fix doesn't work for me.

darklight1138 said:
ruffnutts said:

cheers ruffnutts

Is there a trick to getting Dark Forces to run? Mine crashes everytime at the loading screen after the mission briefing.

The fix doesn't work for me.

What you need to do is chamge the gui pluging to built in and save global config as well as run in bios mode so

750Mhz maybe even less
built in gui
bios mode
dark forces fix
disable xa decoding on
disable cd audio on (its up to you with both these settings)
Maybe framskip auto
PAL version you get more of the screen B)

Let me know if this works it was of the top of my head as I`ve just woke up lol

ruffnutts :)

Anyone got music in Diablo working properly? The game is playable but a lot of atmosphere is lost without music

Back