Pcsx Rearmed R11

notaz said:
Not sure why people want to use external controllers, is it just out of interest or someone is really going to play games that way?

I won´t, unless it is a 2 players game type thing (capcom vs snk).
The g-sensor control would be nice for racing games, that I would play for example.

awesome work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey notaz, I tried the same FFVII eboot in a PSP and it works fine. Think it's a bug or would trying a different one possibly give better results?

Also, I have a question about different bios files. Would different bios yield different results? Such as scph5000, 5500, 7000, 7502 etc, and Dtlh3000, 3002? Are they supported?

Has anyone tried Hydro Thunder? I found an interesting glitch...

The game seems to run much smoother than with the previous version of PcsxRearmed, but there's a problem with the physics engine which wasn't there before.

I started playing, and everything was going fine, til I hit the first jump.... my boat flipped over and landed upside down in the water (which I didn't even think was possible - the game more or less stabilizes your boat for you...)

I kept trying to play, but I'd hit things, and my boat would totally spin out or flip over.

Anyone who has played this game before will know the boat normally can't go upside down.

So.... any menu options related to in-game physics? ;)

Minor quibbles aside though, stellar work Notaz!!!

Is scaling automatically enabled or do you have to set it in the menus? I assume the latter because certain screens in Gran Turismo are still to wide. How do you set it? Thanks!

Actually, if anyone has custom settings for this game, please post it. One time it was running absolutely flawlessly, including the music. Don't know what I did, but I think I changed some settings too much and it's pretty laggy and the music skips a lot.

Ok, I enabled the CPU load indicator and I notice that it seems to indicate around 20-30%, and this is when the game is really laggy and slow. Then it will suddenly jump to around 80-90% and this is when the game runs wonderfully, and just flies! Also to note when this happens, if I hit pause and unpause (through the game, not menu) the game goes back to the 20-30%. Hope this helps.

I am playing the game through a USB drive. Can that affect performance?

fantastic release notaz! i found a small fault. touchscreen 4 sometimes becomes touchscreen 3 when i try to bind it. the other touchscreens 1, 2, and 3 are fine and don't change. try it yourself by repeatedly binding touchscreen 4 to a button. other than that the button customization features are great.

Just been playing MegaMan Legends using the touchscreen for L2/R2 works well now you can aim and lock on to enemies, this is great,
This should be great for MGS or VR missions when selecting items - as I got stck before when trying to use the carboard box lol

Notaz mate you rock :)

Spyro 2 has a problem which didn't occur in the previous release. When you actually start to play the game (past all the intro animations), Spyro repeatedly spawns *below* the game map and falls to his death. I tried it with the previous release and it works ok.

I tried with both HLE and BIOS, and same results. By the way, I also tried HLE and BIOS for Hydro Thunder (my post about it is 4 posts above) and again, no difference.

stpat said:
Spyro 2 has a problem which didn't occur in the previous release. When you actually start to play the game (past all the intro animations), Spyro repeatedly spawns *below* the game map and falls to his death. I tried it with the previous release and it works ok.

I tried with both HLE and BIOS, and same results. By the way, I also tried HLE and BIOS for Hydro Thunder (my post about it is 4 posts above) and again, no difference.

This happens in spyro 3 as well.

ruffnutts said:
Just been playing MegaMan Legends using the touchscreen for L2/R2 works well now you can aim and lock on to enemies, this is great,
This should be great for MGS or VR missions when selecting items - as I got stck before when trying to use the carboard box lol

Notaz mate you rock :)

for the metal gear solid games buttons r1 and l1 are not necessary they are just a convenience. it was the first game i completed when pcsxrearmed was released and i did it without those buttons. but the current release does make it much better with the additional touch screen buttons.

any game is much more complete because of the amount of buttons the pcsxrearmed and the caanoo offers.

ok I did have problems on pcsx4all it must of been I think... maybe I`m dumb lol - but I could not select the items.. love this new version of rearmed though...

Wow that's some weird bugs there..
I'm a bit tired of working on this (these bugs just never stop popping up), so don't know when these are going to be fixed.

Orion4874 said:
Hey notaz, I tried the same FFVII eboot in a PSP and it works fine. Think it's a bug or would trying a different one possibly give better results?
Maybe, .cue/.bin version works fine for me.

Orion4874 said:
Also, I have a question about different bios files. Would different bios yield different results? Such as scph5000, 5500, 7000, 7502 etc, and Dtlh3000, 3002? Are they supported?
Should be supported, but I doubt results will differ much.

darklight1138 said:
Is scaling automatically enabled or do you have to set it in the menus? I assume the latter because certain screens in Gran Turismo are still to wide. How do you set it? Thanks!
It's always enabled, but still not all video modes are supported.

darklight1138 said:
Ok, I enabled the CPU load indicator and I notice that it seems to indicate around 20-30%, and this is when the game is really laggy and slow. Then it will suddenly jump to around 80-90% and this is when the game runs wonderfully, and just flies! Also to note when this happens, if I hit pause and unpause (through the game, not menu) the game goes back to the 20-30%. Hope this helps.

I am playing the game through a USB drive. Can that affect performance?
Never had that happen, just tried it from USB too. it would look like you are running something in background and it steals the CPU.

blues2 said:
fantastic release notaz! i found a small fault. touchscreen 4 sometimes becomes touchscreen 3 when i try to bind it. the other touchscreens 1, 2, and 3 are fine and don't change. try it yourself by repeatedly binding touchscreen 4 to a button. other than that the button customization features are great.
Doesn't happen here too, I could bind TS4 10 times in a row.

For those interested "chakie chan stuntmaster" finally works cant believe it lol - thanks to notaz.... just need to mess with settings to try and get a good speed out of it :)

Cool, how did you get it working? I tried, and got the same results as before (splash screen seemed to be frozen, but sound effects going in the background.)

ruffnutts said:
For those interested "chakie chan stuntmaster" finally works cant believe it lol - thanks to notaz.... just need to mess with settings to try and get a good speed out of it :)

stpat said:
Cool, how did you get it working? I tried, and got the same results as before (splash screen seemed to be frozen, but sound effects going in the background.)

ruffnutts said:

You need to use bios and it works - also try some of the speed hacks it helps I`m using a pal version BTW :)

Thanks, I just tried my NTSC version and it's working! I thought I'd tried both HLE and BIOS, but maybe not.

ruffnutts said:
stpat said:

ruffnutts said:

You need to use bios and it works - also try some of the speed hacks it helps I`m using a pal version BTW :)

stpat said:
Thanks, I just tried my NTSC version and it's working! I thought I'd tried both HLE and BIOS, but maybe not.

ruffnutts said:
stpat said:

ruffnutts said:

To get good speed, after its loaded - frameskip 1 and all 3 speed hacks switch to on gives you great speed and normal save works as well BTW :p
I`m running it @ 750Mhz aswell

Back