PCB production continues (2011-01-04)

...not to mention I'm working like a 17th century slave to get all these built, I think you will get about another year out of me before I'm dead.
We miss you Craig. Thanks for all your hard work, I wouldn't want a handheld assembled by anyone else. Please DO NOT die... ever! (I can recommend sleeping and drinking water for longivity.)

Here is something worth surviving for: I have a game our team developed on PC in '99 which was never released. I will port and release it on Pandora. Expect me to get around to this within two centuries, possibly sooner.

I think its about time to re-introduce -->
static.gif

(my pandora is back to newcastle, mis it already)
which number Pandora will this be?

4 or 5?

(2nd nub issue, 3rd LCD cable purple haze, usb crack)
I have a combo pandora, includes all that I quoted (I dont even count the USB crack as a problem...) + it's a one-nubber ("nub issue" for me = 0 nubs work) :p

I'll get it fixed after they've taken care of atleast the first batch...

4 (the first had a defect volume wheel, 2nd nub issue, 3rd LCD cable purple haze, usb crack)
WOW, I hope this is your last one for sure. I just sent my first one back, and I wrote a long comment on the repair request forms to check any and all areas of defects. I was lucky that mine broke when it did(since new nubs have finally arrived and other improvements have been made), but I really have no plans to mail it back a second time, unless OP pays my return shipping cost.

I really hope Craig is going over all warranty repair units with a very fine tooth comb, and checking every known problem area. Maybe someone has sent there unit in for a blown speaker, I hope they are checking the numbs, shoulder b., lcd cables as well. It would be insanity to mail a repaired unit back, and have one of these other areas fail. The customer will get pissed, and have to pay AGAIN to have it returned, and the team will have to spend more time and money fixing it AGAIN, and paying AGAIN to have it returned.

Now that the team has quality parts and the know how to use them, I hope we can all see an end to shipping unit in AGAIN and AGAIN! :lol:

Chris

It's kinda weird how some people can go through 3 or 4 for different reasons, and others experience no problems at all.

It's kinda weird how some people can go through 3 or 4 for different reasons, and others experience no problems at all.

I'm sure are a bunch of people, not saying bosbeetle is one of them, who may not even have anything wrong functionally who are just hoping for a newer unit.

Part of me doesn't blame them, because I'm sure the system's little idiosyncracies will irk me, but I'd also figure that it would be a bit rude for anyone to send in a perfectly functional system when so many people are still waiting. I still have no real expectation I'll get my system anymore; I just look at it a having donated to a cool project.

So basically you would still be on your first had the OP team just fixed your volume wheel on the first unit?
I guess that's what I should have asked, are they completely replaced units? Did they just pull the board or did they replace the entire thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that's what I should have asked, are they completely replaced units? Did they just pull the board or did they replace the entire thing?

I asked for a repair but instead I just got a new pandora each time, I guess they have to send the boards back to the company to be fixed so its easier for them to send a new one.

I asked for a repair but instead I just got a new pandora each time, I guess they have to send the boards back to the company to be fixed so its easier for them to send a new one.

And honestly I'd be okay with getting a Pandora with a refurbished board as long as the unit goes through more extensive testing than a new device. Anthing besides the board should be new, in my opinion.

Yeah, to my knowledge no boards have actually failed, only nubs and other things. The nub company I believe agreed to pay the repair cost for the boards to be sent, and repaired at the board factory. So I'm guessing when someone ships their unit to Craig for repair, they just take the board and send it back to Texas, and then they remove the nubs, and recertify the board from scratch. Put on new nubs, and send it back thru the same test as the new boards.

Since I'm guessing they don't send them back one at a time, they probably collect a set amount(maybe 25 or so), send them back to Texas, and just replace the customers unit with a new one(better for everyone involved). My Pandora worked great until the nub went down, so I don't really think I need a completly new one, but since they can't currently fix them there, and the nub company was at fault, I'll be more than happy to get a new one at there expense! ;)

Chris

We have some refurbished units we plan to sell maybe on ebay, things like the case might be a tad worn etc. I keep meaning to put them on there.

We have some refurbished units we plan to sell maybe on ebay, things like the case might be a tad worn etc. I keep meaning to put them on there.

How many refurbs do you have at the moment? I'm hoping it's not too many; it would suck to have a bunch of unsellable (as new) Pandoras taking up a ton of space.

Craig what's the process for batch 2?

Is it all stream lined i.e. continued printing of pandora boards or will there be a wait for batch2 whilst all 4000 are sold?

Is it all stream lined i.e. continued printing of pandora boards or will there be a wait for batch2 whilst all 4000 are sold?
There is no wait between one and two batches. About 3800 Pandoras were sold in the first batch total, and preorders have been rolling for Batch 2 since May or June I believe. Parts are ordered etc. Hopefully it all keeps flowing smooth.

Back