PCB production continues (2011-01-04)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, first off: A happy new year to all of you!

I hope you had some nice, relaxing holidays.

I was personally slowing down a bit, first off, I catched myself a flu which MADE me slow down a bit, and second, I was pretty much worn out (I guess that also was the reason for the flu... cold weather and too much work doesn't go well together).

Craig also had some chest infection and had to take antibiotics (ouch), but now we both recovered and are now back to work.

The first 350 Pandora PCBs have arrived on December 29th and most of them are already assembled and now being tested and flashed.

We want to do thorough testing with these first units with new nubs, so it takes a bit longer.

Meanwhile, CC in Texas was also busy and managed to finish another 400 boards even though there were holidays. I don't know whether they are shipped already or not yet, but seeing progress there is nice.

400 more LCD cables are on the way to me, waiting to get speakers soldered. With those, the next 1000 units can be built :)

Nubs production is also going on. We don't have any exact numbers but hopefully the next 2000 will be ready before CC runs out of them.

A lot of people have asked about the daily videos:

Well, they take A LOT of time. For some videos, I needed about 4 hours per day - and doing this besides my normal work is eating up my time.

I also said from the very beginning that those videos will be continued until the deliveries start again - which should be within the next days.

Ther WILL be more videos, no worries, but no daily videos anymore. I'll rather use the time I've left to continue to work on the OS. There are still a lot of tweaks and fixes to be done, and now that more users will get Pandoras, a more polished OS is more important in my opinion.

Finally, things are moving again. Let's have a good new year :D

Well, don't mess with the Flu - a friend of mine (I'm 39) died at the weekend from it....

Glad to hear things are moving forwards. I really think I'll finally have my Pandora in February-March, it really could be Two Months™ until it actually happens.

Thanks for the posts again, ED. I think you're right - there are enough videos already, I think we all get the idea and anyone seeing them will see how much can be done with the unit...

Oh, and First Post, First time Ever!

Well, don't mess with the Flu - a friend of mine (I'm 39) died at the weekend from it....

Oh, very sorry about that :(

Yes, the flu can be nasty... if you don't take your time to recover, it can affect your health a LOT... that's why I really decided to take a break.

A dead EvilDragon won't help anyone, I guess.

Incredible to hear. The only reason the daily videos were important to me is that they gave just a *little* bit of Pandora news, but now that they're shipping again forget it! I'll figure it out myself when I get mine!!!

I'm glad you are feeling better, ED. I had to take antibiotics over the holidays for the same thing Craig had - not fun!

I'm curious, are the boards that CC is making right now (the additional 400 you said they made over the holidays) complete with nubs and everything? Or are they waiting on more?

This is getting exciting! Thanks for your perseverance. :)

Oh, very sorry about that :(

Yes, the flu can be nasty... if you don't take your time to recover, it can affect your health a LOT... that's why I really decided to take a break.

A dead EvilDragon won't help anyone, I guess.

Congrats on getting over your flu, especially after dealing with a cold. And we're all sure by now that a dead Mike won't do any good; but will a zombie?

Yippie, 400 New Boards, = 100 Pandora for EvilDragons Customers,

(Ich hatte eigendlich noch nie so eine Schlimme Erkältung mit Grippe etc, ich hoffe dir gehts wieder besser EvilDragon, mach dir keinen Stress, deine Gesundheit geht vor)

Great News, and good that your feeling better

great news.to see lots more pandoras being made.I think we have enough videos.Take it easy ed.

Well, first off: A happy new year to all of you!

I hope you had some nice, relaxing holidays.

I was personally slowing down a bit, first off, I catched myself a flu which MADE me slow down a bit, and second, I was pretty much worn out (I guess that also was the reason for the flu... cold weather and too much work doesn't go well together).

Craig also had some chest infection and had to take antibiotics (ouch), but now we both recovered and are now back to work.

The first 350 Pandora PCBs have arrived on December 29th and most of them are already assembled and now being tested and flashed.

We want to do thorough testing with these first units with new nubs, so it takes a bit longer.

Meanwhile, CC in Texas was also busy and managed to finish another 400 boards even though there were holidays. I don't know whether they are shipped already or not yet, but seeing progress there is nice.

400 more LCD cables are on the way to me, waiting to get speakers soldered. With those, the next 1000 units can be built :)

Nubs production is also going on. We don't have any exact numbers but hopefully the next 2000 will be ready before CC runs out of them.

A lot of people have asked about the daily videos:

Well, they take A LOT of time. For some videos, I needed about 4 hours per day - and doing this besides my normal work is eating up my time.

I also said from the very beginning that those videos will be continued until the deliveries start again - which should be within the next days.

Ther WILL be more videos, no worries, but no daily videos anymore. I'll rather use the time I've left to continue to work on the OS. There are still a lot of tweaks and fixes to be done, and now that more users will get Pandoras, a more polished OS is more important in my opinion.

Finally, things are moving again. Let's have a good new year :D

Nice job 'ol buddy 'ol pal!! :lol:

now, i have a real question......when do you think pandoras might start shipping to customers??

i need a date to look forward to, even if there's a huge chance it won't arrive at that date. XD

having a date to look forward to, makes time seem to fly by faster for me. X3

(EDIT i typo'ed.....i meant 'makes', not make. XD)

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick update:

The next 2000 nubs will be finished January 6th, ALL remaining nubs (incl. the ones for the iCP) will be finished January 17th.

So not shipping this week after all then?

D.

Back