New cables, more boards (2011-04-15)

They need to hire school leaving technicians to do the assembly so ED and co can concentrate on improving the pandora and updating the site (weekly). This way people get their Pandora's and new order will be more likely to come in, for this is the reason I didn't order one yet.

This is a non-issue for new orders, which have been, so far, shipping reliably within 7 business days of payment.

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to hire school leaving technicians to do the assembly so ED and co can concentrate on improving the pandora and uodating the site (weekly). This way people get their Pandora's and new order will be more likely to come in, for this is the reason I didn't order one yet.

Regards,

iArnold

It's already been done. More staff was part of the reason for the price increase, but the problem is (we are told) CC can't keep up with board production.

So Pandora production is currently limited by supply chain issues, not available manpower.

They need to hire school leaving technicians to do the assembly so ED and co can concentrate on improving the pandora and updating the site (weekly). This way people get their Pandora's and new order will be more likely to come in, for this is the reason I didn't order one yet.

Regards,

iArnold

It's already been done. More staff was part of the reason for the price increase, but the problem is (we are told) CC can't keep up with board production.

So Pandora production is currently limited by supply chain issues, not available manpower.
Then there will be no problem finding the time to update the current state once in a while? Preferably once a week ;-)

@iArnold: The team are not Pandora producing machines. It's just silly to believe that time not spent building pandoras means time spent on other pandora stuff. These guys have lives to lead too.

The team should throw their long-suffering customers a bone once in a while - 5 weeks is just unreasonable. But if you are not a pre-order customer, that's really none of your concern.

Buy now: get a pandora shipped within a week. What exactly do you need updates for?

@iArnold: The team are not Pandora producing machines. It's just silly to believe that time not spent building pandoras means time spent on other pandora stuff. These guys have lives to lead too.

The team should throw their long-suffering customers a bone once in a while - 5 weeks is just unreasonable. But if you are not a pre-order customer, that's really none of your concern.

Buy now: get a pandora shipped within a week. What exactly do you need updates for?
An update a week could ensure me that the project is not bleeding to death. Many companies do the same, the customer is always the last to know business is not going well. Say bye to your paid in advance money. Some signs are just not good for the faith is this product. (Like none of the pages were updated lately).

Looking for a device like the Pandora? Maybe I must be looking out for an alternative.

(The one week Pandora is too much of a risk too without regular updates.)

That's my concern in this..

Regards

Well, June is just around the corner. I'm sure we will hear something soon.

Edit: Oh, and in two month its gonna be the anniversary of my order. :p

Well, June is just around the corner. I'm sure we will hear something soon.

Edit: Oh, and in two month its gonna be the anniversary of my order. :p
By the 15th of June it'll be 6 months now since I've placed my order for my Pandora. I really hope that I'll be able to receive mine before I end up moving and studying abroad towards the end of this year. ^^;

An update a week could ensure me that the project is not bleeding to death. Many companies do the same, the customer is always the last to know business is not going well. Say bye to your paid in advance money. Some signs are just not good for the faith is this product. (Like none of the pages were updated lately).

Looking for a device like the Pandora? Maybe I must be looking out for an alternative.

(The one week Pandora is too much of a risk too without regular updates.)

That's my concern in this..

Regards
There's an "EDcam" where you can watch how EvilDragon builds Pandoras:

http://pandorapress.net/2011/05/22/edcam-back-online-again/

http://buechse.openpandora.de/edcam/

(yes, I know: right now the cam is offline ... and it could all be fake, ED just pretending he is working on Pandoras, while in fact he just touches the same two or three units that there are ... better check if the shadows line up, or if there is a flag waving allthough there is no air on the moon! oh wait, wrong hoax)

more than one year I did not post here ;)

I went to the official blog but no news, so i don't know what's happen.

just read from here maybe one dude pandora will be shipped in may/june. is it the same for everyone?

i order somedays in october 2009 or 2008.

I would also recommend http://stalker.openpandora.org/ for news.
That shows every action on twitter, the forums and some other places by ED and Craigix?

HOLY SHIT. I knew they were busy, but that really shows the level of dedication here. I only check the top threads in General and the top thread in Official for updates, myself, and seeing how much support they do grants me more patience while waiting on the building.

Just a quick note - I got mine 1 week ago. I ordered October 1, 2008 @8PM GMT.

They are producing them.

It is worth the wait.

They seem to be processing in sets of queue positions. I.e. take the 'next 100 orders' and build them and send them out as they finish. Number 80 of the set may go out before number 2 of the set (random at that point) but number 100 will go out before they draw the 'next next 100 orders'.

At least that is my interpretation on it.

Stay calm - it's really happening now.

Just a quick note - I got mine 1 week ago. I ordered October 1, 2008 @8PM GMT.

They are producing them.

It is worth the wait.

According to UPS tracking, mine just arrived at home an hour ago. And I can't get home till friday night :-( Such is life.

I ordered in July 2009 I seem to get a different order number on every email from Jacqueline.

I am going to go the Premium route but as of yet got no reply.

How do I do this.

Clicking on the link Buy now or Order Upgrade only gives me pandorasales.

I am prepared to pay the extra will somebody please contact me.

I ordered in July 2009 I seem to get a different order number on every email from Jacqueline.

How do I do this.

I thought you had no cash lol :lol:

finally bit the bullet eh?

You wont regret it!

How do I do this.

You wont regret it!
Hahaha +1

How do I do this.

You wont regret it!

Just tell jacqueline that you wish to upgrade, and she'll send you a google checkout payment request.

Though she has been sick, so there was some backlog

Back