Payback Playable Demo Released

Some cars models don't change at all =(

PUG
PUG GTI
Scooby
Vapour
Evo

And i want to know is in full version all cars model are change?

P.S.
Sorry for me english =)

Do somone know if I get it now, command it on the gp2x.co.uk site if It is shipping now ?

Thanks for the info,

Huxley posted on Oct 22 2006 at 12:40 PM said:
Wow, that was pretty cool.

Had lots of fun messing around in the demo - just found the football pitch with the minigun, but no way to get out :p

Actually scratch that, I found an exit. There's a very steep ramp in one of the corners, easy to miss. Cool jump if you've got a fast car though!

Well, there are a few questions and concerns still hovering over this one, but I've enjoyed the demo enough to order myself a copy.

Congrats Apex designs and Craig on bringing this to the GP2X!

Last edited by a moderator:
did not enjoy the demo.

for one, it took me a second ot realize that i had to get into the car on the opposite side to drive, being from america myself.
and i hated the overhead sprites. argh.
and there were like three songs it played over and over again.
and when will video game characters learn to friggin swim?

it looked alright, but i didnt enjoy it.

Shikaku posted on Oct 23 2006 at 12:25 AM said:
plounted posted on Oct 22 2006 at 07:18 PM said:

You can't swim the channels of GB. YOU WILL DROWN IN REAL LIFE. Just to let you know...
You will be dead from the hypothermia before you get a chance to drown! WE DONT HAVE HOT WATER!

did not enjoy the demo.

for one, it took me a second ot realize that i had to get into the car on the opposite side to drive, being from america myself.

Yay the cunt allarm just went off!

- Alex

The overhead view is a nice way to limit polygon count and keep framerates up, I'm sure... the full version has more songs and the ability to add custom ones, and yes, drowning in water is rather common in video games, and real life too, heh.

I never liked top down games... until now. This is awesome, i finally got to play some of the missions and realized that though it isn't at the angle i'd like it to be the gameplay is great. I am fully prepared to spend the 40 bucks to get a copy shipped over whenever it comes out, but am wondering if and when it will be available for download in relation to its release date

I enjoyed it and will be ordering, but only problems I had was:

I went inside a building and couldnt see where I was, eventually getting stuck. If the building can become transparent or make a glowing outline of where I am would be nice..

If I drive into a dark alley the cars or person would become pitch dark, if the cars front lights would turn on in this situation that would make a world of difference on where am I & whats in my way..

The map would be easier to follow if it was a simple flat 2D map, not a 3D hovering one..

Alex. posted on Oct 23 2006 at 12:22 AM said:
did not enjoy the demo.

Yay the cunt allarm just went off!

- Alex

thats not very nice.
i was just stating my opinion like the rest of you.
can't i just not enjoy a game?

You know what you're right, I apologize for that. Sometimes I get the urge to say stupid things, maybe I was motivated to do so by the fact that your opinion of the demo doesn't contain a single positive comment. ;)

- Alex

plounted posted on Oct 23 2006 at 07:23 AM said:
thats not very nice.
i was just stating my opinion like the rest of you.
can't i just not enjoy a game?
But you seem to be trying hard not to enjoy it. You managed to post 4 'negative' things. 1 of which was about asthetics, 1 of which was just nationalism, and two of which were ill-informed.
You can swim, briefly, before the cold takes over(about 3-4 seconds). I drove several cars into the water and swam to shore just fine. I wouldn't have minded if they let you swim a it longer, but at least its something.
The retail version will have several more custom songs + a song converter so you can add your own tunes from your personal library. The demo only had 3 songs as a taste of what you can get with the full version. Also, you can change the radio setup in the Options menu just to play songs while in cars, or not at all.

You missed obvious negatives too (IMO). The real crappy cop AI (AI in general, really), the wierd hand brake that seems to go the wrong way, and the anemic story/missions stand out a like a sore thumb. Of course, maybe you didn't play long enough to notice after your initial negative reaction.

Anyway, I will be picking this up. First game so far with solid production values. I can get over its flaws easily enough. I enjoyed it more with each game I played, and hopefully it will have an editor or something to dink around with.

I wasn't aware the Brits had a rapid fire photon tank. It must be fairly common too, since they don't even bother to lock them up or guard them. You talk up your Navy prowress to much, I would hate to get in a ground war with you guys.

*Edit* Oh Yeah, does the KKK really have a presence Europe? I always assumed that overall the ideology only held appeal for small subset of folks in the US.

Hey Can someone post the box art for this game? and how big is the box? what does the gamparkholding logo on the box looks like? & the back of the box?

Well, i only found this little pic so far...
thebox.jpg

Back