Payback Playable Demo Released

The cop cars go realllllly fast lol. Im gonna get spoiled and only have to use cop cars in this game, like only using the lamborgs and "cheetah" type cars in gta :lol:

@wolfsclaw: Thanks, but I still dont know the name of the song :(. Meh, maybe after playing for a while longer I'll learn the lyrics better and be able to find the song online.

I have a question: For you guys over in the UK with PAL versions of GTA, in that version do you drive on the left side? lol, I never thought of that.

As I said before, great game. The subtitles seem like a pretty big issue, are they easily fixable?

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 21 2006 at 04:11 PM said:
The cop cars go realllllly fast lol. Im gonna get spoiled and only have to use cop cars in this game, like only using the lamborgs and "cheetah" type cars in gta :lol:

@Wolfsclaw: Thanks, but I still dont know the name of the song :(. Meh, maybe after playing for a while longer I'll learn the lyrics better and be able to find the song online.

I have a question: For you guys over in the UK with PAL versions of GTA, in that version do you drive on the left side? lol, I never thought of that.

As I said before, great game. The subtitles seem like a pretty big issue, are they easily fixable?

Nope, so that's why I said it's nice that this game has the driving on the left! :) I was crashing directly onto cars at first though... because of every other car game having the driving on the right... >_>

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 21 2006 at 05:11 PM said:
@Wolfsclaw: Thanks, but I still dont know the name of the song :(. Meh, maybe after playing for a while longer I'll learn the lyrics better and be able to find the song online.

huh? the track title is always displayed o_O Its by Anomos and called "Why Live" !

Some Suggestions for patchs for Payback:
* When you are shooting cars, most drivers dont care and just drive as normal as always :huh:
it would be cool if the driver would either leave the car and run away or drive as fast as possible away (just like in gta2)
* I can understand that 1 or 2 police stars might go away quite quickly; however even 6 stars fade away quite fast, unrealistic!?
* When you are driving backwards (with down button) and push left or right the car actually does a "wrong turn", physically, at least in my opinion, it would be great to have an option if you want it that way or as it is in gta2 (i hope you understood what i mean :ph34r: )
* The player speaks kinda lazy, as if he hadn't had sleep for 72 hours "Gimme the car. i need it. Yaaawwwnnn" + in my opinion (!) the british accent of the guy at the telephone just doesn't fit all the cool talk, he sounds like a 35-year old BBC news speaker more than a Mafia Boss etc.
* Right now, the music plays all the time which is okay. However, it would be cool to have an option to select "playing music only in cars" where you actually have a car radio. I think that creates a better atmosphere and while running around you just hear your footsteps, the screaming of the KKK people you about to bust' etc. ..
* + some other suggestions which i forgot already...

sorry for my bad english skills

edit: oh yeah, the first time i launched the app i could create my profile, but while loading the menu my GP2x just crashed. It never happened again, anyway, so this is just to inform you, it wasnt anything major. 240Mhz, stabile ac adaptor, game was saved in /mnt/sd/spiele/PaybackDemo . No idea why it happened.

The driving on the wrong side of the road pisses me off, but I guess some classy British culture won't kill me.

Does the full version have a save game feature?

- Alex

Wolfsclaw posted on Oct 21 2006 at 06:03 PM said:
* Right now, the music plays all the time which is okay. However, it would be cool to have an option to select "playing music only in cars" where you actually have a car radio. I think that creates a better atmosphere and while running around you just hear your footsteps, the screaming of the KKK people you about to bust'

Actually you just have to take a look at the option menu

Wolfsclaw posted on Oct 21 2006 at 05:03 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 21 2006 at 05:11 PM said:

* Right now, the music plays all the time which is okay. However, it would be cool to have an option to select "playing music only in cars" where you actually have a car radio. I think that creates a better atmosphere and while running around you just hear your footsteps, the screaming of the KKK people you about to bust' etc. ..
* + some other suggestions which i forgot already...

There already is an option to do that 'Radio mode' on the options screen I believe.

sensible GP32 posted on Oct 21 2006 at 05:22 PM said:
gta is set in america.

so no.
And in the London 1969 add on you do. B)

Awesome that it's finally on the GP2X and all the enhancements compared to the GBA version are really great, too. :) I love Payback. Because of the rotating camera it's way better than classic GTA. Can't wait for the full version. Thanks to everyone who made this come together!

With Payback and Vektar we've got two really cool flagship commercial games now. B) What's next? :D I guess I'll have to contact Redshift and Szymon Ulatowski again. Bike or Die and Legacy: The Quest would make two ideal GP2X titles...

I have a simple question: there will ever be a "Download Version" of this game? (this question applies also to Vektar). Blazar for example, is a commercial game, but it has a download version.

Thanks!

Any of you know how to convert mp3 into that ama extension?

I crashed into a cop car and he just kept going. Where I come from if you crash into a cop car you are gettin' pinched ;) The "AI" needs work.

OrR posted on Oct 21 2006 at 06:52 PM said:
With Payback and Vektar we've got two really cool flagship commercial games now. B) What's next? :D I guess I'll have to contact Redshift and Szymon Ulatowski again. Bike or Die and Legacy: The Quest would make two ideal GP2X titles...

Bike or Die on the gp2x would be awesome.

DTH posted on Oct 21 2006 at 06:06 PM said:
Any of you know how to convert mp3 into that ama extension?
ama means "Amiga audio". As for conversion, I think it's a custom format, so I don't know :p

Alex. posted on Oct 21 2006 at 05:13 PM said:
The driving on the wrong side of the road pisses me off, but I guess some classy British culture won't kill me.

I think you'll find it's you who drives on the wrong side :)

Now you know what it's like for us playing most driving games in the UK.

Yup, everyone starts with the whining, but never pause to think about the flipside of the coin. :) It's like the outcry when a game gets released in the UK 2 days before the US... try having to wait at least 8 MONTHs before complaining ;) You know nothing. ^_^

Back