Fire - Final Release Now Available * Free*

Mr.Jabberwocky

Bloke with a brick on his head
Website
Visit site
FIRE - Final release now available * FREE*

1 building, 1 mission, some little stick figures and an ambulance - which has a light.

It's taken about a month but finally the full game is here, an exclusive & updated version of Fire has arrived on the GP2X.

The Nintendo Game & Watch smash hit Fire has limped onto the GP2X with some serious flames. (Well a bit of smoke actually).

jabberbc.gif

Updated for the GP2X with all new graphics, and a high score table - creating an awesome 80's handheld game which will quite literally make your fingers ache.

It's time for Fire - the reason the GP2X has a delete function.

You have a great sense of humour, and the cartoony graphics found my soft spot :) This will stay on my SD, thanks for the game!

- Alex

subcon959 posted on Oct 22 2006 at 05:20 PM said:
So is it the final release on the archive or not?

The gpe is dated 20/10/2006 12:49.

Yes - that is the final release. If it has the icon (fire.png), high score table and has the 'demo' mode you have it.

The confusion is because the information on the page still shows the previous version. I must have done something wrong as it is still showing the old info but the file and image have been updated.

Or maybe EvilDragon is punishing me for parodying his Payback announcement. Sorry ED - but it was so good I had to nick it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The files (download and pic) lie on your server and have the same name as the ones for the old versions? Then it is normal ;)

The archive just links to these files. If not, something is strange :D

Cool game, btw :)

The archive now shows it as the final version. It even has the mono/colour screenshots.

Thanks EvilDragon.

Thank you all for your kindly remarks. It is funny how a comment like 'This will stay on my SD, thanks for the game!' makes all the frustrations and grief of creating the damn thing melt away.

I am glad Jabber's Log held your interest. I think a better writer/coder could have done a lot more with it. Perhaps more 'real' coders will make logs in the future - but I guess if you are coding something challenging you don't need to be distracted by the updating of a public log.

Unfortunately I have been unable to find any decent pictures of fire attack and I am not familiar with it. There is an emulator but the only source I could find is currently looking for a new home for their site, so it is unavailable to me at the moment.

Mr.Jabberwocky posted on Oct 23 2006 at 12:55 AM said:
Unfortunately I have been unable to find any decent pictures of fire attack and I am not familiar with it. There is an emulator but the only source I could find is currently looking for a new home for their site, so it is unavailable to me at the moment.

http://www.emunova.net/img/tests/1277.jpg

You can move the your character to top-right top-left bottom-right bottom-left. If you press the button twice you swing your hammer. You have to hammer the fire thingys.

hackgrid posted on Oct 23 2006 at 06:02 PM said:
Mr.Jabberwocky posted on Oct 23 2006 at 12:55 AM said:

http://www.emunova.net/img/tests/1277.jpg

You can move the your character to top-right top-left bottom-right bottom-left. If you press the button twice you swing your hammer. You have to hammer the fire thingys.
Thats cool. If you can take a picture of it with all the images lit up (I think if you press reset they all turn on) then I could make a start. But I would still need to play it to do it any justice. If the windows remake does not become available I guess I could get one off e-bay.

The download link on the Archive doesn't work. It just dumps out to the games section of the Archive.

Is there somewhere else I can get the game?

EDIT: OK, it is there, I got it by going into the archive, then going to Games, Freeware, Misc, and downloading it from there.

It's one of those 'play when you have a couple minutes' kind of games. There were a lot of those on the GP32 but not enough on the GP2X yet.

Great game! I agree that this won't leave my SD any time soon. :)

Back