Pandora Website Uppdate

I REALLY hope they do overseas shipping.... particularly to australia. -_-
[/quote]

Craigix has always shipped to Australia before, I don't see why that would change.

Here's hoping for a real Oz distributor though!

Last edited by a moderator:

How much will it cost?
Around £199 (inc VAT), $330, E220.

Didn't you mean 286€?

I'll give the site a few changes today, we didn't really decide 100% on the logo yet, the one that is there is more a place holder (for now).

Yall should probably say North America just to include Canada automatically ;).

craigix said:
I'll give the site a few changes today, we didn't really decide 100% on the logo yet, the one that is there is more a place holder (for now).
The Logo isn't that bad. It just could be more Box like, with some kind of Lid:

pandoralogo3sc3.png

One thing: it would probably be better to link to one of ED's size comparison renders instead of the one with the pasted-in quarter, and not call it a photo.

oh, craig. Are you gonna be opening some kinda official pandora forums and when? You're probs not decided yet though... :) thanks

pandora said:
oh, craig. Are you gonna be opening some kinda official pandora forums and when? You're probs not decided yet though... :) thanks
This is them

I actually don't think that the logo is all that bad. I also think that the saying for the Pandora is pretty neat also.
(Ultra Portability Without Sacrificing Capability) ;)

About the site, I love the fact you guys dumped your table layout. Good choice! There's only two things I would change. One is explained in code:
CODE
<p><span class="hlight">When and where can I buy it?</span><br />
Sometime around April/May 2008 via UK, USA, Germany and Turkey.</p>
toCODE
<p><h3>When and where can I buy it?</h3>

Basically, if you have to use <br />, you are probably not doing something right. <br /> can almost always be avoided.

The last thing is to use background images as little as possible, and use background colors instead. They are just as effective, and take up much less server space, bandwidth, time, and client resources.

As for the logo, I like it, but I like Eolair's logo the best. It feels more professional, and separates from the competition in a glance. It also gives off that "power" feeling while still remaining slightly old in a way... hard to describe. :)

atomicthumbs said:
pandora said:
This is them

ah, so these are they ? :p
Anyways, I reckon we need some new forums for a new console maybes.

pandora said:
atomicthumbs said:
pandora said:
This is them

ah, so these are they ? :p
Anyways, I reckon we need some new forums for a new console maybes.

Fragmenting this community would do no good.

javaJake said:
There's only two things I would change. One is explained in code:
CODE
<p><span class="hlight">When and where can I buy it?</span><br />
toCODE
<p><h3>When and where can I buy it?</h3>
Granted there are other validation problems on there at the moment, but having a H element in a P is not allowed and does not validate. A single use of BR isn't bad really, just when you have many in a row.

What about oficial Pandora Mhz?

2/3 months to release the machine and no oficial speed yet o_O

I have read 625 mhz or so but not in the oficial web.

We all want to know the standar oficial speed and the OC that we will can do.

Standar=625 mhz?
Overclocking until= 800 mhz?

Thank you :)

Rivroner said:
What about oficial Pandora Mhz?

2/3 months to release the machine and no oficial speed yet o_O

I have read 625 mhz or so but not in the oficial web.

We all want to know the standar oficial speed and the OC that we will can do.

Standar=625 mhz?
Overclocking until= 800 mhz?

You can find some information about standard frequencies in Linux kernel :)

evilwallpaper said:
Granted there are other validation problems on there at the moment, but having a H element in a P is not allowed and does not validate. A single use of BR isn't bad really, just when you have many in a row.
Ah, good point. Hmmm, that puts a dent in things, don't it? ;)

I don't want to be an obnoxious CSS purist. I just think that the more we can stick to standards while still supporting the majority of browsers the more the world will benefit in the long run.

Plus, at this point, the CSS support is pretty darn good, so it isn't a big deal. :D

Standard frequency is dynamic depending on load, which is way its not stated. If 625Mhz is placed on the web, people may complain when they order a Pandora and find it running at 300Mhz (or whatever).

Over clocking frequency will obviously differ over units, just like on the gp2x. Due to the fact we don't have many dev units, we can't say "Most will overclock to X", as we don't have enough units to find the average (X).

Back