New Blog On Open Pandora

I don't have the bandwidth for lots of people to download several hundred meg .avi files

How much do you need? I probably could host them on my site(7.5TB bandwitdth)...

zacaj said:

I don't have the bandwidth for lots of people to download several hundred meg .avi files
How much do you need? I probably could host them on my site(7.5TB bandwitdth)...

Thats all well and good, But don`t forget that they have to be uploaded first.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
zacaj said:
I meant he could upload them there...
Using his bandwidth, Which Squidge said he doesn`t have. :) Plus uploading is generally alot slower than downloading, For most people.

Trooper

Doesnt he mean site bandwidth? Hed only have to upload it once, and then my site would handle all the downloaders

What he's saying is, it's a hassle for someone to capture & upload an enormous video file, when there's really no need to for Squidge to do so in that way. His time is better spent doing important things (like chillaxin') ;)

zacaj said:
Doesnt he mean site bandwidth? Hed only have to upload it once, and then my site would handle all the downloaders
It's already been uploaded once to youtube. That should be enough.

Anybody who insists on making some ineffectual political statement by boycotting free software should be prepared to suffer the consequences.

I could upload videos of various stuff, but does it really matter that much? I was going to wait until the proper pandora pcb is working before uploading any more. Or do you people want videos of random crap?

Chip said:
zacaj said:
It's already been uploaded once to youtube. That should be enough.

Anybody who insists on making some ineffectual political statement by boycotting free software should be prepared to suffer the consequences.

There's no such thing as free. Youtube makes advertising money. :p

trooper said:
zacaj said:
I meant he could upload them there...
Using his bandwidth, Which Squidge said he doesn`t have. :) Plus uploading is generally alot slower than downloading, For most people.

Trooper

Uploading to zacaj's site should take just as much bandwidth as uploading to youtube. I don't see how that would waste more.

-God Ginrai

Snu said:
Squidge said:
Or do you people want videos of random crap?
of course, heck, thats what youtube was CREATED for and look how popular it is!

We all have to keep in mind that even though we all enjoy any new content or information on the Pandora, it still takes up Squidge's valuable time to transcode and post these videos for us.

I appreciate the videos, but my vote is for just uploading the new stuff.

Gaidin said:
We all have to keep in mind that even though we all enjoy any new content or information on the Pandora, it still takes up Squidge's valuable time to transcode and post these videos for us.

+1

Squidge said:
More random videos! More random videos! :) :) :)

Sorry, I'm still working on some basic video and audio demos in uboot today for the Pandora hardware so I like to see what is happening on the dev kits half a world away ;)

Gaidin said:
Snu said:
Squidge said:
of course, heck, thats what youtube was CREATED for and look how popular it is!

+2
I don't need random crap. I'll wait for vids of the pandora pcb :)

God Ginrai said:
Uploading to zacaj's site should take just as much bandwidth as uploading to youtube. I don't see how that would waste more.
The person complaining was asking for the high resolution versions. Ie, they wanted a higher resolution than youtube, which would mean a higher file size. Not everyone would want to download the several hundred meg files, so I'd have to upload each video twice, once to youtube and once to someones web/ftp space.

Squidge said:
God Ginrai said:
The person complaining was asking for the high resolution versions. Ie, they wanted a higher resolution than youtube, which would mean a higher file size. Not everyone would want to download the several hundred meg files, so I'd have to upload each video twice, once to youtube and once to someones web/ftp space.

Actually, youtube supports high quality video sometimes. I'm not sure how it works (it might just be random), but if you notice some videos now have a "high quality" link below them.

But yeah, you don't need to post anything that isn't a "development." If you get a PSX emulator running on it or something, I'd love to see that, but you shouldn't bother posting anything else that could be done on the GP2X. I'm sure we'll all be doing that once the Pandora comes out ;)

I'd rather you spend your time in the code than on YouTube :p

Back