Pandora Price Increase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exophase said:
Linux-SWAT said:
Free speech in USA is quite different from other countries, but you're probably right.

Why would a comment made by someone in the UK against someone in the UK be taken to court in the USA?

Not that it'd hold up in USA court either. That's silly.

It's correct that libel/slander involves publication, but more than that it has to involve deliberately fraudulent defamation of character. Saying that OP is doing something illegal doesn't constitute as that, at worst it's a demonstration of ignorance of law (but I'm not a lawyer and I'm not familiar with the legality of every last thing OP is doing.. I do know OP should be under legal consult with everything they do as a company and wouldn't be very smart not to be)... But it's very different from say, saying that they committed a specific crime they hadn't.

This all sorta reminds me of when Noisome said that he would sue someone if a "stampede" of cancellations was caused due to badmouthing OP.

Exophase, as usual, ( http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/1530-skip-omap4-and-go-directly-to-omap5/ ) , you understand what you want, deforming what people say, always finishing insulting everyone because no one cares anymore about your trolling.

Let's face it once more : bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
htl2001 said:
EvilDragon said:
First, Craig made a post about that a few days before he did it, asking the community what they think about it.
It was never my idea nor did I really like it, but as it seems it was the only thing to work on that huge pile of boards Craig saw in front of him, what could've been done?

That's not the blog. It's the forums. And it wasn't "several days". I saw it happen, and it was closer to half a day (if that) before he told us he'd gone and done it. And it seemed mostly because some people had already found the link. I have no idea how long it had already been up. My biggest problem was that he asked for an opinion, and while many people did say "yes, it's a good idea", there were lots of questions that weren't answered at the time - some of which never were.

I have to agree with this... it was up for a very short time before it came out. While it did seam that craig had given this quite a bit of thought on the matter and had a good plan, he didn't wait too long between announcement and implementation.
This is exactly the problem that I've been on about.

If you read through that thread you will note that I actually agreed that they should do it if it was necessary (although I wasn't too happy about it). But I posted that in response to an idea on a single forum thread, not to the instant implementation of that idea without getting feedback from the people that it would effect the most.

Like I keep saying.. my problem is with the way that it was carried out. I don't know why people keep trying to make this argument about anything else??

benji_stein said:
EvilDragon said:
1. Because the nubs disaster did cost a lot money and some people are cancelling, the project could go bust when running out of money because the slower we produce, the more people will probably cancel. That could lead OpenPandora to go bust and therefore, nobody would be getting any money back and no Pandoras, so the worst case scenario.

[SNIP]

No, I personally wouldn't want that. But I do have to agree with Tripmonkey. I would have greatly appreciated any kind of mention, apology, or anything about the fact that you were doing this. It didn't even get an official blog post. I definitely don't agree with the recent attitude of "willing to wait through anything, or GTFO". Heck, I don't even understand why the "get a refund" and "GTFO" need to be interconnected.

@Tripmonkey. I agree with your sentiments. Unfortunately, I'm guessing it would be possible to wriggle out of it, legally, if they claim that the product is somehow different. Like, say, having a different label underneath. Speaking of which - did those ever get made? Can we see some pictures of these "Red Premium Stickers"?

As no one has answered this point of yours Benji, here's two links to pick over...
http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/1720-did-we-get-different-stickers-for-the-premium-pandoras/
http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/1913-premium-pandora-no-sticker/

popcorn & beer.... :rolleyes:

Chaser said:
As no one has answered this point of yours Benji..
More than likely no one will that's the problem.

It should be pretty obvious that Craig carefully thought through the idea, but then jumped the gun on the implementation. It should never have been put into motion before all the pieces (stickers and a stable supply of boards) were ready; and before the people who it effected the most were properly consulted. This is the people that were in the 950-1500 part of Craig's queue and the next 100 in ED's as they were the one's that might have suffered possible slow down on receiving their orders.

Rather than apologising for that mistake the devs have either tried to ignore it, or told people that if they don't like it they can get their money back and leave.

Alerino said:
so, you are suing pandora or keep trolling the hell out of this forum? What's the point from now on?
Let's do something productive, instead of pushing your personal truth, which i won't judge. They (OPT) took decisions they fell necessary. Do you really want to help? Buy a pandora, ask for a refund, port software or read peacefully the forums.
I'm not suing anybody.

Do you people ever read a thread before posting replies??

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Chaser said:
As no one has answered this point of yours Benji..
More than likely no one will that's the problem.

It should be pretty obvious that Craig carefully thought through the idea, but then jumped the gun on the implementation. It should never have been put into motion before all the pieces (stickers and a stable supply of boards) were ready; and before the people who it effected the most were properly consulted. This is the people that were in the 950-1500 part of Craig's queue and the next 100 in ED's as they were the one's that might have suffered possible slow down on receiving their orders.

Rather than apologising for that mistake the devs have either tried to ignore it, or told people that if they don't like it they can get their money back and leave.

Based on the HUGE number of people bitching about it.... (2 I believe?) I think an engraved apology on solid gold tablets should be sent all viewers of this forum, whether they purchased a unit or not. After all I feel personally insulted that I was not personally consulted before this project saving change was made.

That would be the nicest thing to do for all us abused Pandora forum readers. It matters not that the anticipated result of increased preordered Pandora units being shipped seems to have been achieved and also may have saved the project as a whole...

Just Sayin
Twiitcher

Twiitcher said:
Based on the HUGE number of people bitching about it.... (2 I believe?) ..
What about all the other people who have commented before on both forums and on the PandoraPress blog?
You seem to easily forget about them when it suits you <_<

There's actually been more than 2 people on this thread alone if you bother to read it.

Linux-SWAT said:
Exophase, as usual, ( http://boards.openpa...ectly-to-omap5/ ) , you understand what you want, deforming what people say, always finishing insulting everyone because no one cares anymore about your trolling.

Let's face it once more : bye.

Please explain to me where I've deformed what you said or finished by insulting you, much less where I've trolled you.

Jebe has been a total ass to me in close to every single post he's made on that forum and he's proven that he's not even slightly interested in having a fair argument about anything, it should be clear to anyone who reads that thread without some extreme bias why I lost patience with him. I don't like you using that as ammunition because I questioned claims you made and you don't want to defend them.

Alerino said:
i based my reply on what you wrote earlier, sorry if i misunderstood you, but my question still stands. Voicing your opinion is cool. You've got some answers from OPT. Aren't you satisfied?
:blink: I've still got no relevant answers at all from OP, that's the problem. Will you please read through this thread before posting.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Alerino said:
i based my reply on what you wrote earlier, sorry if i misunderstood you, but my question still stands. Voicing your opinion is cool. You've got some answers from OPT. Aren't you satisfied?
:blink: I've still got no relevant answers at all from OP, that's the problem. Will you please read through this thread before posting.

Well, sorry, but I have no idea what else I could possible reply and what answers you are missing...

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Well, sorry, but I have no idea what else I could possible reply and what answers you are missing...
Why did you go about this Premium stuff without fully informing the people who it effected the most?

Why did you send new orders for premium units first batch stickers instead of the second batch one's?

Why are you letting people who ask these types of questions get bullied on the boards by other users instead of sorting it out yourselves?

Why wont you just apologies to the people who were shunned, seeing as though it's obvious Craig screwed up?

How many more people has Craig actually taken on with the money made from Premium units?

Being able to order a Pandora and receive it in 7 days was a major milestone. Why wasn't it on the official blog?

You can start with those.

EDIT: Missed a couple.

Bloody hell. Can't you just be quiet? You know that you're asking someone who is working way too much already?!? By the way for _your_ pandora?!?

Why did you go about this Premium stuff without fully informing the people who it effected the most?

It was announced in the offical boards. The effect for YOU is that you will get your pandora faster.

Why did you send new orders for premium units first batch stickers instead of the second batch one's?

Because they wanted to make you angry, I am sure. But after all, they ARE from the first batch. And most premium orders will be updates, I think.

Why are you letting people who ask these types of questions get bullied on the boards by other users instead of sorting it out yourselves?

I think he can't do everything. Why are YOU letting poor african children starve?

Why wont you just apologies to the people who were shunned, seeing as though it's obvious Craig screwed up?

Make a poll here if such apologies are needed or if Craig screwed up. You're going to get totally f***ed.

Why don't you just let ED answer? or is your so called faith in this project and the devs so brittle that you don't believe he can? I find it strange that the people who say they are supporting the devs the most are the same one's that try to steer the conversation in another direction when a simple question is asked. Answering these questions wont make the project collapse or die.

These are very simple question that have been asked by quite a few people already but have never got an answer.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Why don't you just let ED answer? or is your so called faith in this project and the devs so brittle that you don't believe he can? I find it strange that the people who say they are supporting the devs the most are the same one's that try to steer the conversation in another direction when a simple question is asked. Answering these questions wont make the project collapse or die.

These are very simple question that have been asked by quite a few people already but have never got an answer.
Most of us are probably quite amazed that you think these questions are worth getting so wound up by. We don't actually give a monkeys what the answer is so long as it stops you asking questions. It's done now anyway.

tsh said:
Most of us are probably quite amazed that you think these questions are worth getting so wound up by.
And how many of those people are between 950-1500 in Craig's queue and the next lot of ED's?

Why would it bother someone who has their Pandora already? Why would it bother someone who has the money to upgrade and get their Pandora early? Why would it bother someone who's at the end of batch 2 and would get their Pandora quite a few months before they would have done?
Those aren't the people that this effects in a negative way.

Tripmonkey_uk said:

But it takes time. He is working at day for his normal job and at night(he told me 4 to 6 _AM_) he repairs broken units or does other pandora stuff. It's just impolite to make him answer questions once more after he has already written looong posts here in this thread. Have you ever experienced that you had to work 15h a day or even longer? I think ED does something to that effect since monthes...

He already stated that he is exhausted, that he took [ spam word ] because of the stress (IIRC). It's rude to make him work even more. Spend your time for something usefull, the faster you will get your pandora.

Imo you show nothing but social incompetence here.

@trip,

What are you winning out of this ? You want public apologies from the dev ?

Ok here I go. hurrmm (getting Craigix voice)
I apologies I do have upset tripMonkey_uk because he think I've made something to delay his pandora delivery.

Now trip, do you feel better ?
What did you get out of that ? Nothing. great !
Now think about this :
- You made EvilDragon feel bad and justify himself
- You made EvilDragon lost about 2/3 hours, he would normally devote to the pandora project (be it on the soldering, to building more pandora apps, going through managing the OS develpement and many more things he did everyday for all of us)
- You made me lost some times too to reply to your BS
- you have upset maany people and created a flame wars

So technically all you've won is delaying the pandora project a bit more.... Wonderfull.

Now would you please go troll away and please-please : dont come back.

BTW, welcome to my ignore list....

Schnatterplatsch said:
But it takes time. He is working at day for his normal job and at night(he told me 4 to 6 _AM_) he repairs broken units or does other pandora stuff. It's just impolite to make him answer questions once more after he has already written looong posts here in this thread. Have you ever experienced that you had to work 15h a day or even longer? I think ED does something to that effect since monthes...

He already stated that he is exhausted, that he took [ spam word ] because of the stress (IIRC). It's rude to make him work even more. Spend your time for something usefull, the faster you will get your pandora.

Imo you show nothing but social incompetence here.
What the hell has any of that to do with what's happened? There's nothing impolite about it at all it's part of being a dev. How come it's ok for him to reply to positive questions? <_<

I think I can answer some of your questions.

They didn't have second batch stickers, or the custom 7-day stickers yet. The "first batch" was the first 4000 units, but not all were spoken for because several hundred were reserved for RMAs, repairs, etc., so nobody who ordered one of the first 4000 should be bumped out of the first 4000 by the 100 limited premiums, even if they were all new purchases (which they weren't).

It wasn't posted in the official blog because it was supposed to be a special offer for the community, not anyone who just happened across the product website and blog. It was however posted all over the forums, and the link was supposed to be "private" or at least as private as you can get on the internet. This was to make sure that community followers didn't feel jilted, but obviously that didn't quite work 100%. Also, it was limited to 100 units, and not a perpetual "7-day Pandora!".

If I remember correctly, craig and/or ED did apologize for needing to increase the price, and basically ask for more money. As I'm sure you're aware, the economy has changed significantly since the Pandora began production. At the prices originally quoted, the Pandora was going to be built at near zero profit. When the economy took a dive, the price of manufacturing took a significant jump, and everything that had not already been paid for up front had the price increased - not to mention the currency conversion rates changing willy-nilly, which only made things worse for UK-based funding. Because some 2500-3500 preorders had been taken at the low price initially offered because of the old part prices, the liquid assets of OPLtd were less than they needed to continue producing at the pace required by supply, and demanded by customers. Hence, they needed cash, which was explained. Do you want them to apologize for the world economic woes?

I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back