Have I digested this correctly?

The requirement to re-pre-order didn't apply to Amex cards for some reason - some people with these cards asked their banks not to honour the payments so that they could re-pre-order, otherwise OP didn't get any money for the sale.

This is something people forget when being negative about OP. OP were prepared to send a Pandora to people with Amex cards even though OP wasn't paid a cent by Amex. OP gave Pandoras away for free to honour pre-orders!!
I just want to add a bit of clarification to the best of my recollection, here: Amex wasn't at the root of that issue, and I seem to recall that it wasn't them who withheld those funds. That was to do with Craig's bank, if memory serves. :p

Thanks for the clarification. It's funny how all of these things become a bit of a blur :blink:

^ It's been quite a crazy ride, so I'm not too surprised by that. :lol:

The issue with the banks was related to an account with HSBC and the distribution outside the UK.

Essentially, even though we had told them in detail our plans, I don't think HSBC really believed we would sell that many consoles that quickly.

When we did they just refused to honour the transactions, even though our lawyers told us they were absolutely in the wrong to do this, but it

was estimated it would take TWO YEARS to drag them though the courts. HSBC actually told us that the customers would lose their money if we

didn't agree to cancel every order.

We just decided it was better to move on from the situation.

It was a really stressful and expensive experience and I'll never trust a bank again.

At least, now you can laugh at the Bank in best Nelson Muntz manner and tease them with "We were right and you were wrong!" :D

The issue with the banks was related to an account with HSBC and the distribution outside the UK.

Essentially, even though we had told them in detail our plans, I don't think HSBC really believed we would sell that many consoles that quickly.

When we did they just refused to honour the transactions, even though our lawyers told us they were absolutely in the wrong to do this, but it

was estimated it would take TWO YEARS to drag them though the courts. HSBC actually told us that the customers would lose their money if we

didn't agree to cancel every order.

We just decided it was better to move on from the situation.

It was a really stressful and expensive experience and I'll never trust a bank again.

HSBC are a bunch of crooks! I have personally run into problems with them and will avoid them like the plague in the future. Beware best buy credit cards!!!

Back