Pandora Price Increase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hugely disappointed in the sort of behaviour I've been seeing around here lately. If you've been wondering why I've been lacking in posting of late, it's because for a while I was considering leaving due to the complete loss of community spirit around here.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
God, people like you are pathetic if this is the type of stuff you enjoy arguing about <_<
Keep it civil, please. There isn't any need to resort to name-calling in response to what appears to be a perfectly reasonable post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always appreciated GP32x because the regulars here are generally more aware than users at other boards. A lot of the discussions here are useful to the people reading them. If it weren't for users on this board, then I wouldn't have been able to do a nasty, yet very useful D-Pad mod on my GP2X.

That being said...though this board may be a bit more active than the official Pandora board, it's been way more negative by far.

EvilDragon said:
...So yeah, I can understand why most people complain that replying to this or similar threads eats more of my time than replying to some positive feedback.
I never said that it didn't take longer for you to reply to a complaint than positive feedback. What I have said is that it's your choice in what you reply to and when you reply to it and that a positive post can require more than one reply.

There was never anything stopping you from posting a quick message to say that you disagree with what I said but don't have time to argue about it until later on. I've already said on the last page of this thread that I wouldn't hold it against you if I had to wait for a reply as it's a forum and not instant messaging.

EvilDragon said:
And no, it's NOT my duty to reply to all questions you might have, especially if these are questions that regard Craig and not me, and especially not in an unofficial community board.
If your posting official Pandora info on this board and your a member of the project then yeah it is your job to answer if some one has a problem with what you have posted. If you don't want to answer questions like that you should either be more careful about posting what you don't know for a fact to be true, or make sure that people know you are only forwarding the information by adding a disclaimer.

EvilDragon said:
And I doubt that if you've got a problem with what Apple does, and ask questions or want an excuse for that in an unofficial community board, if you will get a reply from one of the Apple managers trying to explain what Steve Jobs has decided any why.
What a load of crud. Apple are a global corporation with thousands of people working for them and the people on the forums have probably never even met Steve Jobs. You and Craig are in direct business together so I really don't see how that's got anything to do with it.

Prometheus said:
Keep it civil, please. There isn't any need to resort to name-calling in response to what appears to be a perfectly reasonable post.
Not being funny but could you please explain how I get a warning for calling some one pathetic, but the people on this thread keep calling me a troll without even adding anything positive to the thread themselves + telling me to shut the f*ck up and they don't even get a mention.

And no I don't believe it was a perfectly reasonable post. I've already said on this thread that I currently have to pay every time I connect on-line, yet he wants me to search about for a certain type of post without a clue as to where I should start. I'd rather use common sense.. ED's had over 7,679 posts on this forum alone. Do you honestly believe he's never replied to positive posts with more than one reply, ever?

quadomatic said:
That being said...though this board may be a bit more active than the official Pandora board, it's been way more negative by far.
That's probably because all the new users and people with premium orders hang out on the new boards, whilst the people on this board are mostly the people who ordered over 2 years ago but still haven't got their units.

People here will more than likely cheer up if this next lot of 1000 are shipped out to the original customers.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Prometheus said:
Not being funny but could you please explain how I get a warning for calling some one pathetic, but the people on this thread keep calling me a troll without even adding anything positive to the thread themselves + telling me to shut the f*ck up and they don't even get a mention.
For the record, you haven't been warned. ;) What that was, was a polite request to keep it civil.

And no I don't believe it was a perfectly reasonable post. I've already said on this thread that I currently have to pay every time I connect on-line, yet he wants me to search about for a certain type of post without a clue as to where I should start. I'd rather use common sense.. ED's had over 7,679 posts on this forum alone. Do you honestly believe he's never replied to positive posts with more than one reply, ever?
I have no desire to get involved in your argument.

Prometheus said:
For the record, you haven't been warned. ;) What that was, was a polite request to keep it civil.
Fair enough then perhaps you can tell me why I got a polite request to keep it civil when the others didn't get anything? :p

It strikes me as being quite ironic that the worst kind of trolls on this forum are the ones that never add anything useful to a thread, continually call people trolls and put up smart ass pictures, and yet they never seem to get any kind of negative reaction from the mods for it :huh:

Someone make him [insert polite version of "shut up" here], please. Everytime I hope this thread to die, it comes up again.

And for the record: I am a happy user of my pandora and one of the most disappointing things in this community I came across lately is this conversation...

Schnatterplatsch said:
Someone make him [insert polite version of "shut up" here], please. Everytime I hope this thread to die, it comes up again.

And for the record: I am a happy user of my pandora and one of the most disappointing things in this community I came across lately is this conversation...
I made the last post that I wanted to on this thread but someone found a problem with it and started the arguments off again. Why don't you get your facts straight and have a go at them about it? <_<

Schnatterplatsch said:
There's no need for that either, please. I really can't see how that could end up in anything but a fight.

If you want the thread to die, posting in it isn't really the best means of doing that, is it?

EDIT: Ninja'd with a case in point.

Well as its just slightly past 10:25pm here and this thread is in its dying throes of death rattles, its time for some further naughty bits with Number 29 of "Something Completely Different"...

(Linux and therefore Pandora related, as it does feature a Penguin!)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
If your posting official Pandora info on this board and your a member of the project then yeah it is your job to answer if some one has a problem with what you have posted.

I originally just explained to you why the Premium units exist.
That's it.
That was an answer, and it is definately not my job to answer any further questions here.

If you ask Sony why they did something, they will most likely explain it one time and then leave it like that, if they don't see any reason get into an argument with someone.

If you don't want to answer questions like that you should either be more careful about posting what you don't know for a fact to be true, or make sure that people know you are only forwarding the information by adding a disclaimer.

First, I told quite a few times that my posts here are PRIVATE posts from me, NOT official OpenPandora replies. The OFFICIAL stuff is on the official site, the rest are subjective views.
Yes, I don't always agree with stuff Craig does, but that's normal in a team. Everyone has different ideas, and that's a good thing.

Second, I mentioned somewhere on this thread (I think a couple of times already) that I gave all the answers I KNOW already. But you kept asking more and more questions, even though I told you I can't answer them.
So... what I already did tell you what I know and what not,

Last edited:
The price increase is necessary and means the future of this project is as secure as anything can be these days.

Received my Icontrolpad at the weekend and have to say it's awesome - dpad, nubs and buttons all feel great - the Pandora is going to be worth the wait although I do really hate waiting!

This team have done a great job based on the Icontrolpad and any doubts I may have had are gone!!!!

Well done ED, Craig and the rest of the team!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back