Pandora Keyboard Layout (legends)

Cameleon said:
fusion_power said:
. Here, I 've tried some non-glare- Wood/Burl materials at my own "Art Deco" Pandora Design:

Those renders have a very Bioshock feel about them, and thats not a bad thing

Maybe, thats because the whole Bioshock Design is Art Deco to. ;) I've never played Bioshock but I know it's Design. I have to play this Game when I have an new PC. :) This Art Deco is an very interesting Design Style. The "Batman Animated" Series was Art Deco to by the way.

Maybe, someone with more talent could try a "Steampunk" Version of the Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
A Steampunk version of Pandora would be beautiful beyond all belief.

However, lamentably, Steampunk incarnate seems to have a tendency to be rather pricey to build, let alone to buy. Such a shame... I'm definitely a die hard fan of the genre :).

fusion_power said:
Tobriand said:
A Steampunk version of Pandora would be beautiful beyond all belief.

However, lamentably, Steampunk incarnate seems to have a tendency to be rather pricey to build, let alone to buy. Such a shame... I'm definitely a die hard fan of the genre :).
A little bit Inspiration and maybe wet dreams for you:

http://steampunkworkshop.com/keyboard.shtml
http://steampunkworkshop.com/lcd.shtml
http://www.datamancer.net/steampunklaptop/...mpunklaptop.htm

;)

I know, I know. The scary bit though is when you look in the respective FAQs and notice the prices of the things. The keyboards (albeit entirely sutom made) come out at ~800-1000 USD to buy. Which is *way* more than I can afford, unfortunately. C'est la vie... One day, maybe, when I have a silly amount of money to spend, I'll consider getting some steam-mods done. In the mean time here's hoping the genre gets more mainstream attention in the not too distant future, with the consequential lowering of pricing!

Wow! It's the first time I read about this new handheld and I'm very surprised! :lol: and the 3d renderings are awesome! I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I think that if it's going to have a touch screen, it will be veeery uncomfortable to use in that position. For many utilities it will just be ok, but imagine playing your Nintendo DS if the touch screen was the one in front of you and the non-touch screen the one you hold with your hand. For many games (Ouendan is one that come to my mind) it would be terrible as you make hard pressure on the screen and you are not holding it with your hand. It's only my opinion, but I think that is this was going to be the final model it should have to be hard tested :p

antoniou said:
Wow! It's the first time I read about this new handheld and I'm very surprised! :lol: and the 3d renderings are awesome! I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I think that if it's going to have a touch screen, it will be veeery uncomfortable to use in that position. For many utilities it will just be ok, but imagine playing your Nintendo DS if the touch screen was the one in front of you and the non-touch screen the one you hold with your hand. For many games (Ouendan is one that come to my mind) it would be terrible as you make hard pressure on the screen and you are not holding it with your hand. It's only my opinion, but I think that is this was going to be the final model it should have to be hard tested :p
I'm pretty sure the screen slips all the way back making the unit flat, and I am definitely sure Craig and Ed will have extensively tested how practical it all is.

WarmFluffyUK said:
antoniou said:
I'm pretty sure the screen slips all the way back making the unit flat, and I am definitely sure Craig and Ed will have extensively tested how practical it all is.

AFAIK this is right, but only to 180 degrees; so switching this round to a screen-only device (full 360 degrees) and ignoring the buttons on the back isn't an option, or at least, isn't supposed to be yet, and is unlikely to become one according to MWeston...

Back