Pandora Keyboard Layout (legends)

Guyfawkes said:
Very nice renders, makes the design look much better than the official ones do. It actually looks like a handheld now unlike those in the crap renders (by comparison) in the originals. I think craig and co. should be using yours instead.
Well, basically, the only thing making it look much different from the original are the lights ;)
Except from that, it's pretty much the same.

Last edited:
Well the screen contents have to go, it will run run Doom 3 at even 1 FPS..... some people might get pissed that they buy one and can't run PC games. :p Any well known game should not be shown or you're basically saying the machine is made to play pirate ROMs/ISOs (e.g. the spyro image...)

Also that "pandora" font has to go. :p Looks like something from some cheapo chinese Mp4 device that always have such tacky text on them...

whiskthecat said:
Ok, now let's be serious. Someone render a carbon fiber version. :D
OMG. Can someone PLEASE do this? I would (as I have the model) but I don't think I've got the skill to pull it off well.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
Guyfawkes said:
Very nice renders, makes the design look much better than the official ones do. It actually looks like a handheld now unlike those in the crap renders (by comparison) in the originals. I think craig and co. should be using yours instead.
Well, basically, the only thing making it look much different from the original are the lights ;)
Except from that, it's pretty much the same.

Exactly, my model is based on the official conceptual art already published, plus some fancy lighting and textures.
And here's one running something that I am guessing will be available on our new device:
Pandora7.jpg

prairiefire said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
[/quote]holy sh** the ö and the ä are jumping off the keys! :o

LMAO you're right! I will fix them right up when I get home tonight, you simply cant trust fonts these days to stay put, they must be excited about the Pandora :)

slygamer said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Thanks Ed, I will update the keyboard post haste. Until then, here's another image:
Sweet! That's the version of Spyro that I made (The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning). How well it would work on the Pandora I have no idea. It pushed the PS2, Xbox and Gamecube pretty hard. But before anyone asks, no, it's not going to happen. :)

*ignores renders for 1 sec* Wow, you made Spyro? In Brisbane? Hmm..

Just a comment on the renderings: MWeston said recently that the Mini-USB and DC-in have been moved to the back of the device (which I really prefer to the connector layout on currently known renderings).

Other than that, this looks more convincing than the "official" renderings (lighting has a say in it, I'm sure) and I'm liking the å,ä,ö mini-glyphs on the keyboard. :D

quartercast said:
You'd be surprised how many games are made down here...

GunPei2X said:
quartercast said:
You'd be surprised how many games are made down here...

For sure. Just look up Krome Studios, 2K Australia, Creative Assembly, Auran (now closed), Pandemic, Tantalus, Ratbag (most staff hired by Krome Studios when Midway shut them down), Melbourne House (was owned by Atari, now part of Krome Studios), Microforte, Team Bondi, Fuzzy Eyes, IR gurus to name a few.

icurafu said:
It's better just to say the names of the games. Like BioShock.
Hey Sly, is your office hiring some of the Auran guys? I feel a little sorry for the devs if the rumors I read is true.

...the last two Spyro games, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Viva Pinata: Party Animals, Hellboy. And they are just Krome Studios' recent and upcoming games.

We did hire several ex-Auran staff. They were not rumours either. We were there offering to help them the same day they were told they didn't have jobs any more.

fusion_power said:
. Here, I 've tried some non-glare- Wood/Burl materials at my own "Art Deco" Pandora Design:

Those renders have a very Bioshock feel about them, and thats not a bad thing

Back